Media Server and Android Handset Compatibilty Help

Buffa

Apr 6, 2011, 10:26:24 AM4/6/11
to mobicents-public
Hi, I am pretty new to mobicents but I have spent the last few days
trying to get to grips with it. I wish to use the media server to
stream video and audio to an android handset. As Android needs RTSP to
handle RTP I have downloaded the mms-standalone-2.0.0.BETA3 binary. I
can quite successfully get it to stream to VLC player but when I make
the request from an RTSP Android client application it causes an
exception. I also downloaded mms-standalone-2.0.0.CR1 which doesn’t
seem to stream to anything but when I make the request from the
Android handset the output is very clear that the server known’s it is
communicating with HTC phone. I know the 3gp and mp4 files can play on
the phone as I have tested them locally with the same player. My First
question is has anybody got a version of Mobicents Media Server to
stream to an android phone and if so please can you point me in its
direction so I can give it a test. Secondly can some please elaborate
on the difference between mms-standalone-2.0.0.BETA3 and mms-
standalone-2.0.0.CR1 as the latter does not come with any readme file
stating the updated features. I am really interested in this project
and media streaming and just want to gain a good understanding of its
workings. Thanks in advance.

Yohann Martineau

Apr 6, 2011, 11:02:23 AM4/6/11
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
hi,

did you try with darwin streaming server and mpeg4ip to hint your files ?

Buffa

Apr 6, 2011, 11:15:45 AM4/6/11
to mobicents-public
No, sorry I haven't. Like I say I new to all this. I am downloading
both of these tools now. What will hinting do? I have tried to read up
on it and only understand that it hints tracks at server side and is
not something that is sent out by the server. Thanks for the reply
Yohann.

On Apr 6, 4:02 pm, Yohann Martineau <yohann.martin...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> hi,
>
> did you try with darwin streaming server and mpeg4ip to hint your files ?

Yohann Martineau

Apr 6, 2011, 11:38:48 AM4/6/11
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
If I remember correctly, hinting is useful to seek videos and for fast forward and fast rewind. Actually it stores the association between timestamps and frames so that when you want to reach frame at 1:00, you don't have to decode all frames from the beginning.

Amit Bhayani

Apr 6, 2011, 11:39:26 AM4/6/11
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com, Buffa
Hi,

Unfortunately 2.0.0.Beta3 is the only version which has RTSP.
You will have to wait for sometime till its brought back in MMS.

Buffa

Apr 6, 2011, 11:52:41 AM4/6/11
to mobicents-public
Ok, I was kind of expecting that as I think I had read it somewhere
else. Are there all the components in the 2.0.0.Beta3 to base a very
simple streaming server that streams .mp4 vidoes files to an RTSP
client (such as one in Android)? If so, can I post the error message
up that I get when I request the stream in android so that you can
guide me on what is going wrong and whether I can fix it. Also I have
found the source code for that perticular build and even though I can
browse it online I cannot get hold of the entire project. Is that
available online somewhere as it would help in the development.

On Apr 6, 4:39 pm, Amit Bhayani <amit.bhay...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Unfortunately 2.0.0.Beta3 is the only version which has RTSP.
> You will have to wait for sometime till its brought back in MMS.

Amit Bhayani

Apr 6, 2011, 11:56:43 AM4/6/11
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com, Buffa
yes it should work for simple streaming. Show us what error you are getting?

You can find all information about 2.0.0.Beta3 release from here http://mobicents-media-server.blogspot.com/2010/01/mobicents-media-server-mms-v200beta3.html

Buffa

Apr 6, 2011, 12:50:26 PM4/6/11
to mobicents-public
Hi, After the server is up and running and awaiting a connection and
this command: rtsp://192.168.0.101/sample_50kbit.3gp is issued the
following errors are shown in the console: (Please explain what this
means as VLC does not have the same issue, thanks)

