Mises.org now SPDY enabled

David Veksler

Aug 2, 2012, 10:46:48 PM8/2/12
to MisesTech, Mises.org Development
Mises.org now uses SPDY, a new protocol from Google that enhances HTTP. SPDY is only enabled over SSL for now.

In short, it means that you view Mises.org over SSL, it is about 50% faster.

Inline image 1

---
Regards,
David Veksler
+86 186 168 73407

image.png

Stephen Gream

Aug 2, 2012, 10:52:53 PM8/2/12
to mise...@googlegroups.com, MisesTech
That's interesting. I've read a few articles which are critical of the actual benefits of SPDY, but it'll be interesting to see what it does under load and such on a production system :)
image.png

David Veksler

Aug 2, 2012, 10:56:45 PM8/2/12
to mise...@googlegroups.com
One of the main criticisms is that current websites are not designed for it - for example, they split up content over many hosts.  Which is not really a criticism of the protocol itself.  Of course I can modify the design of Mises.org, but I have the limitation that most traffic is still coming over HTTP, so I have to optimize for that.

How radical would it be to make Mises.org use SSL by default?

---
Regards,
David Veksler
+86 186 168 73407

image.png

Stephen Gream

Aug 2, 2012, 11:06:50 PM8/2/12
to mise...@googlegroups.com
This is true. As I said, it's definitely going to be interesting to see how this affects design decisions and load balancing, looking forward to future discussions
image.png