GMLC Development and Build

Andrew Eross

Jan 22, 2015, 5:41:08 AM1/22/15
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys!

Is there a guide or instructions anywhere for how to build the GMLC?

Several questions on that:

1) Is there a recommended JDK/IDE/development environment? e.g. I'd like to use IDEA, but I'm not clear on if I can. I see there's some mention of an Eclipse plug-in and recommended setup here:
https://developer.jboss.org/wiki/MobicentsJAINSLEEDevelopmentEnvironmentSetup?_sscc=t

Is that relevant?

2) What external libraries are required? Upon just loading up the GMLC project in IDEA, there's a bunch of unresolved dependencies, so just hoping to get a starting point of everything else I need.

Thank you!
Andrew

Vilius Panevėžys

Jan 22, 2015, 11:09:34 AM1/22/15
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Hello Andrew and welcome!

On Thu, 22 Jan 2015 02:41:08 -0800 (PST)
Andrew Eross <er...@locatrix.com> wrote:

> Is there a guide or instructions anywhere for how to build the GMLC?

Shouldn't be much different from any other Maven-based project.

> 1) Is there a recommended JDK/IDE/development environment? e.g. I'd
> like to use IDEA, but I'm not clear on if I can. I see there's some
> mention of an Eclipse plug-in and recommended setup here:
> https://developer.jboss.org/wiki/MobicentsJAINSLEEDevelopmentEnvironmentSetup?_sscc=t
>
> Is that relevant?

It is relevant as the project includes some SLEE components, but I
wouldn't say it's necessary. EclipSLEE is helpful for the initial setup
of a SLEE project, there's little use for it after that.

> 2) What external libraries are required? Upon just loading up the
> GMLC project in IDEA, there's a bunch of unresolved dependencies, so
> just hoping to get a starting point of everything else I need.

I would expect for the internal dependencies (for example, snapshots of
other projects not available from a public repo, which you would have to
build and install in the local repo) to be the problem, not the external
ones. External libraries should be easily downloadable from a Maven
repository. I would guess any obstacles you hit with building the
project is not because it has exotic dependencies or a sophisticated
build process, but because of collecting dust and rust for a couple of
years [1] and the fact that it never was mature.

Even if you manage to build it, don't expect anything to work
automagically, if at all. I haven't inspected it in detail, but from a
quick glance it looks like... well, like a project that's had a single
commit. It was a decent first commit, albeit the only.

That's not to say you should rm -rf your clone right away. It might
be useful as a project stub, especially if you're new to SLEE.

[1] https://github.com/Mobicents/gmlc/commits/master

--
Vilius Panevėžys
Elitnet

Andrew Eross

Jan 22, 2015, 4:01:25 PM1/22/15
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vilius,

Thank you!

I realize now, of course, most of my concerns were resolved simply by running Maven and letting it download the dependencies.

I'm more of a PHP developer in recent years, so my modern Java development knowledge is a tad rusty.

However, I do have some experience developing with production GMLCs, so we're hoping to make some useful contributions to the project (e.g. a basic MLP implementation).

After downloading a number of deps, I do immediately hit this error, would you have any clues?

Thank you again,
Andrew

[INFO] Error stacktraces are turned on.
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[ERROR] The build could not read 1 project -> [Help 1]
org.apache.maven.project.ProjectBuildingException: Some problems were encountere
d while processing the POMs:
[FATAL] Non-resolvable parent POM: Could not find artifact org.mobicents.gmlc:co
re:pom:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT and 'parent.relativePath' points at wrong local POM @ line
 5, column 10
[WARNING] The expression ${parent.version} is deprecated. Please use ${project.p
arent.version} instead. @
[WARNING] The expression ${pom.groupId} is deprecated. Please use ${project.grou
pId} instead. @
[WARNING] The expression ${pom.version} is deprecated. Please use ${project.vers
ion} instead. @
[...]

