Couchbase for electron desktop apps

已查看 94 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Femi Matthew

未读,
2016年11月2日 14:59:102016/11/2
收件人 Couchbase Mobile
I'm a newbie in this, so pardon me if I'm wrong. How can I use couchbase mobile for electron desktop apps. I saw a post by nic raboy where he use pouchdb instead. Is there a way to use couchbase mobile not pouchdb for electron desktop apps

Thanks in anticipation

Jens Alfke

未读,
2016年11月2日 15:44:072016/11/2
收件人 Couchbase Mobile

On Nov 2, 2016, at 11:02 AM, Femi Matthew <her...@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm a newbie in this, so pardon me if I'm wrong. How can I use couchbase mobile for electron desktop apps. I saw a post by nic raboy where he use pouchdb instead. Is there a way to use couchbase mobile not pouchdb for electron desktop apps

PouchDB is pure JS, while Couchbase Lite is implemented in native code with an internal REST API that JS can call. So getting CBL to run in a container like Electron requires some work at the native-code level, like writing a plugin, that will load and initialize it in the process. I don’t know whether or not anyone has created such a plugin.

—Jens
回复全部
回复作者
转发