Solved a couple of problems building and uploading to App Store today that I wanted to share.

Brendan Duddridge

Aug 26, 2016, 7:28:22 PM8/26/16
to Couchbase Mobile
The past couple of days I kept getting a couple of problems compiling and trying to upload to the App Store.

1. I kept getting the following error:

Invalid bitcode version (Producer: '800.0.24.1_0' Reader: '703.0.31_0')

The problem I had that caused this error building was because at some point in the past I compiled Couchbase's SQLCipher static library when I had Xcode 8's command-line tools selected as the default, but I was trying to compile with Xcode 7.3.1. The error message didn't tell me what was causing the problem, just that there was a problem. Eventually I figured out that I needed to recompile the libsqlcipher.a with the Xcode 7.3.1 command-line tools installed.

2. I couldn't upload to the App Store

This was caused by me embedding the CouchbaseLite and CouchbaseLiteListener frameworks in my app. Once I removed them from the Embed Binaries area, I was able to upload again.

I just thought I would share this in case anyone else had this problem in the future they would know how to solve it. At least that's what fixed it for me.

Thanks,

Brendan