ne1 know how to by-passing the speed limiter sensor?

Pat Durkin

Aug 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/28/98
Jesse wrote:

> Does any one know how to by-passing the speed limiter sensor on the
> transmission to make the truck run faster?
> I have heard that ya can run a wire to the panel light dimmer switch.

Yeah, that's it. Do it.

Jesse

Aug 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/29/98

GreenKing8

Aug 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/29/98
I have to agree , just pull the fuse , still i don't have to that any more , i
have given up long distance work and now drive a 8 wheel tipper
and i wish i had made the change years ago i sleep every night in my own bed
and i love it !!! greetings from jerry, aka greenking8
from bury-st-edmunds suffolk england

TOMBERGSTR

Aug 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/29/98
I have HEARD but have no first hand knowledge . I was told to
ground the wire to the transmission . It seems easy if all you need do is use a
jumper clip . Can be removed quickly and easily .

Ckrepp

Aug 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/30/98
>Subject: ne1 know how to by-passing the speed limiter sensor?
>From: None (Jesse)
>Date: 8/28/98 9:11 PM Mountain Daylight Time

>Does any one know how to by-passing the speed limiter sensor on the
>transmission to make the truck run faster?
>I have heard that ya can run a wire to the panel light dimmer switch.

Maybe you ought to leave it alone, it ain't your truck to be messing with. It
is limited for a reason. Unless you own the truck, you should leave it alone.

Bartenders are Pharmicists with a limited inventory.

Bob Coon

Aug 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/30/98

If your truck has an electronically controlled engine, the speed is
controlled by the engine computer. It reads the speed signal from the
sensor in the tailshaft in the transmission. If you do anything to
disable the signal, the computer will actually reduce your engine power.
The manufacturers have tested all the tricks before releasing the
engines for production. Unless you have an above average understanding
of electronics, you probably can't disable the speed controls.
--
To reply by mail, remove the "X" from my name, and the *NOSPAM* from the
address

Mark Middleton

Aug 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/30/98

.com>...

<35e77043...@news.pipeline.com>

>If your truck has an electronically controlled engine, the speed is
>controlled by the engine computer. It reads the speed signal from the
>sensor in the tailshaft in the transmission. If you do anything to
>disable the signal, the computer will actually reduce your engine power.
>The manufacturers have tested all the tricks before releasing the
>engines for production. Unless you have an above average understanding
>of electronics, you probably can't disable the speed controls.

Some makes of truck will go through the speed limiter if the ignition key is
played with. I.E. turn it off then straight back on again, this will let the
engine surge for 3-5 seconds which will normally be enough to get past the
vehicle you're trying to overtake.
Be careful if you try this at night because some trucks have the lights
wired through the ignition.:-(
Also on some vehicles it doesn't do the alternator any good.:-(

tara chucks

mark

SCHT3

Aug 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/30/98

from mark middelton :>Some makes of truck will go through the speed limiter if
the ignition key
>is<BR>

>played with. I.E. turn it off then straight back on again, this will let
>the<BR>

>engine surge for 3-5 seconds which will normally be enough to get past
>the<BR>
>vehicle you're trying to overtake.<BR>
>Be careful if you try this at night because some trucks have the lights<BR>
>wired through the ignition.:-(<BR>

>Also on some vehicles it doesn't do the alternator any good.

THIS IS ABOUT AS STUPID AS IT GETS,
PLEASE PUT YOUR NAME ON YOUR TRUCK SO ANY NORMAL DRIVER CAN PULL OVER WHEN YOU
DECIDE TO PERFORM THIS TRICK , i know i was raising my voice but is was
justified i think

Jesse

Aug 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/30/98

yea well you must be the stupid one! I know it can be done i know of
two trucks it was done on! and as soon as i see one of the guys again
i am going to ask how they did it, there trucks are the same as my
truck and they can blow my doors off. one of them told me the basics
of it but he just said a wire on the back of the transmission.... well
there are 4 wires white green red and black, i just thought someone
here might know! Since you don't.... shut the fuck up!

