how to manage "Cannot parse text argument to 'list from csv row'...." error

Pablo Zjaria

Aug 3, 2015, 11:08:35 AM8/3/15
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi,
I have an app that fill a List Picker with the result of a query against a Fusion Table. If everything gone ok I save the result in a tinydb in case next time I didn't receive data. In this case, when the the query gets 0 rows (due to the fusion table has no data or there are an internet error) I use the list stored in a tinydb to populate the List Picker.
I have this problem: when I receive 0 rows I get the error "how to manage "Cannot parse text argument to 'list from csv row'...." and the system force me to exit application
Is there any way to manage the error?

List picker error.png

Taifun

Aug 3, 2015, 11:45:18 AM8/3/15
to MIT App Inventor Forum
do you select several columns from the table?
my guess is yes, because you use a "step by 2" in the for loop?

remove the replace all block and use the list from csv table block to convert the result into a list of lists instead
if you do not like the header row, just delete the first row using the remove list item block
Taifun

Trying to push the limits of App Inventor! Snippets and Tutorials from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.