What would happen if water didn't exist?

Triana, Fabiana

Feb 3, 2012, 12:06:44 PM2/3/12
to MLA-LIMA
If water didn't exist then we wouldn't have ocean. If we didnt have
oceans then our food source would go down beacuse half of our food
comes from fish and fishes can't survive without oceans. Also if we
didn't have water we would probably die of thirst beacuse we need to
hydrate. Most people now a days are dying of thurst imagine if water
wouldn't exsist.Also when we cook we use water. To clean we use water.
We use water for our own entertainment so that we can have fun for
example when we go to water parks, beaches, and pools.What wold you
think would happen if water didn't exist?

Gillian Peraza

Feb 3, 2012, 11:20:25 PM2/3/12
to MLA-LIMA
Fabiana, I believe that if there were no oceans then the world would
be a very sad and deserted place all the beings who need water to
survive (all of them) would die, the oceans also carry heat around the
world so if there were not any oceans then heat would not be brought
into the colder parts of the Earth so many places on Earth would be
desolate and frigid and you would not be able to live there. If water
was nonexsistent on Earth then we would not have a carbon sink and
some places on Earth would be scorching hot and the overall climate
would be hotter, only microorganisms and bacteria would be able to
survive. So in conclusion without water there would be limited life on
Earth, the climate on Earth would be terrible and we would have a very
bad greenhouse effect possibly life Venus's greenhouse effect. So if
there was no water on Earth, how would you try to survive in this
world?

Jeremiah Soliman

Feb 5, 2012, 2:43:09 PM2/5/12
to mla-...@googlegroups.com

The Earth's oceans play an important role in maintaining the world as we know it. Indeed, the ocean is largely responsible for keeping the temperatures on Earth fairly steady. It may get pretty cold where you live in the wintertime. Some places on Earth get as cold as -70°C. Some places get as hot as 55°C.  But compare that to the surface temperature on Mercury: it ranges from -180°C to 430°C, a range of 610°C. Mercury has neither an atmosphere nor an ocean to buffer temperature changes so it gets both extremely hot and very cold.The ocean is home to an enormous amount of life. This includes many kinds of microscopic life, plants and algae, invertebrates like sea stars and jellyfish, fish, reptiles, and marine mammals. The many different creatures of the ocean form a vast and complicated food web, that actually makes up the majority of all biomass on Earth. (Biomass is the total weight of living organisms in a particular area.) We depend on the ocean as a source of food and even the oxygen created by marine plants. Scientists are still discovering new creatures and features of the oceans, as well as learning more about marine ecosystems .On Earth, the oceans absorb heat energy from the Sun. Then the ocean currents move the energy from areas of hot water to areas of cold water, and vice versa. Not only does ocean circulation keep the water temperature moderate, but it also affects the temperature of the air. If you examine land temperatures on the Earth, you will notice that the more extreme temperatures occur in the middle of continents, whereas temperatures near the water tend to be more moderate. This is because water retains heat longer than land. Summer temperatures will therefore not be as hot, and winter temperatures won't be as cold, because the water takes a long time to heat up or cool down. If we didn't have the oceans, the temperature range would be much greater, and humans could not live in those harsh conditions.Finally, the ocean provides the starting point for the Earth's water cycle. Most of the water that evaporates into the atmosphere initially comes from the ocean. This water, in turn, falls on land in the form of precipitation. It creates snow and ice, streams and ponds, without which people would have little fresh water. A world without oceans would be a world without you and me.

Dalmau, Simon

Feb 5, 2012, 6:07:00 PM2/5/12
to MLA-LIMA
Jeremiah, I think the question asked if there would be no "water" on
the earth. Not if there would be no oceans. Personally, I think that
the human species would die out, and become extinct. There would be no
fresh water lakes, rivers, canals, ponds, clouds, atmosphere, oceans,
seas, bays, jungles, etc. Every living organism needs water to
survive. Our bodies are made up of 2/3rds water and planet earth is
71% covered in water. Our organs would probably change shape and size.
We would be living in a depressing, desert wasteland. There wouldn't
be storms or precipitation. The oceans would serve as a dry wasteland
with mountains that used to be seamounts and guyots. The Mariana
Trench would lead to the mantle.Other trenches would be mile deep
canyons or cliffs. If human beings are to survive and adapt, we would
have to find the little food supply left, and thats when we will start
to fight for our food.