        at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultProjectBuilder.build(DefaultProjectBu
ilder.java:416)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.collectProjects(DefaultMaven.java:672)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.getProjectsForMavenReactor(DefaultMaven
.java:663)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:253)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:155)
java:57)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces
sorImpl.java:43)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Laun
cher.java:289)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.jav
a:229)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(La
uncher.java:415)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:
356)
[ERROR]
[ERROR]   The project org.mobicents.gmlc:gmlc-cli:[unknown-version] (C:\aec\drop
box\git\gmlc\core\oam\cli\pom.xml) has 1 error
[ERROR]     Non-resolvable parent POM: Could not find artifact org.mobicents.gml
c:core:pom:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT and 'parent.relativePath' points at wrong local POM @
line 5, column 10 -> [Help 2]
org.apache.maven.model.resolution.UnresolvableModelException: Could not find art
ifact org.mobicents.gmlc:core:pom:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT
        at org.apache.maven.project.ProjectModelResolver.resolveModel(ProjectMod
elResolver.java:195)
        at org.apache.maven.project.ProjectModelResolver.resolveModel(ProjectMod
elResolver.java:244)
        at org.apache.maven.model.building.DefaultModelBuilder.readParentExterna
lly(DefaultModelBuilder.java:899)
        at org.apache.maven.model.building.DefaultModelBuilder.readParent(Defaul
tModelBuilder.java:751)
        at org.apache.maven.model.building.DefaultModelBuilder.build(DefaultMode
lBuilder.java:309)
        at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultProjectBuilder.build(DefaultProjectBu
ilder.java:463)
        at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultProjectBuilder.build(DefaultProjectBu
ilder.java:432)
        at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultProjectBuilder.build(DefaultProjectBu
ilder.java:549)
        at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultProjectBuilder.build(DefaultProjectBu
ilder.java:432)
        at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultProjectBuilder.build(DefaultProjectBu
ilder.java:549)
        at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultProjectBuilder.build(DefaultProjectBu
ilder.java:432)
        at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultProjectBuilder.build(DefaultProjectBu
ilder.java:396)
[...]
Caused by: org.eclipse.aether.resolution.ArtifactResolutionException: Could not
find artifact org.mobicents.gmlc:core:pom:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT
        at org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(Defa
ultArtifactResolver.java:444)
        at org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveArtif
acts(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:246)
        at org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveArtif
act(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:223)
        at org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultRepositorySystem.resolveArtif
act(DefaultRepositorySystem.java:294)
        at org.apache.maven.project.ProjectModelResolver.resolveModel(ProjectMod
elResolver.java:191)
        ... 26 more
Caused by: org.eclipse.aether.transfer.ArtifactNotFoundException: Could not find
 artifact org.mobicents.gmlc:core:pom:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT
        at org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(Defa
ultArtifactResolver.java:434)
        ... 30 more

Andrew Eross
CTO
Locatrix Communications
Office: +61 7 3123 1469
Mobile: +55 37 9858 9815
er...@locatrix.com

Jean Deruelle

Jan 22, 2015, 4:20:01 PM1/22/15
to mobicents-public
There was some issues on the pom files from maven. I made a quick fix, can you update your working copy from github (git pull --rebase origin master) and retry ?

Jean

Andrew Eross

Jan 22, 2015, 4:35:48 PM1/22/15
to mobicents-public
Hi Jean,

Thanks for the quick reply!

Sorry, could you double-check if you pushed those changes?

I pulled again, but the remote is reporting up-to-date.

Cheers,
Andrew

Andrew Eross
CTO
Locatrix Communications
Office: +61 7 3123 1469
Mobile: +55 37 9858 9815
er...@locatrix.com

Amit Bhayani

Jan 23, 2015, 7:22:33 AM1/23/15
to mobicents-public
Hi Andrew,

As Vilius suggested please build the mobicents jss7 project locally first.

I see that jSS7 is at version 2.1.0-FINAL https://code.google.com/p/jss7/source/browse/pom.xml

This is mistake, it should be 2.2.0-SNAPSHOT. I will make this changes and commit asap.

Also we have to change the versions in GMLC pom.xml to use latest jSS7 https://code.google.com/p/gmlc/source/browse/pom.xml

Amit.

Jean Deruelle

Jan 23, 2015, 10:48:48 AM1/23/15
to mobicents-public
Andrew this is because I pushed to github I believe https://github.com/Mobicents/gmlc/commits/master

Jean

Andrew Eross

Feb 4, 2015, 11:11:52 PM2/4/15
to mobicents-public
Hi guys,

I'm just back from vacation and getting back into this project again.

I've successfully locally built a copy of the GMLC with maven.

The net result is the creation of a JAR like "gmlc-services-du-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar".

Now, of course, I'd like to give a shot at running it to see what happens.

My understanding is that it should be deployed and run with JBoss, e.g. place the jar file in the "deployments" folder, start up the application server, and, well, go.

This doesn't work right off, so I assume I'm probably missing something in the big picture of how to proceed, would anyone be able to give me a pointer?

14:02:56,637 INFO  [org.jboss.osgi.framework.internal.BundleManager] (MSC service thread 1-1) Install bundle: org.mobicents.gmlc.services-du:1.0.0.SNAPSHOT
14:02:56,753 ERROR [org.jboss.osgi.framework.internal.FrameworkEventsPlugin] (MSC service thread 1-3) Framework ERROR: org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Cannot resolve bundle resModule: [org.mobicents.gmlc.services-du:1.0.0.SNAPSHOT]
        at org.jboss.osgi.framework.internal.ResolverPlugin.resolve(ResolverPlug
in.java:157) [jbosgi-framework-core-1.1.8.Final.jar:1.1.8.Final]

Thanks!
Andrew

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 3:05 AM, Andrew Eross <er...@locatrix.com> wrote:
Hi Jean,

Thanks for the quick reply!

Sorry, could you double-check if you pushed those changes?

I pulled again, but the remote is reporting up-to-date.

