Difference between MIT app inventor2 beta and Thunkable.com?

Assigned to weihua...@gmail.com by taifu...@gmail.com

HeyMyBrother ZeN

Feb 29, 2016, 8:44:42 AM2/29/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Difference between MIT app inventor2 beta and Thunkable.com?

Ghica

Feb 29, 2016, 10:54:51 AM2/29/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I think you should ask the Tunkable guys. I would like to know too!
Cheers, Ghica

weihuali0509

Feb 29, 2016, 7:57:39 PM2/29/16
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Here are some differences:

-Chat support if you have problems with your app: we have people on our website's chat and on email ready to answer your questions.

-Material design: If you move your apps over to Thunkable (or make new apps), they will look much prettier on an Android device than your App Inventor app looks, with no extra effort. Try it out!

-Google maps integration: If you look at the visualization section of the palette you will see the new google maps component.Here is a tutorial video on using it.

-More app templates: The sample apps/templates are here-http://thunkable.com/explore/sample-apps.html

Taifun

Feb 29, 2016, 8:29:39 PM2/29/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum
-Actual human support if you have problems with your app: we have people on our website's chat and on email ready to answer your questions.
which means, the power users supporting MIT App Inventor actually are bots? ;-)
All the best and good luck with your project!
Taifun

Peter Mathijssen

Feb 29, 2016, 10:24:20 PM2/29/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum
-Material design: If you move your apps over to Thunkable (or make new apps), they will look much prettier on an Android device than your App Inventor app looks, with no extra effort. Try it out!

This is because Thunkable apps only work for Android 4 and up. App Inventor apps still work from Android 1.6 and up.

Italo

Feb 29, 2016, 11:01:03 PM2/29/16
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
I really doubt that the "human support" will be better than this forum. Just saying...
We "robots" are way smarter than humans ;-)

Scott Ferguson

Mar 1, 2016, 8:42:20 AM3/1/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I believe that Thunkable's user base may attract more experienced users so they may not need the level of support that we provide in this forum.
I also believe it has the potential for creating a greater variety of apps as their focus need not be on education.
---

Peter Mathijssen

Mar 6, 2016, 8:21:10 AM3/6/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum

Scott Ferguson

Mar 6, 2016, 8:44:12 AM3/6/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Great article.
As Hal Abelson pointed out recently, the MITAI user base is growing.
---