Database releaseReadLock exception

Victor Fernandez

Oct 1, 2015, 5:40:09 PM10/1/15
to Couchbase Mobile
Hi
Sometimes I'm getting the exception CBL_FMDatabase releaseReadLock in the method createDatabase of the CBLDatabase object (iOS Framework). This is the log that I was able to see in crashalytics:

Fatal Exception: NSInternalInconsistencyException
Too many calls to releaseReadLock

0
CoreFoundation
__exceptionPreprocess
3
Foundation
-[NSAssertionHandler handleFailureInMethod:object:file:lineNumber:description:]
4
KomandApp
-[CBL_FMDatabase releaseReadLock]
5
KomandApp
-[CBL_FMDatabase executeQuery:withArgumentsInArray:orVAList:]
6
KomandApp
-[CBL_FMDatabase(FMDatabaseAdditions) intForQuery:]
7
KomandApp
-[CBLDatabase(Internal) schemaVersion]
8
KomandApp
-[CBLDatabase(Internal) open:]
9
KomandApp
-[CBLManager databaseNamed:error:]
10
KomandApp
HCAppDelegate.m line 1193
-[HCAppDelegate createTheDatabase]
11
KomandApp
HCAppDelegate.m line 136
-[HCAppDelegate application:didFinishLaunchingWithOptions:]

Does anyone have an idea of why this could be happen?

Regards!

Jens Alfke

Oct 1, 2015, 6:24:25 PM10/1/15
to mobile-c...@googlegroups.com
I was going to suspect threading problems in app code, but it looks like the app just launched and hasn’t even finished opening the database yet, so that seems unlikely.

I don’t know what could cause this. The locking code around SQLite is pretty solid, and I’ve never seen this particular crash before. Can you reproduce this yourself, or does it only happen in the field?

Please file a bug report. Make sure to include the version of CBL.

—Jens

Victor Fernandez

Oct 1, 2015, 7:09:57 PM10/1/15
to Couchbase Mobile
Where I need to make the bug report? In github?

Jens Alfke

Oct 1, 2015, 7:42:16 PM10/1/15
to mobile-c...@googlegroups.com