Mobicents Media Server (MMS) v2.0.0.CR1 Released!

Amit Bhayani

Mar 17, 2010, 8:25:48 AM3/17/10
to mobicents-public
We are happy to announce the release of Mobicents Media Server (MMS) v2.0.0.CR1

The main focus for this release was to improve the performance. Details can be found here
http://code.google.com/p/mobicents/issues/list?can=1&q=label%3AMilestone-Release-2.0.0.CR1

The new feature addition is integration of MBrola Voice for TTS. However please note that MBrola is not free for commercial use. Details here
Also the zaptel native drivers for linux are shipped with this binary release for SS7 connectivity. Look at /native folder.

The documentation shipped with binary will give further details.

The MMS 2.x.y can be controlled using MGCP

To understand how to use JSR-309 Impl with Sip Servlet look at JSR 309  Demo example available with latest Mobicents Sip Servlets Server release.

To understand how to use Mobicents Media Server with JAIN SLEE Server look at mgcp-demo and echo examples.

Mobicents Media Server Home Page:
http://www.mobicents.org/products_media_server.html

MMS Guide page:
http://www.mobicents.org/mms/user_guides/media_server/2.0.0.BETA2/html_single/index.html

Where to download from?
-----------------------
The distribution can be found on SourceForge.net. The binary package for standalone is mms-standalone-2.0.0.CR1.zip
Download from https://sourceforge.net/project/admin/explorer.php?group_id=102670

Source repositories:
-------------------

SVN checkout
https://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/media/2.x.y/core/mms-core-2.0.0.CR1

SVN Browsing
http://code.google.com/p/mobicents/source/browse/#svn/tags/servers/media/2.x.y/core/mms-core-2.0.0.CR1

Looking forward to your feedback:
---------------------------------
http://groups.google.com/group/mobicents-public

Mobicents Media Server Team

Jean Deruelle

Mar 17, 2010, 10:18:47 AM3/17/10
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Congrats guy, can feel the heat of the GA release coming soon :-)

Ivelin Ivanov

Mar 17, 2010, 10:28:33 AM3/17/10
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations, Media Team!

Eduardo Martins

Mar 17, 2010, 11:53:21 AM3/17/10
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Great work. Congrats!

-- Eduardo

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
http://emmartins.blogspot.com
http://www.redhat.com/solutions/telco

Sachin Parnami

Mar 17, 2010, 12:57:05 PM3/17/10
--
Regards,
Sachin Parnami

Jean Deruelle

Mar 18, 2010, 12:39:28 PM3/18/10
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com

krzysiek

Mar 22, 2010, 8:45:55 AM3/22/10
to mobicents-public
Hi,

I'm trying to deploy the CR1, but i get the following error:
13:38:35,956 INFO [MainDeployer] Could not deploy /home/krzysiek/
media-servers/mms-standalone-2.0.0.CR1/deploy/rtp-beans.xml
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Incompletely deployed:

DEPLOYMENTS MISSING DEPENDENCIES:
Deployment "RTPFactory" is missing the following dependencies:
Dependency "G711.ulaw.encoder" (should be in state "Installed",
but is actually not found)
Dependency "G711.ulaw.decoder" (should be in state "Installed",
but is actually not found)
Dependency "G711.alaw.encoder" (should be in state "Installed",
but is actually not found)
Dependency "G711.alaw.decoder" (should be in state "Installed",
but is actually not found)
Dependency "Speex.encoder" (should be in state "Installed", but is
actually not found)
Dependency "Speex.decoder" (should be in state "Installed", but is
actually not found)
Dependency "GSM.encoder" (should be in state "Installed", but is
actually not found)
Dependency "GSM.decoder" (should be in state "Installed", but is
actually not found)
Dependency "G729.encoder" (should be in state "Installed", but is
actually not found)
Dependency "G729.decoder" (should be in state "Installed", but is
actually not found)

at
org.jboss.kernel.plugins.deployment.AbstractKernelDeployer.internalValidate(AbstractKernelDeployer.java:
278)
at
org.jboss.kernel.plugins.deployment.AbstractKernelDeployer.validate(AbstractKernelDeployer.java:
174)
at
org.mobicents.media.server.bootstrap.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:
216)
at org.mobicents.media.server.bootstrap.MainDeployer.access
$200(MainDeployer.java:60)
at org.mobicents.media.server.bootstrap.MainDeployer
$HDScanner.run(MainDeployer.java:317)
at
org.mobicents.media.server.bootstrap.MainDeployer.start(MainDeployer.java:
178)
at org.mobicents.media.server.bootstrap.Main.start(Main.java:222)
at org.mobicents.media.server.bootstrap.Main.boot(Main.java:215)
at org.mobicents.media.server.bootstrap.Main.main(Main.java:77)

Also is it possible to bind MGCP Stack to other address than the one
specified with -b parameter? I've noticed that the MGCP link is down.

