New version of Couchbase Lite Viewer?

Todd Freese

Sep 8, 2016, 12:27:26 PM9/8/16
to Couchbase Mobile
Is there a new version of the Couchbase Lite Viewer app for Mac? Version 0.61 will not open my datafile which is CBL v1.3.

Todd

Jens Alfke

Sep 8, 2016, 2:05:11 PM9/8/16
to Couchbase Mobile

On Sep 8, 2016, at 9:27 AM, Todd Freese <to...@filmworkers.com> wrote:

Is there a new version of the Couchbase Lite Viewer app for Mac? Version 0.61 will not open my datafile which is CBL v1.3.

No, but the existing one ought to work. What exactly goes wrong?

—Jens

Todd Freese

Sep 8, 2016, 2:40:19 PM9/8/16
to Couchbase Mobile
I get the error:

"The document "xxxx.cblite2" could not be opened. This database is too new to be opened by this app.

Todd Freese

Sep 9, 2016, 12:47:38 PM9/9/16
to Couchbase Mobile
Anyone else having this problem? Any thoughts on how to fix it?

Jens Alfke

Sep 9, 2016, 1:03:29 PM9/9/16
to mobile-c...@googlegroups.com

On Sep 9, 2016, at 9:47 AM, Todd Freese <to...@filmworkers.com> wrote:

Anyone else having this problem? Any thoughts on how to fix it?

To be honest, I don’t remember how the version checking in the viewer app works. I do remember that it does some preflighting to decide whether to try to open a database. It’s possible it will work if the preflight is changed to allow opening a database from CBL 1.3. It would also be best to update the copy of CBL in the viewer to 1.3.

If you did this and submitted a pull request it would be awesome :)
Otherwise I’ll try to get to it, but can’t quote a specific time...

—Jens

Todd Freese

Sep 12, 2016, 1:48:41 PM9/12/16
to Couchbase Mobile
Just following up on this.

I was able to build a working version from source if I use the CBL1.3 framework. I don't have to change any code.

Todd

Jens Alfke

Sep 12, 2016, 3:14:14 PM9/12/16

On Sep 12, 2016, at 10:48 AM, Todd Freese <to...@filmworkers.com> wrote:

I was able to build a working version from source if I use the CBL1.3 framework. I don't have to change any code.

Does it fix the problem with opening newer databases?

—Jens

Todd Freese

Sep 12, 2016, 3:41:00 PM9/12/16
to Couchbase Mobile
Yes. If the 1.3 CBL framework is included, it opens the datafile.