SCHT3

Aug 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/30/98
jesse wrote>

was>justified i thinkyea well you must be the stupid one! I know it can be
>done i know oftwo trucks it was done on! and as soon as i see one of the guys
>againi am going to ask how ,bla bla bla, jada jada jada etc whatever

here we go again, an another one who thinks that he needs to drive 85 to make
a decent paycheck . you mabye want to go to a carrier who pays you more than
what you are making now .
those speedcensors are there for a reason , btw what will you tell your boss
when he hooks that computor up at the next oil change, or even better when you
have to tell him that you got a 25 mile over speeding ticket on I -70 in kansas
( for your info no hills )

Vanguard

Aug 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/30/98
And even if you DO own the truck .. you should leave the thing alone. Road
safety is why!

VANGUARD

Vanguard

Aug 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/30/98
Have you forgotten about the steering lock? Also this can cause certain
lights to become inoperative.

VANGUARD

BBenn76027

Aug 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/30/98
i don`t mess with my truck,but something is wrong with it,sometimes the speed
will surge up to 80-85 mph,then the governor catches it and pulls it back down
to 73mph.
also my cruise control is unreliable,i can set it at 65 mph,cruise down
the road and the next time i look i`m doing 70-75 mph.
i told the shop about it,because if i don`t really pay close attention ,i
might get a ticket.
the truck surges with the cruise on or off.
(freightshaker,n-14 with a super 10)

femus

Aug 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/30/98
to Jesse
tHANK YOU

Jesse wrote:

> On 30 Aug 1998 04:55:02 GMT, sc...@aol.com (SCHT3) wrote:
>

> >from mark middelton :>Some makes of truck will go through the speed limiter if
> >the ignition key
> >>is<BR>
> >>played with. I.E. turn it off then straight back on again, this will let
> >>the<BR>
> >>engine surge for 3-5 seconds which will normally be enough to get past
> >>the<BR>
> >>vehicle you're trying to overtake.<BR>
> >>Be careful if you try this at night because some trucks have the lights<BR>
> >>wired through the ignition.:-(<BR>
> >>Also on some vehicles it doesn't do the alternator any good.
> >
> >THIS IS ABOUT AS STUPID AS IT GETS,
> >PLEASE PUT YOUR NAME ON YOUR TRUCK SO ANY NORMAL DRIVER CAN PULL OVER WHEN YOU
> >DECIDE TO PERFORM THIS TRICK , i know i was raising my voice but is was
> >justified i think

> yea well you must be the stupid one! I know it can be done i know of
> two trucks it was done on! and as soon as i see one of the guys again

montana

Aug 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/30/98
you also have to have a complete circuit for it to work-like a running
lite, etc. it does work though

Mark Middleton

Aug 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/30/98

Vanguard wrote in message ...

>Have you forgotten about the steering lock? Also this can cause certain
>lights to become inoperative.
>
>VANGUARD

surely a quick clean overtaking move is much better than two trucks running
side by side for miles on end, this wouldn't be a problem though if drivers
showed a little bit of courtesy to each other and the one in the slow lane
let the gas off for 1-2 seconds.
I've no objection to speed limiters in principal but I do think there should
be an emergency over-ride,just in case.
BTW my firm will sack anyone who tampers with speed limiter so I personally
don't bother.
Ref: steering lock, as i said turn ignition straight back on!:-)
only trying to help with the original question, but i can't see the point in
tampering because i'm paid by the hour!

have a safe one

scruffy

NOSPA...@door.net

Aug 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/30/98

This is really something the people on the ng are always talking about
no respect from the general public and than somebody goes and tries some
thing as stupid as this. Drive the speed limit and sat back and relax.

T. Martin

Aug 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/31/98
On Sat, 29 Aug 1998, SCHT3 wrote:
>from mark middelton :>Some makes of truck will go through the speed limiter if
>the ignition key
>>is<BR>
>>played with. I.E. turn it off then straight back on again, this will let
>>the<BR>
>>engine surge for 3-5 seconds which will normally be enough to get past
>>the<BR>
>>vehicle you're trying to overtake.<BR>
>>Be careful if you try this at night because some trucks have the lights<BR>
>>wired through the ignition.:-(<BR>
>>Also on some vehicles it doesn't do the alternator any good.
>
>THIS IS ABOUT AS STUPID AS IT GETS,
>PLEASE PUT YOUR NAME ON YOUR TRUCK SO ANY NORMAL DRIVER CAN PULL OVER WHEN YOU
>DECIDE TO PERFORM THIS TRICK , i know i was raising my voice but is was

>justified i think

Your very right I feel like this if your Truck doesn't run the way you like it
to get another job where they do run or by your own and quit trying to bypass
govenor.

