Re: Topic(s) for a May Gathering?

Message has been deleted

RHunter

Apr 21, 2016, 12:27:40 PM4/21/16
to MN Agile Experiences Group
No suggestions yet for May.
Anyone planning a presentation for Agile2016 or other conference (or know someone who is) that might want to use the May gathering for a practice run?

On Sunday, April 10, 2016 at 10:11:50 AM UTC-5, RHunter wrote:
The next available date for a MNAEG gathering is Thursday, May 12th  - suggestions?

T Strand

Apr 24, 2016, 7:40:59 PM4/24/16
to MN Agile Experiences Group
Would anyone have experience with the poor product owners & how to overcome the messiness without getting involved in politics?  Ha Ha - or is it even possible?

Jarrod Leder

Apr 24, 2016, 8:52:23 PM4/24/16
to MN Agile Experiences Group
Or better yet if you're a business analyst who doesn't have PO authority, but the PO is virtually nonexistent!

David Allen

Apr 24, 2016, 10:44:18 PM4/24/16
to mn-agile-e...@googlegroups.com
I have worked with a range of Product Owners (POs) from disengaged, to disruptive, to highly engaged and effective.
Sorry to tell you but it is a political business. Politics is about people, organization, and rules. And if there is not someone with the courage to deal with it directly, it festers (as you probably already know).
Like all people-related problems, any one behavior can have different causes, so simplistic rules can be misleading and even counter-productive. For example, is a product owner disruptive because they don't know how to do the job of PO? If so, patient and guided education can be very effective. Or do they have deeper interpersonal issue and have difficulty interacting harmoniously in any of their roles? That's a different problem and calls for a different solution.
A good scrum master can resolve the former problem by providing adequate education to a willing PO who is unintentionally disruptive by lack of knowledge. Only a good resource manager, doing their job, can resolve the latter issue.
Diagnosing the root causes accurately is the first step. I wish you well.

David Kreth Allen

Lonnie Weaver-Johnson

Apr 24, 2016, 11:58:49 PM4/24/16
to mn-agile-e...@googlegroups.com
Rod,
I may have a product owner coach who may want to come and perhaps lead a round table discussion on this. It looks like there is interest. Shall I ask her?

Also, what is the date? The email I see on my phone is July 14th even though the subject says May.

Lonnie

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 10, 2016, at 10:10 AM, RHunter <rodh...@usfamily.net> wrote:

The next available date for a MNAEG gathering is Thursday, July 14th  - suggestions?

RHunter

Apr 25, 2016, 10:00:49 AM4/25/16
to MN Agile Experiences Group
The next available date for a MNAEG gathering is Thursday, May 12th.
The next date after that will be July 14th.

Sounds like a possible option to me - others interested?

On Sunday, April 24, 2016 at 10:58:49 PM UTC-5, Lonnie Weaver-Johnson wrote:
Rod,
I may have a product owner coach who may want to come and perhaps lead a round table discussion on this. It looks like there is interest. Shall I ask her?

Also, what is the date? The email I see on my phone is July 14th even though the subject says May.

Lonnie

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 10, 2016, at 10:10 AM, RHunter <rodh...@usfamily.net> wrote:

The next available date for a MNAEG gathering is Thursday, May 12th  - suggestions?

Rajesh Parikh

Apr 25, 2016, 10:04:23 AM4/25/16
to mn-agile-e...@googlegroups.com

Yes I am intrested

Regards
Rajesh

Markus Silpala

Apr 25, 2016, 2:10:52 PM4/25/16
to mn-agile-e...@googlegroups.com
Sounds like there's critical mass for the PO topic. Thats cool.

In case that one falls through—or perhaps looking forward to the July slot—I do know that several folks in town are giving talks at Agile2016, and might welcome the opportunity for a practice round.

My talk is listed here: http://sched.co/6ede. It may have a more technical bent than this group favors, but I'd let the group judge that. :-)

-Markus

Debbie Keye

Apr 25, 2016, 2:10:52 PM4/25/16
to MN Agile Experiences Group
I am new to the group.  Can you tell me where and what time you meet?

Thanks.

Debbie

Stephen Thompson

Apr 25, 2016, 3:18:41 PM4/25/16
to mn-agile-e...@googlegroups.com
Markus:

Your talk sounds very interesting.
I would like to hear it at MNAEG sometime.

StephT

RHunter

Apr 25, 2016, 10:40:41 PM4/25/16
to MN Agile Experiences Group
Did you select to get email notifications from the group?

Otherwise more info can be found at:

Heather Cocchiarella

Apr 26, 2016, 1:27:15 PM4/26/16
to MN Agile Experiences Group
You hit this spot on, David.  As a former Scrum Master, and current Product Owner, I believe it is critical to get down to the root cause.  I look forward to this session.

Sara J

Apr 29, 2016, 5:33:03 PM4/29/16
to MN Agile Experiences Group
I am new to this group, where and what time is this?

Lonnie Weaver-Johnson

Apr 29, 2016, 9:51:45 PM4/29/16
to MN Agile Experiences Group
Debbie & Sara,

Here is where to find out the meeting detail.. https://sites.google.com/site/mnagileexperiences/ We meet at St. Thomas (you can find details on the google site).

Rod,  Is the topic going to be Product Owner? I'd like to invite a specific individual if it is.

Lonnie

Sara J

May 2, 2016, 8:00:59 AM5/2/16
to MN Agile Experiences Group
Thank and I shall attend.

Creg Schumann

May 3, 2016, 10:43:42 AM5/3/16
to MN Agile Experiences Group
Sounds like a great topic!  I will likely be able to join.

Milind Bhat

May 4, 2016, 2:46:59 PM5/4/16
to MN Agile Experiences Group
It seems there is a lot of interest for the Product Owner discussion.  But Rod may still be looking for a presenter to lead this discussion on May 12.  When would we know for sure the topic for May 12?  (I want to invite someone if it is a PO topic.)