CouchBase Sync Gateway with existing server

Isuru Chamara

Mar 24, 2015, 12:35:57 PM3/24/15
to mobile-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I am hoping to get your ideas on the following problem,
I have an existing server application written with following technologies

  • SQL and NoSQL databases
    • PostgreSQL
    • Elasticsearch
  • Application
    • Spring MVC architecture
    • Hibernate JPA
    • Wicket framework
  • Web Server
    • Jetty
And I have an Android client app which connect with above server via RESTful APIs. I need this client to work offline, so I am hoping to integrate couchBase lite local database in the android client and use sync gateway to sync the local changes back to the server and (also sync the server changes to the local db of client) . Can I connect syncgateway to this existing server? or Do I need to implement a separate CouchBase server for this? If I have to implement a CouchBase server, how to integrate it with my existing server?

Thank you
-Isuru

Thiago Alencar

Mar 28, 2015, 5:28:01 PM3/28/15
to mobile-c...@googlegroups.com
Hello Isuru,

You might want to use custom authentication with sync gateway since you probably already have an auth system in place.

Maybe my article can be useful to you: http://ti.eng.br/configuring-your-very-first-couchbase-mobile-sync-backend/

But first you might want to read this to get the basics out of the way.

BR,
Thiago