Valerie Del Rey ;3

Feb 6, 2012, 3:34:19 PM2/6/12
to mla-...@googlegroups.com
All very good and true statements everyone ! Simon, Jeremiah can technically talk about the ocean because it IS water. If water didn't exist, then we wouldn't be here. Maybe we would have been a different species of beings that somehow can live without water. Also, this species would have to endure the extremely hot temperatures of the Earth (which would probably cut out the "species" since these temperatures would practically be impossible to live in). Who knows ? Maybe there are life forms that can endure that kind of heat (around 400-470 degrees Fahrenheit. Probably more). Like Simon pointed out, everything would practically be a dried out wasteland. Plus, if water didn't exist, then the animals and plants we see today would surely be nonexistent

jennifer furones

Feb 6, 2012, 5:39:18 PM2/6/12
to mla-...@googlegroups.com
what i think would happen if water didn't exist is that we would die. We are not able to survive with out water to take a bath in or to drink in and we get our hydration from water. The population would slowly start being affected by the ocean creatures and our food from the ocean then it would go towards us and are food and the way we live in our everyday life. DO YOU THINK THAT THERE ARE ANY POSSIBLE WAYS WE ARE ABLE TO SURVIVE  WITHOUT WATER, IF SO WHAT ARE THEY?

Diaz, Ethan

Feb 6, 2012, 5:47:36 PM2/6/12
to mla-...@googlegroups.com
well if water didnt exist then obviously there wouldnt be oceans. if there isnt any oceans then the food chain would collapse. also there would be an increase in the earth tempeture killing all our plants. also there would be no sourse of food in the world so people would starve to death. and there would not be any species that need water to live. and civilizations will collapse. and war will break out in between countries fight for any food they can get. and if there no water theres also no sourse the satisfie our thirst and then death and with death theres no reproduction of human and the human species will go extict. what can we do to prevent this from happening in the future?
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Daniela Morales

Feb 7, 2012, 10:30:36 AM2/7/12
to MLA-LIMA
Ethan, you made a good point in saying that the food chain would
collapse but, if water didn't exist, neither would we. Earth would be
like mercury extremely hot by day and extremely cold at night. Water
vapor is one of the main greenhouse gases and without it the Earth
would be unable to stay warm at night. Also Ethan, did you notice that
you didn't use any capitalization at the beginning of your sentences?
Plants wouldn't exist either. Without water there would no oceans and
no carbon sync and the atmosphere would be filled with carbon dioxide.
Also oceans reflect the suns rays and they go back into space. Without
oceans earth would absorb more rays from the sun than it normally
would. Without water there would be no lightning and therefore no
ozone layer and the planet would fry. Wouldn't you agree?

Kristina Suarez (:

Feb 7, 2012, 10:49:14 AM2/7/12
to MLA-LIMA
Daniela, you made a very good point. Did you notice you forgot to put
the word 'be' but it was still well written.
We would not be able to survive in a world without oceans or water.
Our bodies are mostly water therefore it is necessary for us to have
it! Not only would it affect us but it would affect the animals and
environment. With no oceans that means that there would be no water,
also meaning that all the other living things would die. Living things
such as plants, animals, humans, etc. Like Daniela said, without
oceans (water) the whole earth would fry! Also, the oceans are our
main source of water.
So if most of our water is gone...what if there was a giant forest
fire? How would we put it out with limited amount of water?
What do you think?

Gonzalez, Linder

Feb 7, 2012, 11:42:09 AM2/7/12
to MLA-LIMA
If water didn't exist we wouldn't be able to live on earth because
there would be droughts due to no evaporation. There would also be no
fresh water to do our daily needs of taking baths, and drinking water
that are body needs and also industrial companies use water to create
power by hydro energy. But the most important thing is that we would
be extreme heat and no way to cool down. we would die without water so
if there was no water in the world we wouldn't be able to live.