17:46:01,166 INFO [MainDeployer] Deployed file:/C:/Documents%20and
%20Settings/B
uffa/Desktop/New%20RTSP%20Mobicent/deploy/rtsp-beans.xml
17:46:01,176 INFO [MainDeployer] Deploying file:/C:/Documents%20and
%20Settings/
Buffa/Desktop/New%20RTSP%20Mobicent/deploy/rtsp-conf.xml
17:46:01,306 INFO [RtspController] Starting RTSP Controller module
for MMS
17:46:01,657 INFO [RtspServerStackImpl] Mobicents RTSP Server started
and bound
to /192.168.0.101:554
17:46:01,667 INFO [RtspController] Started RTSP Controller module for
MMS. Boun
d at IP 192.168.0.101 at port 554
17:46:01,677 INFO [MainDeployer] Deployed file:/C:/Documents%20and
%20Settings/B
uffa/Desktop/New%20RTSP%20Mobicent/deploy/rtsp-conf.xml
17:46:01,697 INFO [MainDeployer] [[[[[[[[[ Mobicents Media Server:
release.vers
ion=2.0.0.BETA3 Started ]]]]]]]]]
java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range:
-1
at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1937)
at
org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.http.HttpMessageDecoder.splitHeader(Htt
pMessageDecoder.java:600)
at
org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.http.HttpMessageDecoder.readHeaders(Htt
pMessageDecoder.java:427)
at
org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.http.HttpMessageDecoder.decode(HttpMess
ageDecoder.java:180)
at
org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.http.HttpMessageDecoder.decode(HttpMess
ageDecoder.java:85)
at
org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.replay.ReplayingDecoder.callDecode(Repl
ayingDecoder.java:461)
at
org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.replay.ReplayingDecoder.messageReceived
(ReplayingDecoder.java:434)
at
org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.fireMessageReceived(Channels.java:34
2)
at
org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.fireMessageReceived(Channels.java:32
9)
at
org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.read(NioWorker.java:330)

at
org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.processSelectedKeys(NioW
orker.java:282)
at
org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.run(NioWorker.java:203)
at
org.jboss.netty.util.internal.IoWorkerRunnable.run(IoWorkerRunnable.j
ava:53)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor
$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExec
utor.java:886)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor
$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor
.java:908)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
17:46:13,334 INFO [RtspController] Receive request DESCRIBE rtsp://192.168.0.10
1/sample_50kit.3gp RTSP/1.0
17:46:13,594 INFO [RtspController] Sending Response RTSP/1.0 404 Not
Found For
Request DESCRIBE rtsp://192.168.0.101/sample_50kit.3gp RTSP/1.0
java.nio.channels.ClosedChannelException
at
org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.cleanUpWriteBuffer(NioWo
rker.java:624)
at
org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.write(NioWorker.java:353
)
at
org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioServerSocketPipelineSink.handle
AcceptedSocket(NioServerSocketPipelineSink.java:144)
at
org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioServerSocketPipelineSink.eventS
unk(NioServerSocketPipelineSink.java:83)
at org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.write(Channels.java:889)
at
org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.oneone.OneToOneEncoder.handleDownstream
(OneToOneEncoder.java:76)
at org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.write(Channels.java:869)
at org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.write(Channels.java:818)
at
org.jboss.netty.channel.AbstractChannel.write(AbstractChannel.java:23
6)
at
org.mobicents.media.server.ctrl.rtsp.RtspController.onRtspRequest(Rts
pController.java:137)
at
org.mobicents.rtsp.RtspServerStackImpl.processRtspRequest(RtspServerS
tackImpl.java:95)
at
org.mobicents.rtsp.RtspRequestHandler.messageReceived(RtspRequestHand
ler.java:32)
at
org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.fireMessageReceived(Channels.java:38
5)
at
org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.replay.ReplayingDecoder.unfoldAndfireMe
ssageReceived(ReplayingDecoder.java:513)
at
org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.replay.ReplayingDecoder.callDecode(Repl
ayingDecoder.java:497)
at
org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.replay.ReplayingDecoder.cleanup(Replayi
ngDecoder.java:532)
at
org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.replay.ReplayingDecoder.channelDisconne
cted(ReplayingDecoder.java:440)
at
org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.fireChannelDisconnected(Channels.jav
a:492)
at
org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.close(NioWorker.java:577
)
at
org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioServerSocketPipelineSink.handle
AcceptedSocket(NioServerSocketPipelineSink.java:126)
at
org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioServerSocketPipelineSink.eventS
unk(NioServerSocketPipelineSink.java:83)
at
org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.oneone.OneToOneEncoder.handleDownstream
(OneToOneEncoder.java:66)
at org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.close(Channels.java:1033)
at
org.jboss.netty.channel.AbstractChannel.close(AbstractChannel.java:18
5)
at
org.mobicents.rtsp.RtspRequestHandler.exceptionCaught(RtspRequestHand
ler.java:40)
at
org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.replay.ReplayingDecoder.exceptionCaught
(ReplayingDecoder.java:452)
at
org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.fireExceptionCaught(Channels.java:60
3)
at
org.jboss.netty.channel.AbstractChannelSink.exceptionCaught(AbstractC
hannelSink.java:59)

