Running sg-replicate in multiple instances

arihant rk

Oct 10, 2016, 11:43:35 PM10/10/16
to Couchbase Mobile
Since sg-replicate acts as client, having multiple instances will do the same job(_changes) which can be duplicate to server side. hence running multiple instance of same sg-replicate configuration will cause overhead(reads, view reads) on couchbase.
and also , though we have option to select filter of each sg-replicate(different config) instance but how do i overcome the redundancy in case of failure of sg-replicate.

any better approach to run sg-replicate(same configuration) in multiple instances.

Traun Leyden

Oct 11, 2016, 11:40:32 AM10/11/16
to mobile-c...@googlegroups.com
Right now the recommended approach is to use different configurations for each SG instance.

I realize this complicates your deployment process, but unfortunately there is currently no other approach AFAIK.