ToDo Lite only displays a blank grey screen on Android

Yuxiang Wang

Feb 12, 2014, 8:14:11 PM2/12/14
to mobile-c...@googlegroups.com
Dear couchbase mobile community,

Hi!

I am currently having a small problem with the ToDo-Lite demo. I have been using the source from https://github.com/couchbaselabs/TodoLite-PhoneGap.git, and running this app on my own Samsung I777 as well as Nexus 7.

I have built the app with both local build, as well as the PhoneGap build; however, even though I can install without any problems, the app is only a blank grey screen after the splash screen goes away.

Has anyone seen this before?

-Shawn

J. Chris Anderson

Feb 13, 2014, 12:43:04 PM2/13/14
to mobile-c...@googlegroups.com

andy

Feb 14, 2014, 1:45:33 AM2/14/14
to mobile-c...@googlegroups.com
did you click the smily icon on the top and login with fb?

Barthélémy Arribe

Feb 14, 2014, 12:31:44 PM2/14/14
to mobile-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have the same problem following the link http://docs.couchbase.com/couchbase-lite/cbl-phonegap/#getting-started-in-5-minutes. I have only a grey screen... and don't know where is the problem
Is there any way to do it via Eclipse ?

Barthélémy Arribe

Feb 18, 2014, 11:39:09 AM2/18/14
to mobile-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi everybody,

I could find a solution, using cordova and Eclips. Here a tuto I've just written :

Cordova basic application

You can follow the instructions in this link

1.       We need to install node.js

2.       In your favorite terminal, to create a basic Cordova app in Eclipse:

3.  npm install -g cordova
4.  npm install -g plugman
5.  cordova create helloWorldCordova
6.  cd helloWorldCordova /
7.  cordova -d platform add android
8.  cordova build

9.       After that, go to eclipse and import the project just created using “new Android project from existing code”.  You have now a basic Cordova app working.

Couchbase Lite with cordova

If you don’t have cordova, follow the 4 first steps of the previous part. We are going to use again the terminal, creating a new project, adding different plugins, the source code and changing one library.

1.       Go to the terminal

cordova create todo-lite com.couchbase.TodoLite TodoLite
cd todo-lite

2.       Adding the plugins

3.       Adding the source code

4.       For android platform

cordova -d platform add android
cordova build

5.       Go to eclipse and import the project just created using “new Android project from existing code”.

6.       If you run it like this, an error should appear with the library “td_collator_so.jar” using some native code. To fix the problem, follow these steps that you can find on the mobile couchbase documentation starting with eclipse :

7.       Download http://cl.ly/Pr1r/td_collator_so.jar.

8.       Rename the downloaded td_collator_so.jar file to td_collator_so.zip.

9.       Decompress the td_collator_so.zip file.

10.   Copy the 3 folders in the libs folder in your project and delete the td_collator_so.jar.

11.   Your app should run now

Some links which can help:

·         http://codingsquare.blogspot.in/2013/08/creating-cordova-3-android-project.html

·         http://codingsquare.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/adding-plugins-to-your-cordova-android.html

·         http://docs.couchbase.com/couchbase-lite/cbl-android/cbl-android-1.0b2/#adding-a-jar-file-dependency

J. Chris Anderson

Feb 18, 2014, 4:44:02 PM2/18/14
to mobile-c...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for writing this up, I copied it to the wiki here, if anyone wants to refine it.

yangzi...@gmail.com

Mar 23, 2015, 12:13:50 AM3/23/15
to mobile-c...@googlegroups.com
can you device connect with Facebook?
when you can not connect with Facebook, the blank screen show in my device.

James Nocentini

Mar 23, 2015, 5:39:59 AM3/23/15
to mobile-c...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Can you see the `New List` button on the upper right corner?
Would it be possible to paste the logs you get from LogCat here?

Thanks

Traun Leyden

Mar 23, 2015, 3:12:02 PM3/23/15
to mobile-c...@googlegroups.com