Log level incorrectly indicated in the log

Ben Kennedy

Mar 8, 2018, 2:34:13 PM3/8/18
to mobile-c...@googlegroups.com
It appears that prior to emitting its first log message, CBL makes the following announcement to console, regardless of the configured logging level:

2018-03-08 11:28:25.899577-0800 Shoebox[93187:20540237] CouchbaseLite default log level is Verbose and above

It asserts a "Verbose" log level, even if configured for something else. For example, if I call `CouchbaseLiteSwift.Database.setLogLevel(.warning, domain: .all)` first thing in my `application(didFinishLaunchingWithOptions:)` delegate method, it promptly logs the same message.

(Despite this, the actual logging output suggests the level was correctly set.)

Observed in both 2.0DB021 and DB022.

-ben

Jens Alfke

Mar 8, 2018, 2:58:46 PM3/8/18
to Couchbase Mobile

> On Mar 8, 2018, at 11:34 AM, Ben Kennedy <ben.k...@kashoo.com> wrote:
>
> It appears that prior to emitting its first log message, CBL makes the following announcement to console, regardless of the configured logging level:

Please file an issue on Github.

—Jens

Ben Kennedy

Mar 8, 2018, 4:59:18 PM3/8/18