How to install mistserver on debian7 or 8?

Amit

Jun 10, 2015, 8:28:18 AM6/10/15
to mists...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Can someome please post the command line steps to install and run miststerver?

I am not able to install :(

Balder Vietor

Jun 10, 2015, 10:35:50 AM6/10/15
to mists...@googlegroups.com
Hello Amit,

It depends on how you'd like to use MistServer, simply installing it is nothing more than extracting the files from the download (http://mistserver.org/wiki/Downloads) into a folder and booting the MistController. Any settings will be saved in the folder you've booted MistServer from in a config.json.

If you'd like to run MistServer as a service you'll have to extract the files into the /usr/bin/ folder as separate files and place the service or init file found at our Github (https://github.com/DDVTECH/DMS) or that I've included at the proper location depending on your OS.

If I'm not mistaken Debian should be using systemd, so you'll need the .init file and place it in the /etc/init.d/ folder.

Afterwards you should be able to use MistServer with the following commands:

service mistserver start
service mistserver stop

I'd like to ask you to double check the commands and the init/service file to see if they work for you and your system, as some systems change/update the way they handle services I can't be too sure they will work for you.

With kind regards,

Balder Viëtor
Product Management & Head of testing

Amphoraweg 5
2332ED Leiden
The Netherlands
mistserver.org
ddvtech.com
+31 10 8080 619 (NL)
+1 408 677 5212 (USA)

mistserver.init
mistserver.service

MidgetCoach

Jun 17, 2015, 8:07:52 AM6/17/15
to mists...@googlegroups.com
The OS on the server running Mist is Ubuntu 14.1 . I run the server headless and use webmin to access it.  Here is how I load Mist.
Load the compressed Mist file to the server with FTP to the folder I want to run mist from ( etc/usr/local/ ).
Login to server with webmin and go to the folder with Mist ( use; others-File Manger- to the folder tree).
Find the compressed Mist file and run "extract" with webmin.
Go to the "Command Shell"  in webmin and type " etc/usr/local" to change to the folder containing Mist.
Then type "./MistController "
Close webmin and open a browser, type http://192.168.1.108 (local address) :4242
Enter and you should see Mist ready to login . This is how I found it easiest on my system.