MNAEG Gathering Thursday, November 17, 2016

RHunter

Oct 27, 2016, 10:49:37 AM10/27/16
to MN Agile Experiences Group

Topic: Weighted Shortest Job First (WSJF) - “If you only quantify one thing, quantify the cost of delay.”  - Don Reinertsen

This discussion will center around the WSJF prioritization mechanism proposed by Reinertsen and given more recent visibility by being emphasized in the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).

Francis Sothy will lead a discussion on WSJF – questions to be considered:

·         What is it?

·         How is it used?

·         Does it help move the contentious prioritization space?

·         As it is a decision process, how much is it a relative vs an absolute scoring mechanism?

·         Lastly if we have time we can discuss how this could be applied for a lean start-up model.

For the last 13 years, Francis has lead Fortune 500 organizations through their agile journeys.

He worked on three continents for the same company, providing him an  international perspective on software development in a Lean environment.

He is currently an independent consultant and SPC4.

If planning to come please indicate so on Doodle http://doodle.com/poll/uu6vb7r77avyust5 (note - it is not necessary to sign up to attend  … just looking for an attendance estimate).

Sponsor TBD -

6 – 6:30 PM – networking, pizza

6:30 – 8 PM – WSJF

Gatherings are held at the University of St. Thomas, Murray Herrick room 206 (MHC206) - NOTE ROOM CHANGE

See the MNAEG site for more details: https://sites.google.com/site/mnagileexperiences/

Here is a link to parking info http://www.stthomas.edu/parking/parkingoptions/

Note on parking: The Morrison ramp ($1/hr after 4 PM) is probably where most end up.

Street parking in non-permit areas on the campus perimeters can often be found (by those who enjoy the hunt).

RHunter

Nov 11, 2016, 10:36:07 AM11/11/16
to MN Agile Experiences Group
Last reminder for next Thursday's MNAEG -- sign up on Doodle if possibly coming!

Rod

Kevin Burns

Nov 16, 2016, 2:08:07 PM11/16/16
to MN Agile Experiences Group
I would love to listen in to the discussion but I have a conflict. Will presentation be available online after?

Rod Hunter

Nov 17, 2016, 10:33:06 PM11/17/16
to mn-agile-e...@googlegroups.com

Kevin,

There were a few slides but not really a presentation – it was primarily a discussion.

Rod