Sync function to allow writes from external/shadow bucket only

Thiago Alencar

Feb 27, 2015, 5:20:14 PM2/27/15
to mobile-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

How can I setup a sync function to allow writes only from an external (shadow) bucket?

Thanks and BR,
Thiago

Jens Alfke

Feb 27, 2015, 9:07:37 PM2/27/15

On Feb 27, 2015, at 2:20 PM, Thiago Alencar <thia...@gmail.com> wrote:

How can I setup a sync function to allow writes only from an external (shadow) bucket?

Hm. Probably by taking advantage of the fact that the writes from the other bucket are made with admin/superuser privileges instead of as a user account.

For example you could call requireUser(“some_nonexistent_user”) which will fail for any user-initiated change but will pass for an admin-initiated change (either a PUT on the admin port or coming from the external bucket.)

—Jens

Thiago Alencar

Feb 28, 2015, 6:02:50 AM2/28/15
to mobile-c...@googlegroups.com
Nice trick! just tested it, exactly what I needed, thanks Jens!