Same Code Point on two Virtual Machine (IP)

mehdi

Sep 6, 2016, 12:35:11 PM9/6/16
to mobicents-public
Hello,

Is it possible on Mobicents to have on two Virtual Machine (two IP), the same Code Point => the PTS in front of the two VM will do the loadsharing algorithm.

I try to do this, when i start VM1 or VM2 regardless; i had no problem and the callflow is OK
when I start both, the second one had a stack trace

2016-09-06 17:56:49,848 ERROR [org.mobicents.protocols.ss7.m3ua.impl.ManagementMessageHandler] (Thread-23) Transition=ntfyasactive. FSM.name =aspls04_PEER old state=DOWN, current state=DOWN

org.mobicents.protocols.ss7.m3ua.impl.fsm.UnknownTransitionException: Transition=ntfyasactive. FSM.name=aspls04_PEER old state=DOWN, current state=DOWN

        at org.mobicents.protocols.ss7.m3ua.impl.fsm.FSMState.signal(FSMState.java:131)

        at org.mobicents.protocols.ss7.m3ua.impl.fsm.FSM.signal(FSM.java:153)

        at org.mobicents.protocols.ss7.m3ua.impl.ManagementMessageHandler.handleNotify(ManagementMessageHandler.java:110)

        at org.mobicents.protocols.ss7.m3ua.impl.AspFactoryImpl.read(AspFactoryImpl.java:330)

        at org.mobicents.protocols.ss7.m3ua.impl.AspFactoryImpl.onPayload(AspFactoryImpl.java:722)

        at org.mobicents.protocols.sctp.AssociationImpl.read(AssociationImpl.java:462)

        at org.mobicents.protocols.sctp.SelectorThread.read(SelectorThread.java:431)

        at org.mobicents.protocols.sctp.SelectorThread.run(SelectorThread.java:155)

        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

2016-09-06 17:56:49,849 ERROR [org.mobicents.protocols.ss7.m3ua.impl.ManagementMessageHandler] (Thread-23) Transition=ntfyasactive. FSM.name =aspls04_PEER old state=DOWN, current state=DOWN

org.mobicents.protocols.ss7.m3ua.impl.fsm.UnknownTransitionException: Transition=ntfyasactive. FSM.name=aspls04_PEER old state=DOWN, currentstate=DOWN

        at org.mobicents.protocols.ss7.m3ua.impl.fsm.FSMState.signal(FSMState.java:131)

        at org.mobicents.protocols.ss7.m3ua.impl.fsm.FSM.signal(FSM.java:153)

        at org.mobicents.protocols.ss7.m3ua.impl.ManagementMessageHandler.handleNotify(ManagementMessageHandler.java:110)

        at org.mobicents.protocols.ss7.m3ua.impl.AspFactoryImpl.read(AspFactoryImpl.java:330)

        at org.mobicents.protocols.ss7.m3ua.impl.AspFactoryImpl.onPayload(AspFactoryImpl.java:722)

        at org.mobicents.protocols.sctp.AssociationImpl.read(AssociationImpl.java:462)

        at org.mobicents.protocols.sctp.SelectorThread.read(SelectorThread.java:431)

        at org.mobicents.protocols.sctp.SelectorThread.run(SelectorThread.java:155)

        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

and the callflow on the second VM is KO

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Mehdi

mehdi

Sep 9, 2016, 5:55:17 AM9/9/16
to mobicents-public
Has someone any idea ?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards.

Fernando Mendioroz

Sep 9, 2016, 11:10:52 PM9/9/16
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com

Hi Mehdi,

Yes you can have that setup, but for making them work simultaneously in active-active mode you need a proper license on each instance.

Best regards

FM

Sergey Vetyutnev

Sep 19, 2016, 2:03:16 AM9/19/16
to mobicents-public
Hello Mehdi,

> Is it possible on Mobicents to have on two Virtual Machine (two IP), the same Code Point => the PTS in front of the two VM will do the loadsharing algorithm.
I think it is achievable if you configure a proper STP before your both SS7 stacks. That STP will loadshare traffic depending on SLS. Pay attention that your two SS7 stacks must have some different point codes and the STP must have a that point code that is "same Code Point".