Potential Topic for March meeting - SAFe

Samir Penkar

Jan 6, 2016, 11:49:09 PM1/6/16
to MN Agile Experiences Group
One potential topic for the March meeting is SAFe 4.0 - Scaling Agile Framework. I can lead.

Samir Penkar
SAFe SPC, CSM, Agile Evangelist

Lonnie Weaver-Johnson

Jan 7, 2016, 7:34:25 AM1/7/16
to mn-agile-e...@googlegroups.com
I'm pretty sure we just had a SAFe talk.

Lonnie

Lonnie Weaver-Johnson
Certified Scrum Trainer and Agile Coach

Sent from my iPhone

Kelly Weyrauch

Jan 7, 2016, 11:03:09 AM1/7/16
to mn-agile-e...@googlegroups.com
I missed the last talk on SAFe, which I thought was covering 3.0.

I would like a discussion about the differences/impact of the new 4.0.

Kelly

Esther Derby

Jan 7, 2016, 4:34:49 PM1/7/16
to MN Agile Experiences Group
Rather than a talk that privileges one approach to using agile across many teams, it might be useful to have some sort of round table discussion that looks at different approaches, such as LeSS, DaD, SAFe, + unbranded principles that can be used regardless of which method you purchase.

Esther Derby

Rod Hunter

Jan 7, 2016, 6:56:42 PM1/7/16
to mn-agile-e...@googlegroups.com

Peter Callies did a presentation he called “SAFe-like” in Sept. ’14.

He called it thus as it was based on his experience using what he’d gleamed from a book Leffingwell wrote prior to his coming up with the SAFe acronym (http://www.amazon.com/Agile-Software-Requirements-Enterprise-Development/dp/0321635841/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1452187457&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=agile+requirments).

(So maybe that was version 0.0 or something.)  J

How about we try and doing a “multiple topic” session in March?  Perhaps this could be one of three or four 20-30 minutes topics if there is interest?

Bill Asch

Jan 7, 2016, 6:56:42 PM1/7/16
to MN Agile Experiences Group
+1

Since I work in Product Development the bias towards Scaling Portfolios/Scaling Agile (like SAFe) leaves me out. Agile at Scale as a discussion is useful though.

Creg Schumann

Jan 8, 2016, 12:30:57 PM1/8/16
to mn-agile-e...@googlegroups.com
I love the conversation around unbranded principles.  I have a bias about the many "flavors" one can use and a bit of apprehension since there is usually a "purchase" involved in this baskin robin's thing called [software] process.  A conversation around the problems we're having in scaling.  How some have solved them with simple duct tape and baling wire (McGyver style)?  My conversations with people going out and buying a scaling solution is that most of those folks don't even know if they have a problem that even needs a solution.  Thus - helping people understand what some problems teams and organizations face in working across teams/products/vendors have would be greatly helpful.

Creg A. Schumann
280 Saratoga St. S.
St. Paul, MN  55105
612.703.1470