Cheers,
krzysiek

On 18 Mar, 17:39, Jean Deruelle <jean.derue...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just noticed the download link was not correct

> This one should be usedhttp://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/mobicents/Mobicents%20Media%...

> On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 5:57 PM, Sachin Parnami <sachin.mob...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > Congrats
>

> > On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 4:53 PM, Eduardo Martins <emmart...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >> Great work. Congrats!
>
> >> -- Eduardo
>
> >> -:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
> >>http://emmartins.blogspot.com
> >>http://www.redhat.com/solutions/telco

> >> Details
>

> >>http://code.google.com/p/mobicents/issues/list?can=1&q=label%3AMilest...

> >> However

> >> release.

> >> look

> >>http://www.mobicents.org/mms/user_guides/media_server/2.0.0.BETA2/htm...

> >> for

> >>https://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/media/2.x.y/core/mm...

> >>http://code.google.com/p/mobicents/source/browse/#svn/tags/servers/me...

Oleg Kulikov

Mar 22, 2010, 9:37:05 AM3/22/10
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Is this error happens when you are trying to start it as standalone?

2010/3/22 krzysiek <kmiodu...@gmail.com>
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to mobicents-public+unsubscribegooglegroups.com or reply to this email with the words "REMOVE ME" as the subject.

Amit Bhayani

Mar 22, 2010, 10:04:47 AM3/22/10
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Most probably this error is due to server-standalone/target/mms-standalone-pojo/deploy/comp-beans.xml not deplyed, can you make sure that comp-beans.xml is deployed properly?

Its possible to bind MGCP STack to different IP. Open mms-standalone-pojo/deploy/controllers/mgcp/mgcp-conf.xml and change following line
        <property name="bindAddress">${mms.bind.address}</property>
        <property name="bindAddress">a.b.c.d</property>

where a.b.c.d is your IP

krzysiek

Mar 23, 2010, 8:14:21 AM3/23/10
to mobicents-public
I'm starting it as a standalone. Maybe i should've provided more logs.
In the next line after the error i get:
13:07:48,056 INFO [MainDeployer] Deploying /home/krzysiek/media-
servers/mms-standalone-2.0.0.CR1/deploy/comp-beans.xml
13:07:48,195 INFO [MainDeployer] Deployed /home/krzysiek/media-
servers/mms-standalone-2.0.0.CR1/deploy/comp-beans.xml

So it seems that comp-beans.xml was deployed properly. (By the way how
can I deploy it myself? I just run the run.sh script to start mms).
Maybe the deployment order is wrong. Shouldn't comp-beans.xml be
deployed before rtp-beans.xml? (the encoder beans which are injected
in rtp-beans.xml are defined in comp-beans.xml)

Cheers,
krzysiek

On 22 Mar, 15:04, Amit Bhayani <amit.bhay...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Most probably this error is due to
> server-standalone/target/mms-standalone-pojo/deploy/comp-beans.xml not
> deplyed, can you make sure that comp-beans.xml is deployed properly?
>
> Its possible to bind MGCP STack to different IP. Open
> mms-standalone-pojo/deploy/controllers/mgcp/mgcp-conf.xml and change
> following line
>         <property name="bindAddress">${mms.bind.address}</property>
>         <property name="bindAddress">a.b.c.d</property>
>
> where a.b.c.d is your IP

Oleg Kulikov

Mar 23, 2010, 8:18:00 AM3/23/10
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Yes, comp-beans should be deployed before rtp. The deployement order based on alphabet names. May be folder has another sort order?

2010/3/23 krzysiek <kmiodu...@gmail.com>
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to mobicents-public+unsubscribegooglegroups.com or reply to this email with the words "REMOVE ME" as the subject.

Amit Bhayani

Mar 23, 2010, 8:21:32 AM3/23/10
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Please attach complete server.log file.

To unsubscribe from this group, send email to mobicents-public+unsubscribegooglegroups.com or reply to this email with the words "REMOVE ME" as the subject.

krzysiek

Mar 23, 2010, 8:29:32 AM3/23/10
to mobicents-public
Strange, it's just a regular folder which i unziped from the
downloaded package. I created a rtp folder in controllers folder and
moved the rtp-beans.xml there. MMS started without the previous error.
Thanks for the help!

