CouchbaseLite bitcode.

CouchbaseLover

Apr 22, 2016, 8:09:41 AM4/22/16
to Couchbase Mobile

I love sitting a couple of hours with new frameworks problems <3

Anyone who can guide me to what the problem is now? So fed up with rebuilding/refactoring the Couchbase Framework for the 19231329131293128 time...

Carthage or CocoaPods or the real version?

  ld: bitcode bundle could not be generated because '/Users/xxxx/xxxx/xxxx-ios/Frameworks/CouchbaseLite.framework/CouchbaseLite(CBL_Revision.o)' was built without full bitcode. All object files and libraries for bitcode must be generated from Xcode Archive or Install build for architecture armv7

❌  clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Jens Alfke

Apr 22, 2016, 12:01:30 PM4/22/16
to mobile-c...@googlegroups.com
If you’re building your own copy of Couchbase Lite from source, you need to use Xcode’s Product>Archive command to build the framework, not just Product>Build, otherwise the linker strips out the bitcode. (It took us a long time to figure this out…)

If you’re using Carthage, the `carthage` command builds the framework for you, and it should be using the right commands to preserve the bitcode (since Carthage works for other iOS frameworks.)

—Jens

pa...@couchbase.com

Apr 22, 2016, 12:29:21 PM4/22/16
to Couchbase Mobile
The issue will be fixed in 1.2.1 release. I do not have a specific date for the release but it should be soon.

Thanks