How to add RTSP Stream to Mistserver

Chris Pastalidis

Feb 27, 2018, 4:07:25 PM2/27/18
to Mistserver.org
Hello, I am trying on PRO Version to add a RTSP Stream from Web Interface but without any result.

I'm trying to add RTSP stream from different ip cameras (Hikvision)

The RTSP URL for Hikvision is
 ex. rtsp://user:password@domain:port/streaming/channels/1
rtsp://user:password@domain:port/hls/live/stream.m3u8
rtsp://user:password@domain:port/live.sdp

these are three different ways of rtsp url from Hikvision.

So can you help me how to stream from the IP cameras because I tried to add a Stream and I can not preview the stream (error)

opened H264 protocol and rtsp protocol also

23:05:28MistInRTSP3556Could not setup track video_H264_2688x1520_15fps!
23:05:56MistInRTSP3805Could not setup track video_H264_2688x1520_15fps!

Balder Vietor

Feb 28, 2018, 6:11:38 AM2/28/18
to mists...@googlegroups.com
Hello Chris,

The correct RTSP URL (to use with MistServer) should be:
rtsp://user:password@domain:port/streaming/channels/1

The second URL: rtsp://user:password@domain:port/hls/live/stream.m3u8
Could possibly work if you change it to: http://user:password@domain:port/hls/live/stream.m3u8 as that should use MistServers HLS input, as far as I'm aware you cannot send a HLS stream over RTSP, so it probably should've started with HTTP.

Though we have noticed (and fixed) an issue with some RTSP cameras not being able to handle url decoding on special characters. Which is fixed in our development branches, I'll send our stable development branch your way, that will probably help with the first RTSP url.

If that doesn't work please let me know, we'd be happy to help you get the stream working.

With kind regards,

Balder Viëtor
Head of Testing

Chris Pastalidis

Feb 28, 2018, 6:26:15 AM2/28/18
to Mistserver.org
Thank you very much I will try it in a few hours

Kind regards Chris

Chris Pastalidis

Feb 28, 2018, 11:51:46 AM2/28/18
to Mistserver.org
Everything is working very well!

Thanks a lot!

Balder Vietor

Feb 28, 2018, 1:39:49 PM2/28/18
to mists...@googlegroups.com
Glad to hear it and thanks for reporting back!

If you run into any other difficulty don't hesitate to contact us again.

With kind regards,

Balder Viëtor
Head of Testing