Cheers,
krzysiek

On 23 Mar, 13:18, Oleg Kulikov <oleg.kulik...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, comp-beans should be deployed before rtp. The deployement order based
> on alphabet names. May be folder has another sort order?

krzysiek

Mar 23, 2010, 10:44:17 AM3/23/10
to mobicents-public
Should I use specific mscontrol.jar and jsr309 for this version of
mms? I cannot run the Play and Record sample which worked fine with
mms b3. I get the following error during processing of the sdp offer:

15:41:50,508 INFO [MainDeployer] [[[[[[[[[ Mobicents Media Server:
release.version=2.0.0.CR1 Started ]]]]]]]]]
Connection index=0
15:45:05,185 ERROR [CreateConnectionAction]
java.lang.NullPointerException
at
org.mobicents.media.server.RtpConnectionImpl.subset(RtpConnectionImpl.java:
451)
at
org.mobicents.media.server.RtpConnectionImpl.setRemoteDescriptor(RtpConnectionImpl.java:
338)
at
org.mobicents.media.server.ctrl.mgcp.CreateConnectionAction.createRtpConnection(CreateConnectionAction.java:
137)
at
org.mobicents.media.server.ctrl.mgcp.CreateConnectionAction.call(CreateConnectionAction.java:
357)
at
org.mobicents.media.server.ctrl.mgcp.CreateConnectionAction.call(CreateConnectionAction.java:
50)
at
org.mobicents.media.server.ctrl.mgcp.MgcpController.processMgcpCommandEvent(MgcpController.java:
228)
at
org.mobicents.protocols.mgcp.stack.JainMgcpStackProviderImpl.processMgcpCommandEvent(JainMgcpStackProviderImpl.java:
246)
at
org.mobicents.protocols.mgcp.stack.TransactionHandler.receiveRequest(TransactionHandler.java:
599)
at
org.mobicents.protocols.mgcp.stack.MessageHandler.scheduleMessages(MessageHandler.java:
196)
at
org.mobicents.protocols.mgcp.stack.JainMgcpStackImpl.run(JainMgcpStackImpl.java:
327)
15:45:05,190 INFO [CreateConnectionAction] Response TX = 186302468,
Response: 527 Missing RemoteConnectionDescriptor.

Also i was wondering if i could somehow disable the G729 usage. I've
removed it (commented) from RtpFactory but still it is present in SDP
offer generated by the media server.

Cheers,
krzysiek

Oleg Kulikov

Mar 24, 2010, 12:27:24 AM3/24/10
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Yes, you need to write custom AVProfile.

2010/3/23 krzysiek <kmiodu...@gmail.com>
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to mobicents-public+unsubscribegooglegroups.com or reply to this email with the words "REMOVE ME" as the subject.

krzysiek

Mar 24, 2010, 4:51:47 AM3/24/10
to mobicents-public
How can write it, is there some tutorial? I've checked the user guide
and there's nothing about AVProfiles. What about the above error?
Maybe there were some changes in handling events?

On 24 Mar, 05:27, Oleg Kulikov <oleg.kulik...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, you need to write custom AVProfile.
>

> 2010/3/23 krzysiek <kmioduszew...@gmail.com>

> więcej »

Oleg Kulikov

Mar 24, 2010, 8:50:18 AM3/24/10
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
User guide is now under work so it does not contains all configurations details. To write custom profile you need to create bean using AVProfile class. like

<bean name="MyAVprofile"
class="org.mobicents.media.server.impl.rtp.sdp.AVProfile">
<property name="profile"><map class="java.util.Hashtable" keyClass="java.lang.Integer"
valueClass="org.mobicents.media.Fromat">
<entry>
<key>8</key>
<value>
<inject bean="alaw" />
</value>
</entry>
</map></property>
</bean>

"alaw" bean declares format for pcma, etc, which should be defined also

then inject AVProfile bean as property to RTPFactory.

RTPFactory will use only those formats, that was declared in your AVprofile.

Mariusz Rutkowski

Mar 24, 2010, 4:56:04 PM3/24/10
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Do we know what causes this NPE ? I've similar problem...

Best Regards,
Mariusz

2010/3/23 krzysiek <kmiodu...@gmail.com>
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to mobicents-public+unsubscribegooglegroups.com or reply to this email with the words "REMOVE ME" as the subject.

R.Domingo

Apr 14, 2010, 4:40:52 AM4/14/10
to mobicents-public
I had same problem (also incorrect sequence of deployment)
In addition to moving deploy/rtp-beans.xml to deploy/controllers/rtp/
rtp-beans.xml
I also needed to delay deployment of deploy/endpoints
I renamed deploy/endpoints to deploy/zendpoints

This solved my boot problems.