Error message

Leonardo Lion

Jul 13, 2016, 10:12:12 PM7/13/16
to moa-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I'm doing text classification using MOA. I loaded my dataset into MOA which has bout 400,000 number of instances. All the instances are string ones.However, in order to perform classification, I used "NiveBayes". As a result, MOA said the process is failed, and produced this error message:

Failure reason: weka/core/scripting/JythonSerializableObject

*** STACK TRACE ***java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: weka/core/scripting/JythonSerializableObject

                at weka.core.SerializedObject.<init>(SerializedObject.java:94)

                at weka.core.Attribute.addStringValue(Attribute.java:933)

                at weka.core.converters.ArffLoader$ArffReader.getInstanceFull(ArffLoader.java:616)

                at weka.core.converters.ArffLoader$ArffReader.getInstance(ArffLoader.java:441)

                at weka.core.converters.ArffLoader$ArffReader.readInstance(ArffLoader.java:409)

                at weka.core.Instances.readInstance(Instances.java:984)

                at moa.streams.ArffFileStream.readNextInstanceFromFile(ArffFileStream.java:150)

                at moa.streams.ArffFileStream.nextInstance(ArffFileStream.java:114)

                at moa.tasks.EvaluatePrequential.doMainTask(EvaluatePrequential.java:190)

                at moa.tasks.MainTask.doTaskImpl(MainTask.java:50)

                at moa.tasks.AbstractTask.doTask(AbstractTask.java:57)

                at moa.tasks.TaskThread.run(TaskThread.java:76)

Why this error, and how to fix it?

Note that, MOA works perfectly with similar dataset that even has bigger number of string instances.

Highly appreciate your advice.

Leonardo

Heitor Murilo Gomes

Jul 13, 2016, 10:55:44 PM7/13/16
to MOA users
Hi Leonardo,

Were you able to load that same dataset on weka?

Best Regards,

Heitor

Leonardo Lion

Jul 13, 2016, 11:01:52 PM7/13/16
to moa-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Heitor,

Yes, I can load it into Weka perfectly.

Any idea about how to solve the error?

Thanks.

Leonardo

Albert Bifet

Jul 14, 2016, 4:45:35 AM7/14/16
to MOA users
>> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: weka/core/scripting/JythonSerializableObject
>> at weka.core.Attribute.addStringValue(Attribute.java:933)

Which version of MOA are you using? What is the format of the dataset?

Cheers, Albert

Leonardo Lion

Jul 14, 2016, 5:17:30 AM7/14/16
to moa-...@googlegroups.com

I'm using 2014.11 release which I had it long time ago.

Leonardo

Albert Bifet

Jul 14, 2016, 5:25:11 AM7/14/16
to MOA users
Does the header of your dataset contain string attributes? MOA does
not work with string attributes.

Cheers, Albert

Leonardo Lion

Jul 14, 2016, 5:30:38 AM7/14/16
to moa-...@googlegroups.com
I'm doing text classification, hence, the dataset file has "@attribute text string" additional to the class attribute. Is there wrong with this sort of data?

Leonardo

Albert Bifet

Jul 14, 2016, 5:35:47 AM7/14/16
to MOA users
Weka can process your file but MOA can not process string attributes.
You need to pre-process the file with WEKA filters to convert it to a
dataset with discrete or numeric values.

Cheers, Albert

Leonardo Lion

Jul 14, 2016, 5:40:59 AM7/14/16
to moa-...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for helpful solution. However, it's difficult to Weka to handle big data (Unlike MOA) as it has problem with memory. In your opinion, how to handle big data using Weka without coding in order to avoid any heap problem?

Leonardo

Albert Bifet

Jul 14, 2016, 5:52:49 AM7/14/16
to MOA users
With 400,000 instances, you should be able to use the
StringToWordVector filter in Weka and then process the resulting
dataset with MOA.

Cheers, Albert

Leonardo Lion

Jul 14, 2016, 5:55:25 AM7/14/16
to moa-...@googlegroups.com
Perfect, thank you so much for this very helpful advice.

Regards,
Leonardo