ANN: Couchbase Mobile 1.3 developer preview

Jens Alfke

Jul 5, 2016, 7:55:22 PM7/5/16
to Couchbase Mobile
At long last we have preview (beta) builds of the 1.3 versions of Couchbase Lite and Sync Gateway. These are nearly complete, they just haven’t been through the full QA process yet. We hope to release 1.3 in the next week or two, and would appreciate your help in flushing out any remaining issues.

Major changes across the board include:
  • OpenID Connect authentication
  • Timed expiration of documents
  • Gateway-to-Gateway replication
  • CBL replicator performance improvements, especially for frequently-changing documents
  • …plus bug fixes and lesser enhancements, of course.

These are the release pages on Github for each project, which list the new features and bug fixes, and at the end link to the download pages:

* Note: If building for iOS or tvOS, you’ll need to add the system library libc++.dylib (which may show up as “libc++.tbd”) to your target’s Link Binary With Libraries build phase. Otherwise you’ll get a bunch of undefined-symbol link errors.

If you find any regressions, please let us know ASAP by filing an issue on the appropriate project in Github. Thanks!

(Thanks also to the developers who’ve been working with our nightly builds and helping us catch problems before this release :)

—Jens

Jens Alfke

Jul 5, 2016, 7:59:10 PM7/5/16
to mobile-c...@googlegroups.com
…in addition, a draft of the new documentation just went live:
http://developer.couchbase.com/documentation/mobile/1.2/developer-preview/index.html

As with the software, we’d appreciate hearing about any mistakes in the docs.

—Jens

Prasanna Kumar Peddinti

Jul 8, 2016, 1:54:59 AM7/8/16
to Couchbase Mobile
Hi Jens,

I am getting deployment issue... here

__prasanna

Steven Mark Ford

Jul 13, 2016, 11:08:30 AM7/13/16
to Couchbase Mobile
Hi Jens,

How do I go about includeing http://latestbuilds.hq.couchbase.com/couchbase-lite-net/1.3.0/97/ nu get package in my Visual Studio 2013 solution. I am familiar with using the package manager for online sources but not local sources?

James Nocentini

Jul 13, 2016, 12:48:49 PM7/13/16
to Couchbase Mobile
Instructions for using a CBL .NET CI build were just uploaded at http://developer.couchbase.com/documentation/mobile/1.2/installation/net/index.html#ci-build.

James

dyowee

Jul 18, 2016, 4:46:27 PM7/18/16
to Couchbase Mobile
Are you going to add the detection code in 1.3 to enable bulk_get with CouchDB 2.0? :)

Jens Alfke

Jul 18, 2016, 7:12:07 PM7/18/16

On Jul 18, 2016, at 1:46 PM, dyowee <csharpen...@gmail.com> wrote:

Are you going to add the detection code in 1.3 to enable bulk_get with CouchDB 2.0? :)

No; 1.3 is in the final-candidate stage and we’re only taking critical bug fixes. You should check the Github issues to see the status of feature requests. I think someone recently filed an issue about bulk_get and CouchDB (apparently it works in 1.6.)

—Jens

Steven Mark Ford

Jul 19, 2016, 5:26:23 AM7/19/16
to Couchbase Mobile
Any Idea when  .NET module will be released and available via nuget Package manager. We have a release scheduled for end of the month and I would love for this to be included?