Customizing the sync gateway and/or CB server beond the sync method

Harsha Balasubramaniam

Jun 15, 2015, 6:04:23 PM6/15/15
to mobile-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm new to the couchbase world. I'm experimenting with CBLite to provide good sync and conflict management features to my IOS app. I would like to know if the sync gateway and/or CB server can be customized to add new functionality.

Ex 1: I want to call another service from the sync gateway which will listen to a Rabbit MQ service.
Ex 2: I want to call a rest api which sends the json documents to another data store independent of the couchbase server

What is the list of extension points from the sync gateway and server?

Thanks.

Jens Alfke

Jun 15, 2015, 6:37:16 PM6/15/15
to mobile-c...@googlegroups.com
The Sync Gateway has a REST API that you can call from server-side code. It lets you do things like read and write documents. The “_changes” API provides a feed that can be used to watch document changes in real-time, and that’s a common extension point. Sync Gateway 1.1 (to be released very soon) adds a web-hook API that you can call from your sync function to trigger other changes when a specific change is made.

—Jens