No Tablet Support

eric

Feb 16, 2012, 6:27:14 PM2/16/12
to mit-appinv...@googlegroups.com
Sad, I kind of expected this to be included now, but it is not. I cant make any apps to fit my tablet without having them super blown up and distorted. Also the user interface is still horrible, there is almost no simplicity to it. If you are going to go through the work to make a cruddy app with this why not just learn java and program anything you could imagine.

in...@stepwisemedia.com

Feb 16, 2012, 7:46:23 PM2/16/12
to mit-appinventor-jars
Funny.

Try teaching a fourth-eighth grade computer class how to build an app
with Eclipse...make sure that you spend the first 3 months discussing
inheritance, encapsulation and polymorphism with high level OOP
languages like Java.

Then...show them how they can build an app with app inventor...that's
where you'll find the answer.

Google "Scratch"

James Hancock

Feb 17, 2012, 5:28:58 PM2/17/12
to mit-appinv...@googlegroups.com
The tablet support was around for a small period of time last year, but shifting to it suddenly caused problems for smaller screened apps, or apps running on smaller screens . I've heard a rumour it's coming back but getting the new MITserver going is their main priority at the moment..
As for the why not just learn Java,  why not learn astrophysics and build a universe, I'm not being cheeky, Java is faster etc and yes has the full sdk but if you want to be able to make a simple app, or demonstrate an idea to someone without having to be a programmer, this is the tool. Plus it helps you learn a bit about programming basics. However appinventor has gone through some significant changes in the 2.5 years Ive been lucky enough to use it for. The team are amazing and the community here offer guidance and forum support that is quite frankly too good to be free.
Why can't you make a simple user interface ? Have you checked out all the resource sites ?
 .

Gary Frederick

Feb 18, 2012, 4:11:13 AM2/18/12
to mit-appinv...@googlegroups.com
James

There are resource sites? Where? :-)

eric

Somethings to read while you wait for App Inventor to include tablet support.

  The proprietor said that the patrons included "at least a dozen old fellows who come here every day, take one fifteen cent drink, eat a dinner which would have cost them $1 in a restaurant, and then complain that the beef is tough or the potatoes watery."

FREE LUNCH article look at the date it was written, some things never change

mmm
lunch

Bennett Brown

Oct 10, 2012, 1:27:47 PM10/10/12