Nicolle Perez

Feb 7, 2012, 1:16:16 PM2/7/12
to MLA-LIMA
We would obviously die

Natalie Olivares

Feb 7, 2012, 5:15:00 PM2/7/12
to mla-...@googlegroups.com
If water didnt exist then we would not be here. If scientist look for water when they look at other plantets and they find that therenis no water, then there is no life. Earth is the only planet that has water. And 70% of Earth is water, just like the human body. Also meaning that if we dont have all that 70% of water we would not survive. No plants would be around because there is no water.Not on Earth or our bodies. There would barely be any weather on Earth. Only sunny all the time! If there is no water then nothing would ever happend. Water would not evaporate and then cannot turn into rain. All of the plants would die, just because they can survive without water. The human race would slowly die. Earths surface would be completely different because all of the erosion caused by water would not happen. All of the animals except those who know how to survive in desert like climates. Either way, we would die really fast because humans can only go without water for about 3 days. Water is necessary for everything, so why dont we try to conserve it instead of wasting it?

Melany

Feb 7, 2012, 5:24:32 PM2/7/12
to mla-...@googlegroups.com
If there was no water on Earth we would most likely all die out,and not only humans but any other species as well .Water is one of every species main source for life.Some life forms can't even breathe or move without water.I do not believe we will be able to survive without water unless we find another source similar to water that is safe to use as water would.There could be a chance of animals adapting but that takes millions of years to happen.Do you think that there could be a chance for animals, or even human beings, to adapt and evolve to a world without water?

jeffli...@gmail.com

Feb 7, 2012, 5:48:09 PM2/7/12
to mla-...@googlegroups.com
GUYS!!! Read discussion before posting. You get no points if you do not add anything new. Maybe answer someone's question instead of going to the overdone original. Unless you have a new angle

Victoria Gayarre

Feb 7, 2012, 8:51:49 PM2/7/12
to mla-...@googlegroups.com
If water didnt exist the earth would be a bare planet. There would be no people, no plants,  no animals all living creatures would die in desperation of water. The earth would be much like a desert very sandy and hot, there would be alot of greenhouse gases covering the earth. Do you think anyone would be able to survive?;)

Victoria Gayarre

Feb 7, 2012, 9:01:27 PM2/7/12
to mla-...@googlegroups.com
Thats something i didnt think of when i posted my responce, i never even thought of microorganisms and bacteria, thats a great thing to think about but even them how would they survive if all that will most probably remain on earth is sand? Also with all the greenhouse gases why would places remain frigid?

Victoria Gayarre

Feb 7, 2012, 9:11:06 PM2/7/12
to mla-...@googlegroups.com
Melany i do not believe there would be a chance for any living creatures to survive. I do not know a way we could possibly live without water, the plants would die and animals will not have anything to eat and if so what would we eat i believe we would have to fight for our lives but in the end i do not believe anyone will be able to survive. Gillian states in her belief that microorganisms and bacteria will be able to survive but even if so that would not matter in the end because even if they did survive we would not be able to depend our lives on them. This is a tragic topic but this is what i believe would happen if there was no water.:l

Raul Gonzalez :p

Feb 9, 2012, 8:04:58 AM2/9/12
to mla-...@googlegroups.com
@Victoria Gayarre No i dont think  anybody or anything really can survive without water. What i was thinking is that  maybe you'll be able to find Oranges or any  other type of fruit that contains water , atleast you'll be able to find a little  water/energy to survive a bit longer. But then again how would they grow without water. Furthermore  so  far i country has found that  Mars  has water on top of its planet , now    i havent   heard of any  time  of life forms  that have been found. What ever is the result to this mission would answer all our questions about this topic. As of now i havent seen or heard that in any other planet  that has no water  had any type of life forms living on it .Do you  think humans would be able to survive with other resoources ? :)

lorena hernandez

Feb 9, 2012, 11:58:53 AM2/9/12
to mla-...@googlegroups.com
Raul is right if we didnt  have water we wouldn't survive and not only us but the whole planet would go dry and by the way you forgot to capitalise the "i" .Also all the living organisms like animals,plants and humans woud seize to exist.We humans can't live without water for long and for us to grow food and power our hoses need water.Honestly I think that water is a very impportant source to the planet and to all the things that live in it.What do you think?

Triana, Fabiana

Feb 11, 2012, 12:53:52 PM2/11/12
to MLA-LIMA
Lorena you are so right but what if humans are able to survive without
water how wuld are life conditions change.

