Use SQL instead of NoSQL

Dumidu Madushanka

Nov 23, 2015, 1:14:12 AM11/23/15
to Couchbase Mobile
I'm new user to Couchbase. And I'm interesting to know the way of use SQL instead of NoSQL as the remote server database.

Jens Alfke

Nov 23, 2015, 1:15:34 AM11/23/15
to mobile-c...@googlegroups.com

On Nov 22, 2015, at 9:50 PM, Dumidu Madushanka <dumi...@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm new user to Couchbase. And I'm interesting to know the way of use SQL instead of NoSQL as the remote server database.

Sorry, you can’t. The replication protocol is only supported by Couchbase Sync Gateway, and by CouchDB and related databases like PouchDB, BigCouch, Cloudant.

—Jens

Dumidu Madushanka

Nov 23, 2015, 1:24:22 AM11/23/15
to Couchbase Mobile
Okay. So If I use PouchDB in Node.js adapter can I make it compatible with SQL using SQLDown

Jens Alfke

Nov 23, 2015, 12:27:33 PM11/23/15

On Nov 22, 2015, at 10:24 PM, Dumidu Madushanka <dumi...@gmail.com> wrote:

Okay. So If I use PouchDB in Node.js adapter can I make it compatible with SQL using SQLDown

If PouchDB can be used as a server, not just as a client, then I suppose you can. (I thought PouchDB was just a client, but I haven’t been keeping up with it.)

—Jens
Message has been deleted

Dumidu Madushanka

Nov 25, 2015, 10:38:33 AM11/25/15
to Couchbase Mobile
Is there a way of implement SQL instead of the NoSQL as the persist method using Server integration. Persist data in SQL database when events trigger ?

Jens Alfke

Nov 26, 2015, 3:54:22 PM11/26/15

On Nov 25, 2015, at 7:38 AM, Dumidu Madushanka <dumi...@gmail.com> wrote:

Is there a way of implement SQL instead of the NoSQL as the persist method using Server integration. Persist data in SQL database when events trigger ?

You could do that. There’s no existing code or how-to information on implementing it, besides the doc you already linked to.

Why do you want to store the data in MySQL?

—Jens