Gradle build system and Android Studio

Henning Weiss

Jan 19, 2014, 10:16:08 AM1/19/14
to mobileorg-android
Hi all,

the new build system should now work without a hitch with Android Studio or from command line. I updated the HACKING.md file to reflect that. If you had problems building mobileorg I would encourage you to try again with a new clone. Remember to update Android Studio and the Android SDK tools to their newest versions and install Android SDK 19.0.1.

happy hacking,
Henning

Sebastian Lewalder

May 28, 2014, 3:27:36 AM5/28/14
to mobileor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Android Studio 0.5.8 complains about the gradle configuration stating the project is using an unsupported version of the gradle plugin (0.7.3)

### start dump
Error:The project is using an unsupported version of the Android Gradle plug-in (0.7.3).

Version 0.9.0 introduced incompatible changes in the build language.
Please read the migration guide to learn how to update your project.
### end dump

If i change the dependency to

    dependencies {
        classpath 'com.android.tools.build:gradle:0.9.0'
    }

it complains about the wrong gradle version.

Do i have to replace the gradle wrapper with a newer version to fix this, or is there another way?

Thanks,

Sebastian

Xiang Ji

Jul 4, 2015, 1:16:15 AM7/4/15
to mobileor...@googlegroups.com

Now whenever I try to open the project I get

"Gradle 'MobileOrg' project refresh failed"
"Error:The project is using an unsupported version of Gradle."

It seems that the current Android Studio Gradle plugin requires a minimum version of Gradle 1.0.0 and some breaking changes have been introduced in the newer Gradle versions, for example the APIpackageNameSuffix() is gone and replaced by applicationIdSuffix(). Seehttps://stackoverflow.com/questions/29254107/gradle-dsl-method-not-found-packagenamesuffix Maybe at least we should update the Gradle and maybe also the target Android API etc. But anyways the project seems to be long out of maintenance...