OH I forget some people (most drivers now days) don't have the expeirence
or the talent to drive a real truck.

The 600 Cummins we just got in sure run good.
Just remember that anything smaller than a 400 belongs in a dumptruck and not a
class 8 vehicle.

T. Martin

Aug 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/31/98
On Sun, 30 Aug 1998, None wrote:
>On 30 Aug 1998 04:55:02 GMT, sc...@aol.com (SCHT3) wrote:
>

>here might know! Since you don't.... shut the fuck up!

Stupid is as stupid does. and you just showed your real intelect with the
vulgarity. No wonder you drive a truck I bet your just as bad on the CB

Calling ALL Politicians PLEASE BAN CB RADIOS so we can get some
decency back on the highways and the 40 year old juvinile's that forget it's
a privilage and not a right get their perspectives in order.

BTW all flames are sent straight to /dev/null by the filter so save your time
and do something constuctive like counting the dotted lines in the Interstate.

GreenKing8

Aug 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/31/98
The 600 Cummins we just got in sure run good.
Just remember that anything smaller than a 400 belongs in a dumptruck
well i see what you mean , but , here in the uk 320 is about average for a
tractor and for the test each year the pump is turned down to cut down on
smoke (big cats are a real problem and thirsty too! ) here the speed is
limited to 55mph part for economy part safety
derv is about $5.00 a gal here at that price
a 1 mpg difference is big money at the end of the year , but , and there is
always a but you
need to bypass the limiter to get round or get home friday night if my limiter
was set at 70 mph i would not bother but 55 send me to sleep by the way the
ing key trick works with
SOME scanias
drive safe regards jerry

Carol English

Sep 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/1/98
..hehehehe!!!!

montana <mon...@carolina.net> wrote in article
<35e7c...@208.218.14.44>...
> that has to be a Swift driver

tru...@webtv.net

Sep 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/1/98
I fyou are driving fo a major company you will get fired for tampering
with their truck like that. Besides most of the answers you will get are
from drivers not mechanics or engineers.

R.Allan Dodds

Sep 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/3/98
In article <6saiej$n38$1...@roch.zetnet.co.uk>, Mark Middleton
<markmi...@zetnet.co.uk> writes

>Some makes of truck will go through the speed limiter if the ignition key is
>played with. I.E. turn it off then straight back on again, this will let the
>engine surge for 3-5 seconds which will normally be enough to get past the
>vehicle you're trying to overtake.
>Be careful if you try this at night because some trucks have the lights
>wired through the ignition.:-(
>Also on some vehicles it doesn't do the alternator any good.:-(

This is a dangerous trick to play. Turning off the key on a lot of
trucks nowadays kills the engine and the power steering will go off just
when you will need to use it. On *all* vehicles it doesn't do the
alternator any good, to say nothing of using a "3-5 second" burst of
speed to pass somebody, then pull in front of him as you are slowing
down. I'd like to see your truck, it must be some tool if it can pass
another truck in 5 seconds when you are both on the speed limiter.
--
Allan

U.K. Amateur Radio Operator G7UZW

Mark Morissette

Sep 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/4/98
>This is a dangerous trick to play. Turning off the key on a lot of
>trucks nowadays kills the engine and the power steering will go off just
>when you will need to use it. On *all* vehicles it doesn't do the

It will have no effect at all on either the engine or the power
steering, as long as you don't clutch it.

All that will happen by turning the key off while driving is that the
engine computer will go down, and consequently the injectors will stop
firing. Turn the key back on, the engine computer will fire up &
start injecting fuel again, and the engine starts producing HP.

Not suggesting it, just commenting on it.

As for the orignal post on how to bypass or defeat the governer, well,
probably a waste of time unless it's an older truck with the first
generation electronic engines.. The newer ones have so many
safeguards built in to keep the speed in check, that it's nearly
impossible. If you manage to get by one, the other shortly thereafter
kicks in and drops the speed back anyways, sometimes to a point below
where your actual governer was set to begin wtih!

