Regarding .cblite-shm and .cblite-wal file

Krupa

Jul 10, 2015, 4:15:09 AM7/10/15
to mobile-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
 I am new to couchbase Lite as well as iOS development.
 I am using CouchBase Liite for my backend DB
I am using CouchBase Lite Viewer to view the data inserted into database.

 From few days, I saw two additional files are getting created along with db.cblite, when I create a database using CouchDB
1) db.cblite-shm
2) db.cblite-wal.

I was able to open the db.cblite in CouchBaseLite View previously.
But from last two days, once these two files shm and wal getting created, I am not able to open db.cblite
Its giving error stating Documennt cannot be opened.

Even if I delete these two files, while trying to open db.cblite, I am getting the same error, and these two files are getting created.

Can anyone please help me on this?

Jim Borden

Jul 10, 2015, 7:42:44 AM7/10/15
to mobile-c...@googlegroups.com
What is the exact error you are getting?

Those two files are normal.  See sections 2.2 and 2.3 of this page

Jens Alfke

Jul 10, 2015, 12:55:46 PM7/10/15

On Jul 10, 2015, at 12:56 AM, Krupa <kudim...@gmail.com> wrote:

I was able to open the db.cblite in CouchBaseLite View previously.
But from last two days, once these two files shm and wal getting created, I am not able to open db.cblite
Its giving error stating Documennt cannot be opened.

Just to make sure: You’re saying that the database viewer app can’t open the database, right? Your own app is still working?

Did you download a binary of the app or did you check out and build the source code? The binary that’s available from the Releases section of the Github repo isn’t the latest; it’s not compatible with Couchbase Lite 1.1.

—Jens

rajath

Jun 8, 2016, 9:52:33 PM6/8/16
to Couchbase Mobile
I noticed the same recently. The following solved the problem:

Put the 3 files in a directory, and rename it to a name ending with ".cblite2". Then, the CB Lite Viewer should be able to open it.