New information on the previous post

dvers...@gmail.com

Jan 29, 2017, 9:23:19 AM1/29/17
to Mistserver.org
This is the html information from the website host.:

  • HTML Code Limitations

  • Code within the HTML element is displayed on your live site within a sandboxed iframe. Using a sandbox protects visitors to Wix sites from potential side-effects of custom HTML/JS/CSS code.
  • Usually, a sandboxed iframe blocks the following:
    • Using Browser APIs
    • Automatically triggered features (such as automatically playing a video or automatically focusing a form control)

Does any of this apply?

Jaron Viëtor

Jan 29, 2017, 1:25:53 PM1/29/17
to mists...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Yes, this most likely is (part of) the problem.
You could try linking directly to the .html link of the stream (it's listed on the embed page). This method of linking/including is the most forgiving of limitations imposed by the website.
Also, make sure not to link to "localhost" but use the address that is reachable for people from the outside.

Regards,
Jaron Viëtor
CTO, DDVTech

dvers...@gmail.com

Jan 29, 2017, 7:10:48 PM1/29/17
to Mistserver.org
Thanks for getting back to me so soon.  I've been working on this all afternoon.  No luck.  I tried what you suggested.  In the meantime, I'm waiting for the web hosting to get back to me.  I'm going to try another workaround.

Balder Vietor

Jan 30, 2017, 11:04:10 AM1/30/17
to mists...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

In the hope to give some good suggestions:

-  Is there a possibility to add a video and use the direct link from MistServer as source? The .mp4 out from MistServer will probably work best. You can find it at the bottom of the embed page.
- Alternatively you can add a link to the HTML page, this will redirect your visitors directly to MistServer. It does mean the video is not embedded on your website however.

The problem with these web hosting programs is that they usually disallow embeddable code like this out of security reasons. If you do get an answer from them what they do and do not allow we can see what we can change to help out though.

With kind regards,

Balder Viëtor
Product Management & Head of testing

dvers...@gmail.com

Jan 30, 2017, 1:34:54 PM1/30/17
to Mistserver.org
I'll try the first suggestion.

dvers...@gmail.com

Jan 30, 2017, 1:50:46 PM1/30/17
to Mistserver.org
There's a 5 GB limited on the first suggestion.  Waiting on tech support.

Balder Vietor

Jan 31, 2017, 4:03:38 AM1/31/17
to mists...@googlegroups.com
There's probably some confusion. With the first suggestion I meant you input the file in MistServer and use the output url for MP4 to insert in your website through their "add video" option. That should work like a stream from an outside source, so a 5 GB limit or any other sizing limit shouldn't be triggered.

As an example: You'll need to be running MistServer and have created a video stream for your website to use. For the sake of this example i'll call it "myvideo". The address you'd have to input should be something like this:

Where IP is the IP address of the device running MistServer.

With kind regards,

Balder Viëtor
Product Management & Head of testing

dvers...@gmail.com

Jan 31, 2017, 2:50:21 PM1/31/17
to Mistserver.org
Well, I have replaced localhost with various ip addresses and none seem to work.  I have surmised that it is the location of the file.  I arrived at this conclusion because I did what you suggested before I knew about mistserver on another video and it worked seamlessly.  All I did was copy and paste and the video embedded with no problems.  We are a small television network that would like to broadcast our lineup (which right now is one day a week), but at this point I don't know what the answer is.

Balder Vietor

Feb 2, 2017, 4:04:01 AM2/2/17
to mists...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for the wait: I've looked around in Wix and I think I might've spotted the problem.

The video that worked before, was that by any chance a video file? From what it looks like Wix doesn't support any video unless they're uploaded to Wix itself, meaning live streaming is impossible when using Wix. On demand streaming should work however, but only through Wix, which limits you to using the format the file already has (as in MP4 files will only be available as MP4 files and so on).

From what I can find they're saying it "might" be possible by embedding an HTML script that loads the video, which is what our embed code should do. In our experience however webkits like Wix tend to block or change most of the HTML scripts which would end up with the stream not working.

The bare minimums you need in HTML for the embed code to work are:

HTML tags
- full <video> tag support or <iframe> tag support
- <object> tag support (for flash protocols)
- <embed> tag support (for flash protocols)

Cross domain access to the address and ports
- Cross domain access to the server that is running MistServer; both address and ports (The address is where Wix can find MistServer over network, the default ports are: 1935 (RTMP), 8080 (HTTP), set at the protocols window).
Do note that if they're running on the same server the access might still be blocked, be sure to check any firewalls or other restrictions you might have.

The best option would be to have the full embed code working, which requires Javascript as well.

Javascript
- Element creation without restrictions

If you could ask the Wix support team how to enable these features for a single page, or where necessary the whole server/website,  you shouldn't have any problems.