Our next meeting is May 12th and will take place at our new location...BuzzFeed Minneapolis

Phil Wilson

Apr 30, 2015, 5:46:50 PM4/30/15
to mobile-tw...@googlegroups.com

This month we go Cross-Platform Crazy. While native app development continues to dominate the developer space, there are platforms that offer a way to build an app that can span both iOS and Android. Join us for presentations on Reapp and Xamarin.

Reapp

vinceMany have heard of React, the JavaScript framework all the cool kids use nowadays. But a framework for building "hybrid apps, fast" has recently been launched that is built on top of React called Reapp.

When most people think of hybrid apps, they think of PhoneGap. Reapp creates hybrid apps by binding React to a cross-platform UI kit.

In this session, Vince Bullinger will briefly go over React - in case anybody has missed the fun to date - before diving into the nuts and bolts of how to build hybrid mobile apps with Reapp, as well as briefly comparing the experience to other cross-platform mobile technologies.

Vince has been a passionate developer and consultant since 2005. He is currently an independent contractor. He received his MCSD for .NET with C# back in 2008. In recent years, he’s immersed himself in front end technologies. Even more recently, he’s developed a passion for mobile development, specifically of the cross-platform variety. Outside of work, he's a husband and father and enjoys sports, games and learning everything about everything.

Xamarin

KalWith Xamarin forms, you can write one single code base and compile them into Window,iOS, and Android. The awesome part is, you'll end up getting native performance for each platform, unlike hybrid apps that use web frameworks to develop Mobile application.

Kalith Kumasaru, CTO and Co-Founder at Thiken, LLC will provide a brief introduction about Xamarin forms and show a real-world example of code in action.

Kalith is a big fan of .NET. As a graduate of North Dakota State University with a BSc in Computer Science, he has worked as a Software developer at Open Access Technology International developing software to track energy transmission using the .NET development stack prior to co-founding Thicken.

Remember, we're in a new location. The address for BuzzFeed is 945 Broadway St. NE, Suite 200 (The corner of Broadway and Central) Join us in Nordeast for more mobile each month.

Pizza and beverages will be served.

Mobile Twin Cities is powered by:

BuzzFeed_Logo_Red