I cannot stop the runtime error message popping up every 5 seconds

Roger Perrett

Feb 7, 2015, 1:31:28 AM2/7/15
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
I am trying to figure out how to display the time elapsed for a game.

Before I get to finish putting my blocks together, this message appears and I cannot get rid of it.

Runtime Error
The operation Second cannot accept the arguments: text
Note: You will not see another error reported for 5 seconds.

I want to spend my time thinking  - not clicking dismiss constantly.

I have tried clicking the button down the bottom that either says "Hide Warnings" or "Show Warnings" but it makes no difference at all.

How can I get rid of this message, or at least change the time from 5 seconds to say 1 minute?

Enis

Feb 7, 2015, 2:50:22 AM2/7/15
Hi Roger... You can only use instants with the time blocks, not text blocks or values.

Hide or Show warnings actually show errors in block sets... If the button says Hide Warnigns, they're actually showing and you'll see yellow triangles in the upper left hand corner of an offending block.  Those Hide/Show things have nothing to do with "bypassing" errors in your code... when there's something missing, the yellow triangle will show you where something's missing.

In addition, you're spending your time clicking dismiss constantly because you're making silly errors.  If you hover your mouse over any block, you'll get a tooltip of what that block does and how it works. If that tooltip doesn't make things clear, you can always read the docs for that component which will in many cases be more explanatory.

Roger Perrett

Feb 7, 2015, 5:17:13 AM2/7/15
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
thanks for your reply. So the pop up that I have to dismiss has nothing to do with Hide or Show Warnings. I will have to learn more about the timer and how to make it display the time in a label.

Roger Perrett

Feb 7, 2015, 6:29:01 AM2/7/15
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
I got it all working now!