Jenkins job for pre-populated cblite database updation

parvez....@decurtis.com

Jan 11, 2018, 1:34:20 PM1/11/18
to Couchbase Mobile
Their is an iOS application using Couchbase lite that is using a pre-populated .cblite database pointing to a Couchbase server. The project is being used over Jenkins for CI The cblite contains several document with attachments. What I need to accomplish is to create a Jenkins job that performs an update of one or more CBLDocuments with new attachments downloaded from a remote location and updated in the pre-populated database and replace it inside the xcode project and initiates a new iOS build creation for testing / delivery. How the pre-populated cblite database updation can be automated through Jenkins? It seems to me that we may need to write scripts in Jenkins job that will accomplish this, right? How this can be accomplished in a proper and efficient manner.

Thanks

Jens Alfke

Jan 11, 2018, 9:03:04 PM1/11/18
to mobile-c...@googlegroups.com

On Jan 11, 2018, at 10:34 AM, parvez....@decurtis.com wrote:

How the pre-populated cblite database updation can be automated through Jenkins? It seems to me that we may need to write scripts in Jenkins job that will accomplish this, right?

Well, yes. You’ll need to write a program that uses Couchbase Lite, that opens the database and updates it. You can write that in Objective-C, Swift, Java or C#.

However, I don’t know anything about extending Jenkins, and this isn’t the right forum for that…

—Jens

parvez....@decurtis.com

Jan 13, 2018, 8:34:37 AM1/13/18
to Couchbase Mobile
That means even if we write a program using any supported language still it is not possible to use this program  as a pre-build action inside a Jenkins job that will perform the pre-populated database update prior to creating an iOS build?

Thanks

Jens Alfke

Jan 13, 2018, 6:48:55 PM1/13/18
to mobile-c...@googlegroups.com

—Jens

> On Jan 13, 2018, at 5:34 AM, "parvez....@decurtis.com" <parvez....@decurtis.com> wrote:
>
> That means even if we write a program using any supported language still it is not possible to use this program as a pre-build action inside a Jenkins job that will perform the pre-populated database update prior to creating an iOS build?

I don’t know. We don’t have any explicit CBL Jenkins integration. You should ask on a support forum for Jenkins if you want to know how to run your own program as part of a build.

—Jens