Cheers,
Andrew
Jean

huu nhan Tran

Feb 5, 2015, 3:46:53 AM2/5/15
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Hello Andrew,
Can you please give your setup information?
My experience is install GMLC is very simple.

first you download Jainslee server (it's jboss): mobicents-jainslee-2.7.0.FINAL-jboss-5.1.0.GA.zip extract it.
then set JBOSS_HOME point to JBOSS directory.
then copy http servlet ra and ra map du to deploy folder
then install GMLC (mvn clean install), you will have gmlc jar file and a mobicent-gmlc dicrectory.
the goto bin folder, execute run.sh and enjoy

Vào 11:11:52 UTC+7 Thứ Năm, ngày 05 tháng 2 năm 2015, Andrew Eross đã viết:

Jean Deruelle

Feb 5, 2015, 7:18:03 AM2/5/15
to mobicents-public
Thanks. I copied the steps at https://github.com/Mobicents/gmlc/wiki/BuildAndRunGMLC, want to contribute little bit more detailed step by step to the wiki ?

Jean

huu nhan Tran

Feb 5, 2015, 12:55:54 PM2/5/15
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jean,
Yes I do have details installation document but I need approval to public. When I have this permission, I will upload it :)

Vào 19:18:03 UTC+7 Thứ Năm, ngày 05 tháng 2 năm 2015, Jean Deruelle đã viết:

Andrew Eross

Feb 8, 2015, 8:47:43 PM2/8/15
to mobicents-public
Hi guys,

With help from the instructions from Huu, I've made a fair amount of progress here.

I seem to be getting stuck now on some sort of module inter-dependency issue.

When I try to install/run the GMLC, I end up getting an error like this from the "map" component:

DEPLOYMENTS MISSING DEPENDENCIES:
  Deployment "vfszip:/home/eross/mobicents/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/deploy/mobicents-slee-ra-map-du-1.0.0.FINAL.jar/" is missing the following dependencies:
    Dependency "SS7Service" (should be in state "Real", but is actually in state "** NOT FOUND Depends on 'SS7Service' **")

DEPLOYMENTS IN ERROR:
  Deployment "SS7Service" is in error due to the following reason(s): ** NOT FOUND Depends on 'SS7Service' **

So I've tried to resolve that by installing mobicents-ss7 as well, e.g.

cd /home/eross/mobicents/extra/mobicents-ss7/ss7
ant deploy

However, when I try that, I get a whole pile of "component already registered" errors, like this:

10:49:56,733 WARN  [AbstractDeploymentContext] (main) Unable to register deployment mbean SccpExecutor
javax.management.InstanceAlreadyExistsException: jboss.deployment:id="SccpExecutor",type=Component already registered.

11:43:15,935 WARN  [AbstractDeploymentContext] (HDScanner) Unable to register deployment mbean ShellExecutor
javax.management.InstanceAlreadyExistsException: jboss.deployment:id="ShellExecutor",type=Component already registered.

Can you guys give me any pointers?

I've attached my full install instructions as well, which I'm hoping to get to the point that they'll work for anyone on a clean Ubuntu 14.04 system.

Cheers,
Andrew
gmlc-ubuntu.txt

huu nhan Tran

Feb 9, 2015, 1:16:01 AM2/9/15
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
mobicent-ss7 and mobicent-gmlc cant work in the same jboss instance. If you check the lib folder in mobicent-gmlc and mobicent-ss7 you will see the same library here.
You need to delete mobicent-ss7 folder

Vào 17:41:08 UTC+7 Thứ Năm, ngày 22 tháng 1 năm 2015, Andrew Eross đã viết:

Andrew Eross

Feb 9, 2015, 3:00:19 AM2/9/15
to mobicents-public
Hi Huu,

Thanks for the response - so when I undeploy mobicents-ss7, I get stuck with a broken dependency for "map", with this error:

DEPLOYMENTS MISSING DEPENDENCIES:
  Deployment "vfszip:/home/eross/mobicents/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/deploy/mobicents-slee-ra-map-du-1.0.0.FINAL.jar/" is missing the following dependencies:
    Dependency "SS7Service" (should be in state "Real", but is actually in state "** NOT FOUND Depends on 'SS7Service' **")

DEPLOYMENTS IN ERROR:
  Deployment "SS7Service" is in error due to the following reason(s): ** NOT FOUND Depends on 'SS7Service' **

        at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.deployers.DeployersImpl.checkComplete(DeployersImpl.java:993)
        at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.deployers.DeployersImpl.checkComplete(DeployersImpl.java:939)
        at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.main.MainDeployerImpl.checkComplete(MainDeployerImpl.java:873)
        at org.jboss.system.server.profileservice.repository.MainDeployerAdapter.checkComplete(MainDeployerAdapter.java:128)
        at org.jboss.system.server.profileservice.hotdeploy.HDScanner.scan(HDScanner.java:369)
        at org.jboss.system.server.profileservice.hotdeploy.HDScanner.run(HDScanner.java:255)
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:308)
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:294)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Andrew

huu nhan Tran

Feb 9, 2015, 6:14:33 AM2/9/15
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Yes,
If you check GMLC code, you will be noticed that SS7Service mean GMLC not JSS7
\gmlc\core\bootstrap\src\main\java\org\mobicents\applications\gmlc\bootstrap\SS7Service.java

This mean your GMLC package is not deploy sucessfully so GMLC SS7Service is not load.
The easy way to debug is:
You remove gmlc-du.jar, mobicents-gmlc folder (in JBOSS folder).
Then you start jboss.
Now copy gmlc-du...jar and mobicent-gmlc to deploy. JBOSS will try to load these file. any problem will be printout.
If you attach boot.log and server.log I can help you find the root

Vào 15:00:19 UTC+7 Thứ Hai, ngày 09 tháng 2 năm 2015, Andrew Eross đã viết:

Andrew Eross

Feb 9, 2015, 6:58:10 AM2/9/15
to mobicents-public
Thanks for all the help, Huu.

