Maven FATAL ERROR

francesco giacinti

Jun 28, 2011, 11:54:11 AM6/28/11
to mobicents-public
Hello everybody,

I'm having a problem compiling a 1.2.x mobicents release.
I just downloaded the source package from the SVN.
I then followed the instructions in the README file, but when I
execute "mvn install" I have the following error:

D:\workspace\1.2.7.GA>mvn install
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
Downloading: http://repository.jboss.org/maven2/org/mobicents/mobicents/1.14/mobicents-1.14.pom
[WARNING] Unable to get resource 'org.mobicents:mobicents:pom:1.14'
from repository jboss (http://repository.jboss.org/
aven2): Authorization failed: Access denied to:
http://repository.jboss.org/maven2/org/mobicents/mobicents/1.14/mobicen
s-1.14.pom
Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/mobicents/mobicents/1.14/mobicents-1.14.pom
[INFO] Unable to find resource 'org.mobicents:mobicents:pom:1.14' in
repository central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
[INFO]
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO]

Project ID: null:mobicents-jainslee-server:pom:1.2.7.GA

Reason: Cannot find parent: org.mobicents:mobicents for project:
null:mobicents-jainslee-server:pom:1.2.7.GA for projec
null:mobicents-jainslee-server:pom:1.2.7.GA

[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.reactor.MavenExecutionException: Cannot find parent:
org.mobicents:mobicents for project: null:mobicen
s-jainslee-server:pom:1.2.7.GA for project null:mobicents-jainslee-
server:pom:1.2.7.GA
at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.getProjects(DefaultMaven.java:
404)
at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:
272)
at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:
138)
at
org.apache.maven.cli.compat.CompatibleMain.main(CompatibleMain.java:
60)
at
39)
at
25)
at
at
Caused by: org.apache.maven.project.ProjectBuildingException: Cannot
find parent: org.mobicents:mobicents for project:
ull:mobicents-jainslee-server:pom:1.2.7.GA for project null:mobicents-
jainslee-server:pom:1.2.7.GA
at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.assembleLineage(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:
1396)
at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.buildInternal(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:
823)
at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.buildFromSourceFileInternal(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.j
va:508)
at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.build(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:
200)
at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.getProject(DefaultMaven.java:
604)
at
org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.collectProjects(DefaultMaven.java:487)
at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.getProjects(DefaultMaven.java:
391)
... 12 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.project.ProjectBuildingException: POM
'org.mobicents:mobicents' not found in repository: Un
ble to download the artifact from any repository

org.mobicents:mobicents:pom:1.14

from the specified remote repositories:
jboss (http://repository.jboss.org/maven2),
jboss-snapshots (http://snapshots.jboss.org/maven2)

for project org.mobicents:mobicents
at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.findModelFromRepository(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:
05)
at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.assembleLineage(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:
1392)
... 18 more
Caused by:
org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.ArtifactNotFoundException: Unable
to download the artifact from any repos
tory

org.mobicents:mobicents:pom:1.14

from the specified remote repositories:
jboss (http://repository.jboss.org/maven2),
jboss-snapshots (http://snapshots.jboss.org/maven2)

at
org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:
228)
at
org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:
90)
at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.findModelFromRepository(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:
58)
... 19 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.wagon.ResourceDoesNotExistException:
Unable to download the artifact from any repository
at
org.apache.maven.artifact.manager.DefaultWagonManager.getArtifact(DefaultWagonManager.java:
404)
at
org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:
216)
... 21 more
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 2 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Tue Jun 28 17:14:48 CEST 2011
[INFO] Final Memory: 1M/15M
[INFO]
D:\workspace\1.2.7.GA>

I have set all needed environment variables.
It's not the first time I use mobicents but it never gave me such
error before.
Can you help me please?

Alexandre Mendonça

Jun 28, 2011, 10:30:11 PM6/28/11
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Hi Francesco,

Do you really need to build such an old source? That's almost 2 years old...

If you do, you will need to update the references to jboss repository in the pom.xml files as, in the meantime, that repository has been disabled, and the new one is located at http://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/groups/public/ instead of http://repository.jboss.org/maven2/.

But please consider using the latest JAIN SLEE!

--
Alexandre Mendonça // JBoss R&D
http://ammendonca.blogspot.com/

Francesco Giacinti

Jun 29, 2011, 2:07:41 PM6/29/11
to mobicents-public
Hi Alexandre,
thanks for the fast reply.

I have considered the use of the latest Mobicents JSLEE 2.x but I
need the old version to compare the performance of some services.
Also I know of companies that use the 1.2.x in a production
environment. Are you not supporting it anymore?

Why don't you release a source code that compiles, or delete the
source version completely?

Are there other things that I should know about compiling the old
Mobicents JSLEE 1.2.x?

Regards,
Francesco Giacinti

On 29 Giu, 04:30, Alexandre Mendonça <brains...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Francesco,
>
> Do you really need to build such an old source? That's almost 2 years old...
>
> If you do, you will need to update the references to jboss repository in the
> pom.xml files as, in the meantime, that repository has been disabled, and
> the new one is located athttp://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/groups/public/instead ofhttp://repository.jboss.org/maven2/.
>
> But please consider using the latest JAIN SLEE!
>
> --
> *Alexandre Mendonça* // JBoss R&Dhttp://ammendonca.blogspot.com/
>
> On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 16:54, francesco giacinti <
>

> francesco.giaci...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello everybody,
>
> > I'm having a problem compiling a 1.2.x mobicents release.
> > I just downloaded the source package from the SVN.
> > I then followed the instructions in the README file, but when I
> > execute "mvn install" I have the following error:
>
> > D:\workspace\1.2.7.GA>mvn install
> > [INFO] Scanning for projects...
> > Downloading:
> >http://repository.jboss.org/maven2/org/mobicents/mobicents/1.14/mobic...
> > [WARNING] Unable to get resource 'org.mobicents:mobicents:pom:1.14'
> > from repository jboss (http://repository.jboss.org/
> > aven2): Authorization failed: Access denied to:
> >http://repository.jboss.org/maven2/org/mobicents/mobicents/1.14/mobicen
> > s-1.14.pom
> > Downloading:
> >http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/mobicents/mobicents/1.14/mobicents-...

Alexandre Mendonça

Jun 29, 2011, 3:16:08 PM6/29/11
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Hi Francesco,

Please see inline.

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 19:07, Francesco Giacinti <francesco...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Alexandre,
thanks for the fast reply.

I have considered the use of the latest Mobicents JSLEE 2.x but  I
need the old version to compare the performance of some services.
Also I know of companies that use the 1.2.x in a production
environment. Are you not supporting it anymore?

It's good to hear that more companies have adopted Mobicents in their production environments, but Mobicents does not provide any kind of support/SLA, as it is a community project.
There's JBoss Communication Platform (JBCP) which is the product which will offer a stable, reliable and supported product.

Why don't you release a source code that compiles, or delete the
source version completely?

The source should compile, what happened is that the maven repository has changed and so some of the needed artifacts by maven cannot be retrieved.

Are there other things that I should know about compiling the old
Mobicents JSLEE 1.2.x?

Honestly, I'm not sure, as I haven't compiled it for a while.