Thursday, November 19 MNAEG Gathering - Agile Quality

RHunter

Oct 26, 2015, 8:18:46 PM10/26/15
to MN Agile Experiences Group

Topic : How agile improves your software by 200%. Build the right thing, and build the thing right.

Paul Ellarby to present - more details to come...

 Sponsor TBD

6 - 6:30 PM – networking, pizza

6:30 - 8 PM - topic

8 - 8:30 – Discuss future gather topic proposals

Meetings are held at the University of St. Thomas, Murray Herrick room 206 (MHC206).

See the MNAEG site for more details: https://sites.google.com/site/mnagileexperiences/

Here is a link to parking info http://www.stthomas.edu/parking/visitors/visitoroptions/

Note on parking: The Morrison ramp ($1/hr after 4 PM) is probably where most end up.

Street parking in non-permit areas on the campus perimeters can often be found (by those who enjoy the hunt).

RHunter

Nov 2, 2015, 8:32:34 AM11/2/15
to MN Agile Experiences Group

Topic : How agile improves your software by 200%. Build the right thing, and build the thing right.

I can increase throughput with Scrum by 100% - but how do I get more?

We all know the real reason for using Scrum - increasing the value of the software we deliver. Did you know that up to 65% of all software developed is never or rarely used? Scrum allows us to minimize the amount of useless software we develop - but how do we know which software is valuable?  And when we develop software, how good is "good enough"?

We need to find the right balance between developing the right thing, and developing the thing right, and that will be the focus of the Gathering's
discussion.

Paul Ellarby has been hanging-around the agile community for a long time, first using scrum-like techniques to deliver projects back in 1998 when he was a VP at EDS, with development teams spread around the Pacific Rim. Since then he has delivered lots of projects using agile techniques, led many organizations through agile adoption, developed workshops to educate others, and spoken at Agile and Scrum conferences around the world. His latest jaunt took him to Lasi (Romania) and Istanbul, where he spent a couple of evenings talking with the agile communities in those cities.

Indicate if you are planning to attend at:

RHunter

Nov 5, 2015, 8:12:35 PM11/5/15
to MN Agile Experiences Group

One week to the next gathering - please try and sign up if planning to come.

On Monday, November 2, 2015 at 7:32:34 AM UTC-6, RHunter wrote:

[...]

 Sponsor:  Solutions IQ

RHunter

Nov 16, 2015, 1:59:13 PM11/16/15
to MN Agile Experiences Group
Final reminder - MNAEG Gathering this Thursday, Nov. 19.

Heather Cocchiarella

Nov 20, 2015, 9:33:40 AM11/20/15
to MN Agile Experiences Group
Would it be possible for Paul to send out the slides he covered?

Ambrose, Edward

Nov 21, 2015, 8:44:14 AM11/21/15
to mn-agile-e...@googlegroups.com

….and a link to the article about “Left Brain” and “Right Brain” activity during pair programming would be interesting.