Create ProfileTable problem - 2.0.0RC1

Tomasz Zieleniewski

Feb 8, 2010, 6:49:12 AM2/8/10
to mobicents-public
Hi,

I have the following problem, when I try to create new profile table
through JMX console.
I have succesfully deployed my profile specification and I see that
SLEE has succesfully created database table.

11:55:41,546 WARN [SessionFactoryObjectFactory] InitialContext did
not implement EventContext
11:55:41,546 INFO [SchemaUpdate] Running hbm2ddl schema update
11:55:41,546 INFO [SchemaUpdate] fetching database metadata
11:55:41,562 INFO [SchemaUpdate] updating schema
11:55:41,578 INFO [TableMetadata] table found:
PUBLIC.SLEE_PE_TESTPROFILECMP_1428076674
11:55:41,578 INFO [TableMetadata] columns: [cdescription, tablename,
profilename, cid, cname]
11:55:41,593 INFO [TableMetadata] foreign keys: []
11:55:41,593 INFO [TableMetadata] indexes: [sys_idx_93]
11:55:41,593 INFO [SchemaUpdate] schema update complete
11:55:41,593 INFO [NamingHelper] JNDI InitialContext properties:
{java.naming.factory.initial=org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory,
java.naming.factory.url.pkgs=org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces}
11:55:41,750 INFO [DeploymentMBeanImpl] Installed
ProfileSpecificationID[name=test-profile,vendor=pl.ivmx,version=1.0.0-
SNAPSHOT]

Now when I use jmx-console to create new ProfileTable I get
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: bad component type! I use
[name=test-profile,vendor=pl.ivmx,version=1.0.0-SNAPSHOT] as first
parameter and Test as second for ProfileTable name.
I kindly ask for your help. Is there any easy way (interface) except
jmx-console to provision profiles?

12:01:09,187 ERROR [[HtmlAdaptor]] Servlet.service() for servlet
HtmlAdaptor threw exception
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: bad component type!
at
org.mobicents.slee.container.management.jmx.editors.ComponentIDPropertyEditor.setAsText(ComponentIDPropertyEditor.java:
56)
at
org.jboss.util.propertyeditor.PropertyEditors.convertValue(PropertyEditors.java:
264)
at
org.jboss.jmx.adaptor.control.Server.invokeOpByName(Server.java:239)
at org.jboss.jmx.adaptor.control.Server.invokeOp(Server.java:
223)
at org.jboss.jmx.adaptor.html.HtmlAdaptorServlet
$3.run(HtmlAdaptorServlet.java:380)
at org.jboss.jmx.adaptor.html.HtmlAdaptorServlet
$3.run(HtmlAdaptorServlet.java:377)
at
org.jboss.jmx.adaptor.html.HtmlAdaptorServlet.invokeOp(HtmlAdaptorServlet.java:
376)
at
org.jboss.jmx.adaptor.html.HtmlAdaptorServlet.invokeOp(HtmlAdaptorServlet.java:
287)
at
org.jboss.jmx.adaptor.html.HtmlAdaptorServlet.processRequest(HtmlAdaptorServlet.java:
104)
at
org.jboss.jmx.adaptor.html.HtmlAdaptorServlet.doPost(HtmlAdaptorServlet.java:
86)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:
637)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:
717)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:
290)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:
206)
at
org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:
96)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:
235)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:
206)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:
235)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:
191)
at
org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:
190)
at
org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:
92)
at
org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityContextEstablishmentValve.process(SecurityContextEstablishmentValve.java:
126)
at
org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityContextEstablishmentValve.invoke(SecurityContextEstablishmentValve.java:
70)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:
127)
at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:
102)
at
org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.jca.CachedConnectionValve.invoke(CachedConnectionValve.java:
158)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:
109)
at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:
330)
at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:
829)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol
$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:598)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint
$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Kind regards,
- Tomasz

Eduardo Martins

Feb 8, 2010, 7:49:10 AM2/8/10
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
The ProfileSpecificationID should be passed as its toString() value,
in this case it should be

ProfileSpecificationID[name=test-profile,vendor=pl.ivmx,version=1.0.0-SNAPSHOT]

I guess this is a flaw in the docs section about the JMX Console, it
should be mentioned how JMX Text Editors work, and that every object
which is not a java primitive is considered as its toString() value,
when converting it to binary.

-- Eduardo

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
http://emmartins.blogspot.com
http://www.redhat.com/solutions/telco

Tomasz Zieleniewski

Feb 8, 2010, 9:22:43 AM2/8/10
to mobicents-public
Hi Eduardo,

Like always You saves my day:)
What is the easiest way to edit a particular profile.
I create profile table and a profile inside it through jmx console.
How can I now edit profile parameters?

