Load Balancer in front of SG

Todd Freese

Oct 28, 2015, 3:01:11 PM10/28/15
to Couchbase Mobile
We have a load balancer in front of our SG nodes. I noticed that on a big sync from a single client, the load balancer is routing to multiple sg nodes.

Is this a problem? Or is it recommended to have the load balancer route to the same node for a single client?

Todd

Jens Alfke

Oct 28, 2015, 4:57:10 PM10/28/15
to mobile-c...@googlegroups.com

On Oct 28, 2015, at 12:01 PM, Todd Freese <to...@filmworkers.com> wrote:

We have a load balancer in front of our SG nodes. I noticed that on a big sync from a single client, the load balancer is routing to multiple sg nodes.
Is this a problem? Or is it recommended to have the load balancer route to the same node for a single client?

It’s not a problem; SG is a “shared-nothing” architecture where any node can handle any request.

—Jens