I did exactly as you advised, and I do seem to be getting the following error related to the GMLC specifically.

I've also attached the full log files from the server.

21:51:49,396 INFO  [DeployableUnit] (HDScanner) Missing dependencies for gmlc-services-du-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:
 +-- EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.service.mobility.subscriberinfo.ANY_TIME_INTERROGATION_REQUEST,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
 +-- EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.DIALOG_DELIMITER,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
 +-- EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.REJECT_COMPONENT,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
 +-- EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.DIALOG_PROVIDERABORT,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
 +-- ResourceAdaptorTypeID[name=MAPResourceAdaptorType,vendor=org.mobicents,version=2.0]
 +-- EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.DIALOG_REJECT,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
 +-- EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.DIALOG_TIMEOUT,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
 +-- EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.DIALOG_CLOSE,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
 +-- LibraryID[name=library-map,vendor=library-map,version=2.0]
 +-- EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.DIALOG_NOTICE,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
 +-- EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.DIALOG_RELEASE,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
 +-- EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.ERROR_COMPONENT,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
 +-- EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.DIALOG_USERABORT,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
 +-- EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.service.mobility.subscriberinfo.ANY_TIME_INTERROGATION_RESPONSE,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
 +-- EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.INVOKE_TIMEOUT,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
 +-- EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.DIALOG_ACCEPT,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
 +-- MAPRA
 +-- EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.PROVIDER_ERROR_COMPONENT,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
21:51:49,399 WARN  [DeploymentManager] (HDScanner) Unable to INSTALL gmlc-services-du-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar right now. Waiting for dependencies to be resolved.
21:52:50,945 WARN  [HDScanner] (HDScanner) Failed to process changes
org.jboss.deployers.client.spi.IncompleteDeploymentException: Summary of incomplete deployments (SEE PREVIOUS ERRORS FOR DETAILS):

[...]

logs.zip

Amit Bhayani

Feb 10, 2015, 6:58:04 AM2/10/15
to mobicents-public
Dear Huu Nhan Tran,

I have provided you committer access to https://code.google.com/p/gmlc/

Please keep us posted if you commit some thing.

Welcome on-board!

Amit.

Amit Bhayani

Feb 10, 2015, 7:00:01 AM2/10/15
to mobicents-public
Hi Andrew,

I have added you as committer to https://code.google.com/p/gmlc/

Please keep us posted if you commit some thing.

Welcome on-board!

On your problem listed below, did you deploy MAP RA?

Amit.

huu nhan Tran

Feb 10, 2015, 12:19:34 PM2/10/15
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrew,
Your log is strain,
this is my server/default/deploy directory. Please check anything missing in your system:
(I guest you miss mobicents-slee)

admin-console.war                    hdscanner-jboss-beans.xml  jmx-console.war              mobicents-gmlc                                     properties-service.xml        transaction-jboss-beans.xml
cache-invalidation-service.xml       hsqldb-ds.xml              jmx-invoker-service.xml      mobicents-slee                                     quartz-ra.rar                 transaction-service.xml
ejb2-container-jboss-beans.xml       http-invoker.sar           jmx-remoting.sar             mobicents-slee-ra-http-servlet-common.jar          remoting-jboss-beans.xml      uuid-key-generator.sar
ejb2-timer-service.xml               jboss-local-jdbc.rar       jsr88-service.xml            mobicents-slee-ra-http-servlet-DU-2.4.0.FINAL.jar  ROOT.war                      vfs-jboss-beans.xml
ejb3-connectors-jboss-beans.xml      jbossweb.sar               legacy-invokers-service.xml  mobicents-slee-ra-map-du-2.8.0-SNAPSHOT.jar        schedule-manager-service.xml  xnio-provider.jar
ejb3-container-jboss-beans.xml       jbossws.sar                mail-ra.rar                  mobicents.war                                      scheduler-service.xml
ejb3-interceptors-aop.xml            jboss-xa-jdbc.rar          mail-service.xml             monitoring-service.xml                             security
ejb3-timerservice-jboss-beans.xml    jca-jboss-beans.xml        management                   profileservice-jboss-beans.xml                     slee-management-console.war
gmlc-services-du-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar  jms-ra.rar                 messaging                    profileservice-secured.jar                         sqlexception-service.xml

Andrew Eross

Feb 10, 2015, 7:53:56 PM2/10/15
to mobicents-public
Hi Amit,

Would it be possible to have "angrygreenfrogs" (me) added as a contributor on the github project (I think that's where the official code moved to - is that right?). Otherwise I can fork the repo and send my changes as pull requests if you prefer.

I'll definitely keep you appraised of any commits - it'll be a little bit more until I have something useful to add, although I'm hoping my first commit will be some successful build/install instructions from this discussion =).

