Pull all purged docs in a channel

Newlix Yang

Apr 6, 2017, 2:45:09 PM4/6/17
to Couchbase Mobile
Hi,

Can I pull back the purged docs in a channel without updating the docs?

Jens Alfke

Apr 6, 2017, 3:13:09 PM4/6/17
to mobile-c...@googlegroups.com

On Apr 6, 2017, at 7:42 AM, Newlix Yang <newl...@gmail.com> wrote:

Can I pull back the purged docs in a channel without updating the docs?

You’d need to do a pull replication that doesn’t have a saved checkpoint, so it’ll start over from the beginning and find and download those docs. (Otherwise the pull will only see docs in that channel that have changed since your last pull.)

There isn’t a cross-platform API to clear the checkpoint, unfortunately. In the Objective-C implementation you can use the customProperties dictionary and add @“reset”:YES, which will make that replication clear the checkpoint before starting. AFAIK the other implementations don’t have this feature.

—Jens