syncgateway replicate target DNS resolution

arihant rk

Jan 12, 2017, 1:45:07 AM1/12/17
to Couchbase Mobile
I am using below replication config in the replication. On the destination side i have 2 sg-replicate nodes with fqdn at source to resolve. but could see that always requesting are hitting to only one sg-replicate.

I could see that every time http request is normal. DNS resolution is resolving to list of ips in random manner.

"replications":[
   {
               "replication_id":"C1_C2",
               "source": "db",
               "target": "http://prod-GWREP-V1.service.2.com:4985/db/",
               "continuous":true,
               "changes_feed_limit":1000
    }],

is there caching happening at the start of sg-replicate, if so what is the need of everytime DNS resolution.

Traun Leyden

Jan 12, 2017, 1:52:34 AM1/12/17
to mobile-c...@googlegroups.com
We're not doing anything special in the sg-replicate code with respect to dns lookups (on purpose), so I think it's probably a lower level issue.

It might be a problem with your DNS server configuration, or an issue with the go http library.

Just to clarify actual vs expected though, are you saying you are seeing more DNS lookups than expected?  What's the TTL set to on your DNS entries?

Message has been deleted

arihant rk

Jan 12, 2017, 5:08:24 AM1/12/17
to Couchbase Mobile
TTL is 10 seconds, we are seeing DNS looksup but not able correlate at which point DNS lookup is happening. what is the go version in syncgateway 1.3.1.  cpuld able to syncgateway replicator is not making long poll conection.
are each of request syncgateway replicator does DNS lookup before start of replication(batch between GET and PUT of local document)

Traun Leyden

Jan 12, 2017, 12:45:37 PM1/12/17
to mobile-c...@googlegroups.com
10 second TTL seems like it's pretty short, I wouldn't be surprised if it's causing some of your issues:

According to this, SG 1.3 was built with Go 1.5:

arihant rk