- tomasz

On 8 Lut, 13:49, Eduardo Martins <emmart...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The ProfileSpecificationID should be passed as its toString() value,
> in this case it should be
>
> ProfileSpecificationID[name=test-profile,vendor=pl.ivmx,version=1.0.0-SNAPSHOT]
>
> I guess this is a flaw in the docs section about the JMX Console, it
> should be mentioned how JMX Text Editors work, and that every object
> which is not a java primitive is considered as its toString() value,
> when converting it to binary.
>
> -- Eduardo
>

> -:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-http://emmartins.blogspot.comhttp://www.redhat.com/solutions/telco

> On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 11:49 AM, Tomasz Zieleniewski

Tomasz Zieleniewski

Feb 8, 2010, 9:33:18 AM2/8/10
to mobicents-public
When I try to edit profile I get the following Exception:
How should I register the profile?

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
15:32:16,156 ERROR [[HtmlAdaptor]] Servlet.service() for servlet
HtmlAdaptor threw exception
javax.management.InstanceNotFoundException:
javax.slee.profile:type=Profile,profileTableName= is not registered.
at
org.jboss.mx.server.registry.BasicMBeanRegistry.get(BasicMBeanRegistry.java:
526)
at
org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.getMBeanInfo(MBeanServerImpl.java:
675)
at
org.jboss.jmx.adaptor.control.Server.setAttributes(Server.java:172)
at org.jboss.jmx.adaptor.html.HtmlAdaptorServlet
$5.run(HtmlAdaptorServlet.java:403)
at org.jboss.jmx.adaptor.html.HtmlAdaptorServlet
$5.run(HtmlAdaptorServlet.java:400)
at
org.jboss.jmx.adaptor.html.HtmlAdaptorServlet.setAttributes(HtmlAdaptorServlet.java:
399)
at
org.jboss.jmx.adaptor.html.HtmlAdaptorServlet.updateAttributes(HtmlAdaptorServlet.java:
259)
at
org.jboss.jmx.adaptor.html.HtmlAdaptorServlet.processRequest(HtmlAdaptorServlet.java:
102)

Eduardo Martins

Feb 8, 2010, 9:42:47 AM2/8/10
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
The Profile MBean is registered once you "create" or "get" the profile
ObjectName using the ProfileProvisioningMBean, and it is unregistered
once you invoke closeProfile() on the Profile MBean, or when its
related java transaction times out (IIRC 15 min).

-- Eduardo

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
http://emmartins.blogspot.com
http://www.redhat.com/solutions/telco

Tomasz Zieleniewski

Feb 8, 2010, 10:31:57 AM2/8/10
to mobicents-public
Thank You eduardo!!

I still have some problem and can edit the profile parameters.
I get the profile. Then through javax.slee.profile I invoke
editProfile
and I see that ProfileWriteable changes True.
Than I try to change profile attributes and Applychanges.
When I invoke apply changes I still get this Exception

ERROR [[HtmlAdaptor]] Servlet.service() for servlet HtmlAdaptor threw
exception
javax.management.InstanceNotFoundException:javax.slee.profile:type=Profile,profileTableName=
is not registered.

What did I miss?

- Tomasz

On 8 Lut, 15:42, Eduardo Martins <emmart...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The Profile MBean is registered once you "create" or "get" the profile
> ObjectName using the ProfileProvisioningMBean, and it is unregistered
> once you invoke closeProfile() on the Profile MBean, or when its
> related java transaction times out (IIRC 15 min).
>
> -- Eduardo
>

> -:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-http://emmartins.blogspot.comhttp://www.redhat.com/solutions/telco
>

> On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 2:33 PM, Tomasz Zieleniewski

> więcej »

Tomasz Zieleniewski

Feb 8, 2010, 11:21:07 AM2/8/10
to mobicents-public
Ofcourse then commiTProfile doesn't make any change, because Apply
changes produced the Exception.
I checked that both for default and custom profiles - the same.

- Tomasz

> więcej »

Eduardo Martins

Feb 8, 2010, 11:23:14 AM2/8/10
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
I'm a bit lost now, do you still have an issue?

-- Eduardo

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
http://emmartins.blogspot.com
http://www.redhat.com/solutions/telco

Tomasz Zieleniewski

Feb 8, 2010, 11:35:55 AM2/8/10
to mobicents-public
yes there is unfortunately.

I get the profile through ProfileProvisioningMBean. Then through
javax.slee.profile I invoke editProfile. I see that ProfileWriteable
parameter changes to True.
Than I try to change some profile attributes and invoke "Apply
changes". When I invoke "Apply changes" I still get this Exception

ERROR [[HtmlAdaptor]] Servlet.service() for servlet HtmlAdaptor threw
exception
javax.management.InstanceNotFoundException:javax.slee.profile:type=Profile,profileTableName=
is not registered.

Then ofcourse invoking commitProfile doesn't make any change, because
"Apply changes" don't work.