On Apr 6, 4:56 pm, Amit Bhayani <amit.bhay...@gmail.com> wrote:
> yes it should work for simple streaming. Show us what error you are getting?
>
> You can find all information about 2.0.0.Beta3 release from herehttp://mobicents-media-server.blogspot.com/2010/01/mobicents-media-se...

Buffa

Apr 6, 2011, 1:14:16 PM4/6/11
to mobicents-public
Sorry, To add to my last post. It is clear to me that some kind of
string function such as substring or some char array access causes the
first exception that probably starts a chain recation of excepts but
if you can see or know what causes such an error please tell me. Thank
you.

matasaro

Apr 6, 2011, 5:26:28 PM4/6/11
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm also new to android , but maybe we can narrow down the issue:

Which Android OS and SRTP client are you using?
Have you tried that client with other SRTP public streams, I read that
these guys do SRTP http://www.americafree.tv/ ?

Thanks,
Shay

Buffa

Apr 7, 2011, 9:26:21 AM4/7/11
to mobicents-public
Hi matasaro, Your post says SRTP which is secure real time protocol
which is something I am not interested in. I am trying to get RTSP
protocol to work. This is a conrol protocol that sits on top of the
RTP protocol to manage certain features which are usually described as
'VCR' like functions (rewind, puase etc). I have got various test
streams found on the interent to work but really I want the mobicents
media server to act as the main streamer to the android phone. I can
get it to stream to VLC but not to android. When I request the stream
the error posted above occurs and I would like someone who knows the
system to explain to me what is wrong with the command sent from the
Android RTSP client so I can modify my code to make it work. Cheers.

On Apr 6, 10:26 pm, "matasaro" <matas...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm also new to android , but maybe we can narrow down the issue:
>
> Which Android OS and SRTP client are you using?
> Have you tried that client with other SRTP public streams,  I read that
> these guys do SRTPhttp://www.americafree.tv/  ?

Olubunmi Falaki

Apr 7, 2011, 10:37:21 AM4/7/11
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com, Buffa
Hi Buffa,
it may be difficult to use MMS for your streaming i assume video,because RTSP is no longer in the MMS at the moment
except you use Netty also from redhat .

please share the streaming site that work for you.

Thanks
Bunmi

Buffa

Apr 7, 2011, 11:00:12 AM4/7/11
to mobicents-public
Hi Olubunmi, The online stream that works on my android using RTSP is
rtsp://184.72.239.149/vod/mp4:BigBuckBunny_175k.mov . This is a test
stream from the Wowza website. I am aware that MMS no longer supports
RTSP but the 2.0.0.Beta3 build does, so I am going to try to modify
this build if I can get hold of the source. If you have any other
suitable ideas for this implemetation or know of any other Netty
implemetations I can look at please let me know. Thank You.

On Apr 7, 3:37 pm, Olubunmi Falaki <olubun...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Buffa,
> it may be difficult to use MMS for your streaming i assume video,because
> RTSP is no longer in the MMS at the moment
> except you use Netty also from redhat .
>
> please share the streaming site that work for you.
>
> Thanks
> Bunmi

Olubunmi Falaki

Apr 8, 2011, 3:36:06 AM4/8/11
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com, Buffa
Hi Buffa,

you need to check this out,it may be useful for you project.

http://vladimirralev.blogspot.com/2011/03/bridging-sip-videophones-to-rtsp.html

thanks
Bunmi