Wild card channel filter for replication?

Christoph Berlin

Feb 23, 2015, 8:16:23 PM2/23/15
to mobile-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi, does anyone have any idea or comments on the following scenario?

Following scenario:

1) As part of a better login experience we don't want to replicate everything upfront but at the same time we need a few mandatory documents prior to launching the main app.
2) We therefore created a second channel per account, called "firstSync-account name" (account name is place holder for user name) that only contains the mandatory documents.
3) We then run a one-off replication with .channel = "firstSync-account name". Once this one-off replication has been completed, we switch to the main app and relaunch the continuous replication without any filters.

It works well for one individual account as long as the username is known. However due to our relatively complicated account structure we need users to have access to different account documents of which the name is not always known.

Question: is there a way to run a filtered replication with wildcards? For example pull.channel=@"firstSync*"? If not, does anyone have other ideas on how to sync selected channels of which I don't know the name?

Thanks

Jens Alfke

Feb 24, 2015, 11:47:33 AM2/24/15

On Feb 23, 2015, at 5:16 PM, Christoph Berlin <hoptoawe...@gmail.com> wrote:

Question: is there a way to run a filtered replication with wildcards? For example pull.channel=@"firstSync*"?

No, unfortunately. Channels have to be specified explicitly.

—Jens