rtmp livestream

ahmed hussain

Apr 16, 2015, 3:51:58 AM4/16/15
to mists...@googlegroups.com
Hello friend's i'm trying to connect mist server live stream since 2 days.
 but i'm unable to connect it. Tell me one thing this "ffmpeg" is it so essential to connect it, explain me where exactly i have to put this command "ffmpeg".

Balder Vietor

Apr 16, 2015, 5:05:10 AM4/16/15
to mists...@googlegroups.com
Hello Ahmed,

ffmpeg isn't essential to MistServer, it's our preferred way of pushing a live stream to MistServer as it allows for the greatest control while pushing.

The ffmpeg command works in any console, but you'll need to know what you're using as an input or output. Example: You've got a MistServer at address: 192.168.155.82 with a live stream called "webcam" and you'd like to stream an RTSP camera using H264/AAC codecs with 192.168.155.282 as address you'd the following command:

ffmpeg -i rtsp://192.168.155.282 -acodec copy -vcodec copy -f flv rtmp://192.168.155.82/live/webcam

I'm afraid I can't really help you further than this unless I know at what step you're stuck. Do you get any error messages you can share?

With kind regards,

Balder Viëtor
Product Management & Head of testing

Amphoraweg 5