raspberry login

thanasis rizos

Nov 10, 2014, 9:33:02 AM11/10/14
to mists...@googlegroups.com
Hello there, i just burned thw image for the raspberry but the default login detail of the raspbian don't work. So what are the login details . Also what to do next to make it work with a usb camera? instal ffmpeg?

Thank you in advance

Balder Vietor

Nov 11, 2014, 8:39:55 AM11/11/14
to mists...@googlegroups.com
Hello Rizos,

It's not a raspbian but an arch linux login, we left both the account and the password at root, so you should be able to get in with:

root / root

If you want to make MistServer work with an usb camera you'll probably want to use ffmpeg with dshow again.

I'll also get you the answer you've been waiting for in your other mail tomorrow, again my apologies for the long wait.

With kind regards,

Balder Viëtor
Product Management & Head of testing

Amphoraweg 5
2332ED Leiden
The Netherlands
mistserver.org
ddvtech.com
+31 10 8080 619 (NL)
+1 408 677 5212 (USA)

On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 3:33 PM, thanasis rizos <than....@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello there, i just burned thw image for the raspberry but the default login detail of the raspbian don't work. So what are the login details . Also what to do next to make it work with a usb camera? instal ffmpeg?

Thank you in advance

thanasis rizos

Nov 11, 2014, 9:10:44 AM11/11/14
to mists...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much. I really look forward to it.
As for archlinux, I managed to find that it was root ! :) . I installed the xfce4 , sudo, vlc, mozilla and ffmpeg. Also i opened http://localhost:4242 . I set up a new stream but of course it couldn;t find it. How should i proceed now?

what is the command for ffmpeg now so as to set the     stream active?

thanasis rizos

Nov 12, 2014, 4:43:42 AM11/12/14
to mists...@googlegroups.com
I have managed to set ffmpeg and start streaming, but every time i try this the raspberry freezes. Should i remove all desktops etc, and do this only via terminal ?

thanasis rizos

Nov 12, 2014, 4:50:44 AM11/12/14
to mists...@googlegroups.com
and if i do so how should i use misterver then which is a browser window?

Balder Vietor

Nov 12, 2014, 8:00:41 AM11/12/14
to mists...@googlegroups.com
Hello Rizos,

Thank you you for your patience.

I'm not exactly sure what you're trying now. Are you still trying to use a camera connected to the raspberry or are you using a VoD file not present on your Raspberry?

Is your camera connected to your raspberry for a reason? If not i'd suggest looking up the ip address of your raspberry running MistServer and use your desktop to push the camera stream towards the proper rtmp://Raspberry_url/live/streamname

If you have your camera connected to your raspberry for a reason you should be able to run it all from the raspberry, but do note that a raspberry will probably not have the power to encode a stream. Simply copying codecs should be okay, but actually encoding on a raspberry is hard use of resource. The freezing you're experiencing is probably your raspberry being saturated with the encoding alone. So if you do need your camera connected to your raspberry make sure you have a camera that can output in H264 and MP3/AAC. You should be able to -acodec -vcodec copy then.

As for MistServer: you can use any browser to get the to the interface of MistServer, but mistserver itself is not the browser window, it's just a door to the MistServer so you can use direct API calls to interface with MistServer but using a browser should barely take any CPU/MEM so you should be okay with a browser.

I'm now going to check on the sample you've send.

With kind regards,

Balder Viëtor
Product Management & Head of testing

Amphoraweg 5
2332ED Leiden
The Netherlands
mistserver.org
ddvtech.com
+31 10 8080 619 (NL)
+1 408 677 5212 (USA)

thanasis rizos

Nov 19, 2014, 6:28:37 AM11/19/14
to mists...@googlegroups.com
Hello again, I have managed to see a flv video into my lan as 192.168.1.121:8080/test.flv, using the archlinux image of misterver for raspberryPi.
How can I see it from another computer outside this netowrk so to stream worlwide?

thanasis rizos

Nov 19, 2014, 6:50:48 AM11/19/14
to mists...@googlegroups.com
Also i would like to know what are the stream number limits for mistserver and mistserver pro.
I want to reach the amount of 500.

Balder Vietor

Nov 20, 2014, 3:33:38 AM11/20/14
to mists...@googlegroups.com
Hello Rizos,

To host your video to outsiders of your network you'll need either use port forwarding or exposing your pc (i'd recommend using port forwarding as exposing your PC usually is a bad idea). The internet has a lot of information available so you should be able to work it out. It's best to find this on your own as how you should forward your ports is dependant on the router you're using. Most routers have a interface in which you can easily adjust the settings. If you'd want to use the HTTP protocols you'll need port 8080 forwarded (or if you change the port another number forward that number) if you want to use RTMP forward 1935 (or the portnumber you've set for RTMP) as well.

As for the stream number limits: There's none except for the hardware of your pc for either version. So if the machine you're using can handle 500 streams you can, a raspberry Pi can handle about 70-100Mb/s traffic, so you'll need to adjust video bitrates accordingly. I would be more worried about your network/network card limits than other limits however.