I definitely deployed the map RA from mobicents-jainslee-2.7.0.FINAL-jboss-5.1.0.GA.zip

e.g. before installing the GMLC via "mvn clean install":

mkdir mobicents
cd mobicents
unzip ~/mobicents-jainslee-2.7.0.FINAL-jboss-5.1.0.GA.zip

JBOSS_HOME=/home/eross/mobicents/jboss-5.1.0.GA

cd ~/mobicents/resources/http-servlet
ant deploy

cd ~/mobicents/resources/map
ant deploy

Cheers,
Andrew

Andrew Eross

Feb 10, 2015, 8:00:22 PM2/10/15
to mobicents-public
Hi Huu,

I compared our deployment directories, the only difference I can find is this one:

You have this file:
mobicents-slee-ra-map-du-2.8.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

And instead I have this one:
mobicents-slee-ra-map-du-1.0.0.FINAL.jar

Could that be it?

That 1.0.0 jar came from mobicents-jainslee-2.7.0.FINAL-jboss-5.1.0.GA.zip located here:

It was from "/resources/map" inside the zip file.

Where did you get the 2.8.0 jar?

Cheers,
Andrew

Andrew Eross
CTO
Locatrix Communications
Office: +61 7 3123 1469
Mobile: +55 37 9858 9815
er...@locatrix.com

huu nhan Tran

Feb 11, 2015, 2:06:05 AM2/11/15
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
I take it from jainslee mapra repository.
cd map
mvn clean install

Vilius Panevėžys

Feb 11, 2015, 9:56:54 AM2/11/15
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com

On Mon, 9 Feb 2015 11:47:20 +1000
Andrew Eross <er...@locatrix.com> wrote:

(from gmlc-ubuntu.txt)
> # Install Oracle Java 8

I would advise sticking to Java 7 at least till you get everything up
and running. Your current problems may not be due to the Java version,
but you're likely to run into issues with Java 8 [1].

Also, I haven't had the need for Oracle's Java for a long time.
OpenJDK is free software and easier to install and maintain.

[1] https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/mobicents-public/tey6l6aFebA

--
Vilius Panevėžys
Elitnet

Jean Deruelle

Feb 11, 2015, 3:59:06 PM2/11/15
to mobicents-public
Sent you the github contributor invite Andrew.

Jean

Andrew Eross

Feb 11, 2015, 4:06:27 PM2/11/15
to mobicents-public
Thanks, Jean! Just accepted.

Andrew Eross

Feb 11, 2015, 6:03:12 PM2/11/15
to mobicents-public
Hi Vilius,

Ah, yep, good advice, I'm not sure that's the issue either, but I've switched back to java 7 to eliminate it as a possibility.

Huu - thank you, and I'm giving that a shot right now.

Cheers,
Andrew

--
Vilius Panevėžys
Elitnet

Andrew Eross

Feb 11, 2015, 6:58:53 PM2/11/15
to mobicents-public
Hi guys,

Using the latest map RA was definitely necessary, now it's happy with JBOSS and no more errors there.

The only error message I'm now seeing is this one as below about "SLEE DUs not deployed".

I'm not totally clear if this is an actual problem?

Later on in the log messages I can see GmlcManagement starting up?

