Android: Best practices for View creation

Victor Benso

Jul 30, 2016, 12:28:49 PM7/30/16
to Couchbase Mobile
Hi,

In my Android app I have many views that are created at launch time.
Well, here comes the weird part,
At first launch, I agree that creating all views will take some time, however when the app is launched a second time, db.getExistingView() returns null for all that previously created views, so my logic re-creates all the views again using setMap (or setMapReduce, according to the view's needs).

The views are stored on the SD card, however forestDB cannot recall them in later launches, is this the expected behavior?
I'm using CBLite 1.3.0-45.
Thanks for any help,

Victor