couchbaselite + nodejs + raspbarry pi

dha...@snowflax.com

Nov 17, 2015, 10:21:56 PM11/17/15
to Couchbase Mobile
Hello,

i am Node js Developer and i want to develop one application using node js and couchbase lite  for Raspberry pi plateform.  i googled much for this but i not found any proper documents.  is there any one who can help me for this?

i just want to build easy CRUD application using couchbase lite + couchbase server + nodejs for Raspberry pi

Thanks,
Dhaval

James Nocentini

Nov 17, 2015, 10:56:31 PM11/17/15
to mobile-c...@googlegroups.com
There isn’t a guide for running Couchbase Lite on a Raspberry Pi yet.
You can run the Java SDK on it but you will need to build the couchbase/couchbase-lite-java-native from source and use the jar outputs in your project. The section "Loading in all the dependencies" in this blog post explains it.

Then, you will need to enable the Couchbase Lite REST API with the Couchbase Lite Listener and to persist documents locally and trigger sync from your Node.js app (see REST API docs).

Let me know if you have any questions

James

Stefan Klein

Nov 18, 2015, 11:51:50 AM11/18/15
to mobile-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi

i am Node js Developer and i want to develop one application using node js and couchbase lite  for Raspberry pi plateform.

Why not PouchDB on the Raspberry Pi?

regards,
Stefan

Jens Alfke

Nov 18, 2015, 12:42:19 PM11/18/15
to mobile-c...@googlegroups.com
Do you want to develop a server or a client app? Node.js and Couchbase Lite is sort of an odd combination, because Node is primarily server-side, while Couchbase Lite is a client library.

If you describe more details about what you want the app to do, we can give better advice.

—Jens

James Nocentini

Nov 18, 2015, 12:47:57 PM11/18/15
to mobile-c...@googlegroups.com