09:11:02,441 WARN  [SleeContainerDeployerImpl] (pool-17-thread-1) SLEE DUs not deployed, due to missing dependencies:
        Missing Dependencies:
                EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.DIALOG_TIMEOUT,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
                EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.DIALOG_RELEASE,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
                ResourceAdaptorTypeID[name=MAPResourceAdaptorType,vendor=org.mobicents,version=2.0]
                LibraryID[name=library-map,vendor=library-map,version=2.0]
                EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.INVOKE_TIMEOUT,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
                EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.service.mobility.subscriberinfo.ANY_TIME_INTERROGATION_RESPONSE,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
                EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.DIALOG_PROVIDERABORT,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
                EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.PROVIDER_ERROR_COMPONENT,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
                EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.DIALOG_DELIMITER,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
                MAPRA
                EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.ERROR_COMPONENT,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
                EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.service.mobility.subscriberinfo.ANY_TIME_INTERROGATION_REQUEST,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
                EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.DIALOG_ACCEPT,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
                EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.DIALOG_REJECT,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
                EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.REJECT_COMPONENT,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
                EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.DIALOG_CLOSE,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
                EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.DIALOG_USERABORT,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
                EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.DIALOG_NOTICE,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
09:11:02,448 INFO  [MobicentsCache] (main) Starting JBoss Cache...
09:11:02,508 INFO  [ComponentRegistry] (main) JBoss Cache version: JBossCache 'Cascabel' 3.1.0.GA
09:11:02,509 INFO  [MobicentsCache] (main) Mobicents Cache started, status: STARTED, Mode: LOCAL
09:11:02,551 INFO  [SleeManagementMBean] (main)  ## ## ## ## ## ## ## Mobicents JAIN SLEE 2.7.0.FINAL "RAY" started ## ## ## ## ## ## ##
09:11:03,022 INFO  [ManagementImpl] (main) SCTP configuration file path /home/eross/mobicents/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/data/SCTPManagement_sctp.xml
09:11:03,074 INFO  [ManagementImpl] (main) Started SCTP Management=SCTPManagement WorkerThreads=0 SingleThread=true
09:11:03,074 INFO  [SelectorThread] (Thread-19) SelectorThread for Management=SCTPManagement started.
09:11:03,308 INFO  [M3UAManagementImpl] (main) M3UA configuration file path /home/eross/mobicents/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/data/Mtp3UserPart_m3ua.xml
09:11:03,321 INFO  [M3UAManagementImpl] (main) Started M3UAManagement
09:11:03,364 INFO  [Scheduler] (main) Starting
09:11:03,369 INFO  [Scheduler] (main) Started
09:11:03,497 INFO  [SccpStackImpl-SccpStack] (main) Starting ...
09:11:03,557 INFO  [RouterImpl] (main) SCCP Router configuration file path /home/eross/mobicents/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/data/SccpStack_sccprouter.xml
09:11:03,560 INFO  [RouterImpl] (main) Started SCCP Router
09:11:03,574 INFO  [SccpResourceImpl] (main) SCCP Resource configuration file path /home/eross/mobicents/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/data/SccpStack_sccpresource.xml
09:11:03,575 INFO  [SccpResourceImpl] (main) Started Sccp Resource
09:11:03,576 INFO  [SccpStackImpl-SccpStack] (main) Starting routing engine...
09:11:03,576 INFO  [SccpStackImpl-SccpStack] (main) Starting management ...
09:11:03,577 INFO  [SccpStackImpl-SccpStack] (main) Starting MSU handler...
09:11:04,415 INFO  [TCAPStackImpl] (main) Starting ...org.mobicents.protocols.ss7.tcap.TCAPProviderImpl@19113e04
09:11:04,415 INFO  [TCAPProviderImpl] (main) Starting TCAP Provider
09:11:04,418 INFO  [TCAPProviderImpl] (main) Registered SCCP listener with address 8
09:11:04,893 INFO  [SS7Service] (main)  [[[[[[[[[ Mobicents GMLC 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT service started ]]]]]]]]]
09:11:05,061 INFO  [DeploymentMBeanImpl] (main) Installing DeployableUnitID[url=file:/home/eross/mobicents/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/deploy/mobicents-slee-ra-map-du-2.8.0-SNAPSHOT.jar/]
09:11:05,463 INFO  [DeploymentMBeanImpl] (main) Installed LibraryID[name=library-map,vendor=library-map,version=2.0]
09:11:05,463 INFO  [DeploymentMBeanImpl] (main) Installed EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.service.sms.ALERT_SERVICE_CENTER_REQUEST,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
09:11:05,463 INFO  [DeploymentMBeanImpl] (main) Installed EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.service.mobility.locationManagement.CANCEL_LOCATION_REQUEST,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
09:11:05,465 INFO  [DeploymentMBeanImpl] (main) Installed EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.service.mobility.subscriberinfo.ANY_TIME_INTERROGATION_REQUEST,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
09:11:05,466 INFO  [DeploymentMBeanImpl] (main) Installed EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.DIALOG_TIMEOUT,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
09:11:05,466 INFO  [DeploymentMBeanImpl] (main) Installed EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.service.mobility.subscriberinfo.ANY_TIME_INTERROGATION_RESPONSE,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
09:11:05,467 INFO  [DeploymentMBeanImpl] (main) Installed EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.service.suplementary.PROCESS_UNSTRUCTURED_SS_REQUEST,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
09:11:05,467 INFO  [DeploymentMBeanImpl] (main) Installed EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.service.mobility.locationManagement.PURGE_MS_REQUEST,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
09:11:05,467 INFO  [DeploymentMBeanImpl] (main) Installed EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.DIALOG_REQUEST,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
