error 601 "no corresponding activity was found" android.intent.action.View

Assigned to kkas...@gmail.com by taifu...@gmail.com

Carla Caribe

Oct 30, 2014, 6:57:35 AM10/30/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

I know that there is a lot of questions into the forum about this argument, but my problem is a little different.

I download the Tutorial App Mapit_MIT from appinventor site, and I took off all the buttons that I didn't need. And I left just the button My location on the map, that are like this:

with this blocks only

It works perfect, and I see my current location when I hit the button. Now if I try to rewrite this app, the 601error occurs, and I really don't know why?

Thanks for any help.

Carla.

P.S. I attach the two .aia projects (Mappa-doesn't work) (MapIt_MIT works)

MapIt_MIT (2).aia
mappa.aia

Taifun

Oct 30, 2014, 11:51:20 AM10/30/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
use Do it to debug your blocks
in your case what is the value of LocationSensor.CurrentAddress?
Taifun

Trying to push the limits of App Inventor! Snippets and Tutorials from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

Carla Caribe

Oct 31, 2014, 4:37:23 AM10/31/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Using Do it shows me the same error. Did you try to download both project? Could you please try if the same error occurs with you?
This is the screen shot after Do it

Carla Caribe

Oct 31, 2014, 4:58:35 AM10/31/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
SOLVED!!!
I just put this value with:
Action : android.intent.action.VIEW
ActivityClass: com.google.android.maps.MapsActivity
ActivityPackage: com.google.android.apps.maps

and now it works.
THank you everyone

Boxxnturtle

Nov 7, 2019, 6:33:33 AM11/7/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
So i'm having the same problem as you just except my link is to an excel sheet from Microsoft. How did you find out what you needed to put for activity class and activity package?