Couchbase Lite 1.1.0 release with bitcode

David Quon

Sep 18, 2015, 5:49:18 PM9/18/15
to Couchbase Mobile
Now that Xcode 7 is officially released is there any chance for a build of the latest Couchbase Lite Release 1.1.0 with bitcode enabled (also hopefully with a CocoaPod update if needed)?  Thanks.

Jens Alfke

Sep 18, 2015, 6:04:15 PM9/18/15
to mobile-c...@googlegroups.com

On Sep 18, 2015, at 2:49 PM, David Quon <dav...@amcoonline.net> wrote:

Now that Xcode 7 is officially released is there any chance for a build of the latest Couchbase Lite Release 1.1.0 with bitcode enabled (also hopefully with a CocoaPod update if needed)?  Thanks.

We’re about to release 1.1.1 (any day now, I hear.)
But it’s still built with Xcode 6.4, because we won’t build official releases with a beta compiler.
Sounds like we will need to re-build 1.1.1 with Xcode 7 as soon as the latter is released. (That will automatically add bitcode, since it’s enabled by default in framework/library targets.)

In the interim you’ll need to check out and build Couchbase Lite yourself using the latest Xcode 7.

—Jens

Jens Alfke

Sep 18, 2015, 6:57:51 PM9/18/15

On Sep 18, 2015, at 3:04 PM, Jens Alfke <je...@couchbase.com> wrote:

Sounds like we will need to re-build 1.1.1 with Xcode 7 as soon as the latter is released. (That will automatically add bitcode, since it’s enabled by default in framework/library targets.)

FYI: This has been filed as issue #916 if you want to track it. The rebuilt release will be named 1.1.1.1(!).

—Jens

David Quon

Sep 18, 2015, 8:28:02 PM9/18/15
to Couchbase Mobile
Thanks Jens for the prompt attention!  Have a nice weekend.

srinadh korukonda

Sep 30, 2015, 11:46:30 AM9/30/15
to Couchbase Mobile
--Jens any update about Couachbase lite new SDK for Xcode7

Jens Alfke

Sep 30, 2015, 12:34:34 PM9/30/15
to Couchbase Mobile
On Sep 30, 2015, at 4:06 AM, srinadh korukonda <srin...@stellentsoft.com> wrote:

--Jens any update about Couachbase lite new SDK for Xcode7

Sorry, I’m a dev engineer, so I’m not in touch with what’s going on with releases.

The Github issue would be the best place to look for updates or ask about status.

If you need a build now, you can check out the source code and build it with Xcode 7. That’s all it takes; you don’t have to change any settings to get bitcode.

—Jens

Jens Alfke

Sep 30, 2015, 12:34:34 PM9/30/15
to Couchbase Mobile
On Sep 30, 2015, at 4:06 AM, srinadh korukonda <srin...@stellentsoft.com> wrote:

--Jens any update about Couachbase lite new SDK for Xcode7

srinadh korukonda

Sep 30, 2015, 12:42:05 PM9/30/15
to Couchbase Mobile

Jens Alfke

Sep 30, 2015, 3:26:34 PM9/30/15
to mobile-c...@googlegroups.com

On Sep 30, 2015, at 9:42 AM, srinadh korukonda <srin...@stellentsoft.com> wrote:

Um, that has nothing to do with this thread.

Also, I’m a development engineer; I don’t work in support. I just help out with questions when I have time available.

—Jens