09:11:05,467 INFO  [DeploymentMBeanImpl] (main) Installed EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.service.callhandling.PROVIDE_ROAMING_NUMBER_RESPONSE,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
09:11:05,467 INFO  [DeploymentMBeanImpl] (main) Installed EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.DIALOG_DELIMITER,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
09:11:05,468 INFO  [DeploymentMBeanImpl] (main) Installed EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.service.suplementary.UNSTRUCTURED_SS_RESPONSE,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
09:11:05,468 INFO  [DeploymentMBeanImpl] (main) Installed EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.ERROR_COMPONENT,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
09:11:05,468 INFO  [DeploymentMBeanImpl] (main) Installed EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.service.mobility.locationManagement.CANCEL_LOCATION_RESPONSE,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
09:11:05,471 INFO  [DeploymentMBeanImpl] (main) Installed EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.service.sms.INFORM_SERVICE_CENTER_REQUEST,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
09:11:05,471 INFO  [DeploymentMBeanImpl] (main) Installed EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.service.suplementary.UNSTRUCTURED_SS_NOTIFY_REQUEST,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
09:11:05,471 INFO  [DeploymentMBeanImpl] (main) Installed EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.service.mobility.locationManagement.SEND_IDENTIFICATION_RESPONSE,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
09:11:05,471 INFO  [DeploymentMBeanImpl] (main) Installed EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.service.suplementary.UNSTRUCTURED_SS_NOTIFY_RESPONSE,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
09:11:05,472 INFO  [DeploymentMBeanImpl] (main) Installed EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.service.sms.MT_FORWARD_SHORT_MESSAGE_REQUEST,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
09:11:05,472 INFO  [DeploymentMBeanImpl] (main) Installed EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.service.lsm.SEND_ROUTING_INFO_FOR_LCS_RESPONSE,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
09:11:05,472 INFO  [DeploymentMBeanImpl] (main) Installed EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.DIALOG_ACCEPT,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
09:11:05,472 INFO  [DeploymentMBeanImpl] (main) Installed EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.service.mobility.locationManagement.UPDATE_GPRS_LOCATION_REQUEST,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
09:11:05,472 INFO  [DeploymentMBeanImpl] (main) Installed EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.service.mobility.locationManagement.UPDATE_LOCATION_RESPONSE,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
09:11:05,472 INFO  [DeploymentMBeanImpl] (main) Installed EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.INVOKE_TIMEOUT,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
09:11:05,473 INFO  [DeploymentMBeanImpl] (main) Installed EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.service.mobility.imei.CHECK_IMEI_RESPONSE,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
09:11:05,473 INFO  [DeploymentMBeanImpl] (main) Installed EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.DIALOG_NOTICE,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
09:11:05,475 INFO  [DeploymentMBeanImpl] (main) Installed EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.service.mobility.subscribermanagement.INSERT_SUBSCRIBER_DATA_REQUEST,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
09:11:05,475 INFO  [DeploymentMBeanImpl] (main) Installed EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.service.mobility.authentication.SEND_AUTHENTICATION_INFO_RESPONSE,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
09:11:05,475 INFO  [DeploymentMBeanImpl] (main) Installed EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.service.lsm.SUBSCRIBER_LOCATION_REPORT_REQUEST,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
09:11:05,476 INFO  [DeploymentMBeanImpl] (main) Installed EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.DIALOG_CLOSE,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
09:11:05,476 INFO  [DeploymentMBeanImpl] (main) Installed EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.service.mobility.locationManagement.UPDATE_LOCATION_REQUEST,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
09:11:05,476 INFO  [DeploymentMBeanImpl] (main) Installed EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.service.lsm.SUBSCRIBER_LOCATION_REPORT_RESPONSE,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
09:11:05,476 INFO  [DeploymentMBeanImpl] (main) Installed EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.DIALOG_PROVIDERABORT,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
09:11:05,476 INFO  [DeploymentMBeanImpl] (main) Installed EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.service.lsm.PROVIDE_SUBSCRIBER_LOCATION_REQUEST,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
09:11:05,476 INFO  [DeploymentMBeanImpl] (main) Installed EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.service.mobility.subscribermanagement.INSERT_SUBSCRIBER_DATA_RESPONSE,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
09:11:05,476 INFO  [DeploymentMBeanImpl] (main) Installed EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.service.sms.SEND_ROUTING_INFO_FOR_SM_RESPONSE,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
09:11:05,477 INFO  [DeploymentMBeanImpl] (main) Installed EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.service.callhandling.SEND_ROUTING_INFORMATION_RESPONSE,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
09:11:05,477 INFO  [DeploymentMBeanImpl] (main) Installed EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.service.suplementary.UNSTRUCTURED_SS_REQUEST,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
09:11:05,477 INFO  [DeploymentMBeanImpl] (main) Installed EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.DIALOG_RELEASE,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
09:11:05,477 INFO  [DeploymentMBeanImpl] (main) Installed EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.service.sms.MO_FORWARD_SHORT_MESSAGE_REQUEST,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
09:11:05,477 INFO  [DeploymentMBeanImpl] (main) Installed EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.service.sms.SEND_ROUTING_INFO_FOR_SM_REQUEST,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
09:11:05,477 INFO  [DeploymentMBeanImpl] (main) Installed EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.service.mobility.locationManagement.SEND_IDENTIFICATION_REQUEST,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
