Crazy Idea #3476

Josh Rhodes

Jan 13, 2013, 2:04:50 AM1/13/13
to mobile...@googlegroups.com
This is an idea in the realm of UI's and Computer Science and OS's and programming...

Problem: You run too many programs or too many tabs or just generally eat up tons of RAM using your computer everyday, It bogs down your computer and bogs down your work and you can't function.

Additional Condition: Many power users use multiple computers mounted next to each other to get one processing something and browse/wait/process on the other to not be bogged down.

Idea: A UI/OS enhancement that does for programs what Synergy does for your mouse and Keyboard.

(which btw is a miraculous program)

So if you had two computers (a and b) and you were running a program on a, this synergy for programs would transfer the program from computer a to computer b.

What do y'all think?

...I probably came up with this because I constantly run too many tabs (ever since opera first came out with tabbed browsing)...

Rick Green

Jan 15, 2013, 9:00:56 AM1/15/13
to mobile...@googlegroups.com
I have used Synergy before with Windows and Linux (never owned an Apple).  It was a nice setup.

Josh Rhodes

Jan 18, 2013, 11:23:49 PM1/18/13
to mobile...@googlegroups.com
Ben is the biggest user of that program I've ever heard of. I've only got one computer per desk personally... I always use VNC for remoting...

Rick Green

Jan 19, 2013, 10:28:14 AM1/19/13
to mobile...@googlegroups.com
How many computers does Ben have running Synergy?