Valerie Del Rey ;3

Feb 12, 2012, 11:02:15 AM2/12/12
to mla-...@googlegroups.com
I know I already commented on this, but, Ethan. Did you noticing that you did a spelling grammar ? Hint: second to last sentence.

Sara Jimenez

Feb 12, 2012, 8:07:56 PM2/12/12
to MLA-LIMA
wow if water did not exist it would be terrible in every single way
that anyone can imagine. water help us keep alive. we need it to
drink our body need water to keep fresh. also for cooking even if you
don't think about it we cook with water. also for beauty, we wash our
teeth and take showers and wash hair if we did not have water we will
smell terrible and look bad. also it would ruin the economy of many
places, imagine Hawaii it economy is base on tourism because of the
beaches and if water did not exist no one would go to visit it. and
many animals would not exist because they would had no where to live.
the world would have terrible weathers having very hot days and cold
night. we wont have plants either because they need water so we wont
have vegetables. the land would be very dry. so a resume is
NO WATER = NO LIFE

Grace

Feb 13, 2012, 7:52:05 AM2/13/12
to MLA-LIMA
I totally agree with you. I believe water is esential for us humans.
We need it in our everyday life. Like you said, we clean with water,
we drink water, and many other activities of our daily life that
consists with water. Water composes 70% of the earth's surface.Also,
water is very important because it has many nutrients and minerals.

Daniel Avello

Mar 2, 2012, 3:17:50 PM3/2/12
to MLA-LIMA
I believe if water did not exist, many things on earth would be
unstable.

For one, humans are made up of some percentage of water. Human need
to be able to have water to be able to drink, otherwise it would lead
to dehydration which would then lead to death.

Another key reason why water is important is because of the things
that would die without water. Plants need water to grow. without
plants that go through photosynthesis, there would be less and less
oxygen for humans and animals to breath. so for the lucky few
organisms that survived without drinking water, the lack of oxygen
would surely kill them.

The earth is also mostly made out of water. Without oceans, seas,
rivers, etc., there would not be any type of marine life which would
cause a great disturbance in the food change. Also oceans help reflect
heat out of the earth, so the earth would be considerably much more
warmer.

All in all, the world would not be a great place to live in without
water.

Jorge Calderin

Mar 2, 2012, 7:14:06 PM3/2/12
to mla-...@googlegroups.com

Well, in my opinion it wouldn't be a good thing having no water, there are many reasons. First of all are weather rely's on water, without of it most of the place would be desert ecosystem like many people have stated. Second of all 70% of all are bodies are made up over water, so if that percentage wasn't their what will fill that space up? Third of all if there wasn't any water their wouldn't be any place for the fish to live ; and Finally many of our body functions run of water so... yea we need water

Mendez, Alexandra

Mar 4, 2012, 8:28:10 PM3/4/12
to mla-...@googlegroups.com
@Fabiana In the first sentence I think you meant ^ an ocean. Also in the fourth sentence "thirst" and "exist". Also I think the last question can be restated as : What do you think would happen if water didn't exist?

Message has been deleted

Jackie Lopez

Mar 10, 2012, 10:32:21 AM3/10/12
to mla-...@googlegroups.com

If there wasn't any water, barely anything would be on this planet. So many things rely on water, and earth would be a really dry desert with no living things. It would be devoid of any life and really empty. That would be really sad. And there'd obviously be a lot of changes in temperature.

Felipe :3

Mar 10, 2012, 10:56:55 AM3/10/12
to MLA-LIMA
Jennifer, i don't really think there are any other resources available
for us humans to drink if there is no water on earth. Without oceans
the whole marine life would die, earth will end up like Venus because
since there is no ocean, all the greenhouse gases are forced to be in
our atmosphere. I think that earth without water wouldn't even last a
week without it. I guess scientists would have to create a new liquid
to satisfy humans need for water, which is pretty unlikely to happen.
I guess if we get a warning that gives us a year before we run out of
water, we can use the process of desalination to take all the salt
from the oceans and make it pure water so we can survive another year.
Water is not a luxury, its a resource we have to value. And people
these days don't. The question would be, when do you think earth would
run out of water?