-- Tomasz

On 8 Lut, 17:23, Eduardo Martins <emmart...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm a bit lost now, do you still have an issue?
>
> -- Eduardo
>

> -:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-http://emmartins.blogspot.comhttp://www.redhat.com/solutions/telco
>

> On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 4:21 PM, Tomasz Zieleniewski

> więcej »

Eduardo Martins

Feb 8, 2010, 12:20:55 PM2/8/10
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Issue confirmed: http://code.google.com/p/mobicents/issues/detail?id=1272

-- Eduardo

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
http://emmartins.blogspot.com
http://www.redhat.com/solutions/telco

Tomasz Zieleniewski

Feb 9, 2010, 3:02:26 AM2/9/10
to mobicents-public
Hi Eduardo,

Thank you for checking.
Please suggest other way to edit and provision profiles.
I tried to use jconsole but I got strange Error setting Operation
panel :javax.slee.profile.ProfileSpecificationID errors.

Cheers,
- Tomasz

On 8 Lut, 18:20, Eduardo Martins <emmart...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Issue confirmed:http://code.google.com/p/mobicents/issues/detail?id=1272
>
> -- Eduardo
>

> -:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-http://emmartins.blogspot.comhttp://www.redhat.com/solutions/telco
>

> On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 4:35 PM, Tomasz Zieleniewski

> więcej »

Tomasz Zieleniewski

Feb 9, 2010, 3:34:27 AM2/9/10
to mobicents-public
Hi Eduardo,

Thank you for checking.
Please suggest other way to edit and provision profiles.
I tried to use jconsole but I got strange Error setting Operation
panel :javax.slee.profile.ProfileSpecificationID errors.

Cheers,
- Tomasz

On 8 Lut, 18:20, Eduardo Martins <emmart...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Issue confirmed:http://code.google.com/p/mobicents/issues/detail?id=1272
>
> -- Eduardo
>

> -:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-http://emmartins.blogspot.comhttp://www.redhat.com/solutions/telco
>

> On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 4:35 PM, Tomasz Zieleniewski

> więcej »

Tomasz Zieleniewski

Feb 9, 2010, 3:43:43 AM2/9/10
to mobicents-public
Hi Eduardo,

Thank you for checking.
Please suggest other way to edit and provision profiles.
I tried to use jconsole but I got strange Error setting Operation
panel :javax.slee.profile.ProfileSpecificationID errors.

Cheers,
- Tomasz

On 8 Lut, 18:20, Eduardo Martins <emmart...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Issue confirmed:http://code.google.com/p/mobicents/issues/detail?id=1272
>
> -- Eduardo
>

> -:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-http://emmartins.blogspot.comhttp://www.redhat.com/solutions/telco
>

> On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 4:35 PM, Tomasz Zieleniewski

> więcej »

Tomasz Zieleniewski

Feb 9, 2010, 3:45:41 AM2/9/10
to mobicents-public
Does any one know if SleeCommandInterface is working?

I am trying to use it but so far I am missing some dependecies in
maven.

import org.jboss.jmx.adaptor.rmi.RMIAdaptor;
import
org.mobicents.slee.container.management.jmx.SleeCommandInterface;

Can you please provide me with maven coordinates for this dependecies?
(artifactId, groupId)

Cheers
- Tomasz

> więcej »

Tomasz Zieleniewski

Feb 9, 2010, 4:09:42 AM2/9/10
to mobicents-public
Does any one know if SleeCommandInterface is working?

I am trying to use it but so far I am missing some dependecies in
maven.

import org.jboss.jmx.adaptor.rmi.RMIAdaptor;
import
org.mobicents.slee.container.management.jmx.SleeCommandInterface;

Can you please provide me with maven coordinates for this dependecies?
(artifactId, groupId)

Cheers
- Tomasz

> więcej »

Tomasz Zieleniewski

Feb 9, 2010, 4:16:45 AM2/9/10
to mobicents-public
Does any one know if SleeCommandInterface is working?

I am trying to use it but so far I am missing some dependecies in
maven.

import org.jboss.jmx.adaptor.rmi.RMIAdaptor;
import
org.mobicents.slee.container.management.jmx.SleeCommandInterface;

Can you please provide me with maven coordinates for this dependecies?
(artifactId, groupId)

Cheers
- Tomasz

> więcej »

Eduardo Martins

Feb 9, 2010, 6:55:16 AM2/9/10
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tomasz, I committed a temporary solution to this, which should work
for all profile tables and profiles named with chars which does not
requires quoting in a JMX ObjectName (all letters and digits).

The final solution, to support all names considered by SLEE specs,
require fixes in the AS5 JMX Console code, and those we do not control
directly. I created an issue to look over this, it is issue 1273 -
http://code.google.com/p/mobicents/issues/detail?id=1273

As for RMIAdaptor class, it is in maven artifact

<groupId>org.jboss.jbossas</groupId>
<artifactId>jboss-as-server</artifactId>
<version>5.1.0.GA</version>

-- Eduardo