09:11:05,478 INFO  [DeploymentMBeanImpl] (main) Installed EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.service.lsm.SEND_ROUTING_INFO_FOR_LCS_REQUEST,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
09:11:05,478 INFO  [DeploymentMBeanImpl] (main) Installed EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.service.sms.MT_FORWARD_SHORT_MESSAGE_RESPONSE,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
09:11:05,478 INFO  [DeploymentMBeanImpl] (main) Installed EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.service.suplementary.PROCESS_UNSTRUCTURED_SS_RESPONSE,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
09:11:05,478 INFO  [DeploymentMBeanImpl] (main) Installed EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.service.mobility.locationManagement.UPDATE_GPRS_LOCATION_RESPONSE,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
09:11:05,481 INFO  [DeploymentMBeanImpl] (main) Installed EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.DIALOG_REJECT,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
09:11:05,481 INFO  [DeploymentMBeanImpl] (main) Installed EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.service.sms.MO_FORWARD_SHORT_MESSAGE_RESPONSE,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
09:11:05,482 INFO  [DeploymentMBeanImpl] (main) Installed EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.service.mobility.imei.CHECK_IMEI_REQUEST,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
09:11:05,482 INFO  [DeploymentMBeanImpl] (main) Installed EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.service.mobility.authentication.SEND_AUTHENTICATION_INFO_REQUEST,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
09:11:05,482 INFO  [DeploymentMBeanImpl] (main) Installed EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.service.lsm.PROVIDE_SUBSCRIBER_LOCATION_RESPONSE,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
09:11:05,482 INFO  [DeploymentMBeanImpl] (main) Installed EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.service.mobility.locationManagement.PURGE_MS_RESPONSE,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
09:11:05,485 INFO  [DeploymentMBeanImpl] (main) Installed EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.service.callhandling.PROVIDE_ROAMING_NUMBER_REQUEST,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
09:11:05,486 INFO  [DeploymentMBeanImpl] (main) Installed EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.DIALOG_USERABORT,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
09:11:05,486 INFO  [DeploymentMBeanImpl] (main) Installed EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.REJECT_COMPONENT,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
09:11:05,486 INFO  [DeploymentMBeanImpl] (main) Installed EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.service.callhandling.SEND_ROUTING_INFORMATION_REQUEST,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
09:11:05,486 INFO  [DeploymentMBeanImpl] (main) Installed EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.service.sms.ALERT_SERVICE_CENTER_RESPONSE,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
09:11:05,486 INFO  [DeploymentMBeanImpl] (main) Installed EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.service.sms.REPORT_SM_DELIVERY_STATUS_RESPONSE,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
09:11:05,487 INFO  [DeploymentMBeanImpl] (main) Installed EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.service.sms.FORWARD_SHORT_MESSAGE_REQUEST,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
09:11:05,487 INFO  [DeploymentMBeanImpl] (main) Installed EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.service.sms.FORWARD_SHORT_MESSAGE_RESPONSE,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
09:11:05,487 INFO  [DeploymentMBeanImpl] (main) Installed EventTypeID[name=ss7.map.service.sms.REPORT_SM_DELIVERY_STATUS_REQUEST,vendor=org.mobicents,version=1.0]
09:11:05,494 INFO  [DeploymentMBeanImpl] (main) Installed ResourceAdaptorTypeID[name=MAPResourceAdaptorType,vendor=org.mobicents,version=2.0]
09:11:05,497 INFO  [DeploymentMBeanImpl] (main) Installed ResourceAdaptorID[name=MAPResourceAdaptor,vendor=org.mobicents,version=2.0]
09:11:05,498 INFO  [DeploymentMBeanImpl] (main) Installed DeployableUnitID[url=file:/home/eross/mobicents/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/deploy/mobicents-slee-ra-map-du-2.8.0-SNAPSHOT.jar/]
09:11:05,832 INFO  [MAPResourceAdaptor] (main) Verifying configuring MAPRA: MAPRA
09:11:05,833 INFO  [MAPResourceAdaptor] (main) MAP Resource Adaptor configuration verified.
09:11:05,833 INFO  [MAPResourceAdaptor] (main) Configuring MAP RA: MAPRA
09:11:05,833 INFO  [ResourceManagement] (main) Created Resource Adaptor Entity MAPRA for ResourceAdaptorID[name=MAPResourceAdaptor,vendor=org.mobicents,version=2.0] Config Properties: [(mapJndi:java.lang.String=java:/mobicents/ss7/map),(timeout:java.lang.Integer=0)]
09:11:06,090 INFO  [MAPResourceAdaptor] (main) Successfully connected to MAP service[java:/mobicents/ss7/map]
09:11:06,106 INFO  [ResourceManagement] (main) Activated RA Entity MAPRA
09:11:06,357 INFO  [ResourceManagement] (main) Bound link between RA Entity MAPRA and Name MAPRA
09:11:06,623 INFO  [GmlcPropertiesManagement] (main) Loading USSD Properties from /home/eross/mobicents/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/data/GmlcManagement_gmlcproperties.xml
09:11:06,664 INFO  [GmlcManagement] (main) Started UssdManagement
09:11:06,671 INFO  [ShellServer] (main) Starting SS7 management shell environment
09:11:06,675 INFO  [ShellServer] (main) ShellExecutor listening at /127.0.0.1:3435
09:11:06,742 INFO  [Http11Protocol] (main) Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-127.0.0.1-8080
09:11:06,764 INFO  [AjpProtocol] (main) Starting Coyote AJP/1.3 on ajp-127.0.0.1-8009
09:11:06,782 INFO  [ServerImpl] (main) JBoss (Microcontainer) [5.1.0.GA (build: SVNTag=JBoss_5_1_0_GA date=200905221634)] Started in 1m:14s:684ms

Cheers,
Andrew

huu nhan Tran

Feb 11, 2015, 8:26:17 PM2/11/15
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrew,
it's normal log :).

Lets open a http connection and check

Andrew Eross

Feb 11, 2015, 8:50:23 PM2/11/15
to mobicents-public
Hi huu,

Oh good, then well I think I finally have it working =).

thanks for all the help!

I updated the README.md on Github with my exact clean install instructions to give others a jump-start:

Cheers,
Andrew

huu nhan Tran

Feb 12, 2015, 2:38:04 AM2/12/15
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Excellent Andrew,
I took 2 months to make it work :).
Now move to something more difficult (ie jss7 emulator for gmlc, support other type of gmlc....)

Amit Bhayani

Feb 13, 2015, 4:01:12 AM2/13/15
to mobicents-public
Hi Andrew,