I know on some of our older 94 Shakers with Detroit's DDEC2 computers,
the drivers discovered that doing the old 'turn the key off and back
on again' trick would bring them about an extra 8 or so MPH, but it
wasn't very long before the company discovered the same and fixed the
problem.

As well, dont' forget that the engine computer usually records average
speed and engine RPM, as well as average fuel milage. If it's a fleet
truck, your company will find out real quickly when they recall your
computers stats at the next service.. And that's probably not going
to be a good thing.

---
Mark
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
ICQ 17308959

Pat Durkin

Sep 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/4/98
> As well, dont' forget that the engine computer usually records average
> speed and engine RPM, as well as average fuel milage. If it's a fleet
> truck, your company will find out real quickly when they recall your
> computers stats at the next service.. And that's probably not going
> to be a good thing.
>
> ---
> Mark

Mark Morisette is 100% right on this one. When the question was first
posted a few days ago (by an obvious newbie) I sarcastically remarked
something like "Yeah! Go ahead. Do it!" or some such, knowing all the
while what a mess this guy was about to get himself into.

Now the sarcasm is gone. Read this and believe it, rookies: THOSE
ENGINE COMPUTERS ARE TATTLE-TALES AND YOU'LL NEVER BE ABLE TO KEEP THIS
ACTION A SECRET! Understand? If you don't, prepare to begin looking
for another job you idiot.

Pat

Vanguard

Sep 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/5/98
Sorry Mark, I didn't mean it to sound like an attack. I just don't think
that we can guarantee not to catch that second click if you turn the key off
... you could hit a bump or something.

The thought TERRIFIES me and I hope it will frighten everyone else reading
this.

Drive safe .....

VANGUARD

Mark Middleton

Sep 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/6/98

Vanguard wrote in message <#0Q6hzS29GA.169@upnetnews03>...

Not a problem, all I was doing was contributing to a debate in which I had
my say. I realise that what I say may not be to other people's liking.But
someone asked the question.

One thing I do know is several of our drivers use the "key trick" ,because
I tried passing one on the M6 on friday night and every time I got level
with him he'd flick the key and leave me sitting like a lemon in the middle
lane.

whats life coming to?

take care

mark

R.Allan Dodds

Sep 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/7/98
In article <#0Q6hzS29GA.169@upnetnews03>, Vanguard
<Vangu...@email.msn.com> writes

>Sorry Mark, I didn't mean it to sound like an attack. I just don't think
>that we can guarantee not to catch that second click if you turn the key off
>... you could hit a bump or something.
>
>The thought TERRIFIES me and I hope it will frighten everyone else reading
>this.

Certainly a terrifying thought. I had half a mind to tell the guy how to
do it properly, then I thought about the possible consequences and
decided not to.
Remember, Tachographs and speed limiters are sealed everywhere you can
get access to them. Those seals are "tamper evident", not "idiot proof".
Sure, you can mess with either one but it will show up on your chart. If
you tamper with the chart that will show up,too. I know one guy who gets
called as an expert witness in court cases,and he can show discrepancies
when all the truck driver did was park outside a factory one night and
go in to load or tip the next morning before replacing the card. All he
stood to gain was a few metres of distance and an hour or so of time.

Asphalt Junkie

Sep 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/8/98

R.Allan Dodds heeft geschreven in bericht
<02CrwBAU...@rdodds.demon.co.uk>...
*In article <#0Q6hzS29GA.169@upnetnews03>, Vanguard
*<Vangu...@email.msn.com> writes
*>Sorry Mark, I didn't mean it to sound like an attack. I just don't think
*>that we can guarantee not to catch that second click if you turn the key
off
*>... you could hit a bump or something.
*>
*
*Certainly a terrifying thought. I had half a mind to tell the guy how to
*do it properly, then I thought about the possible consequences and
*decided not to.
*Remember, Tachographs and speed limiters are sealed everywhere you can
*get access to them. Those seals are "tamper evident", not "idiot proof".
*Sure, you can mess with either one but it will show up on your chart. If
*you tamper with the chart that will show up,too. I know one guy who gets
*called as an expert witness in court cases,and he can show discrepancies
*when all the truck driver did was park outside a factory one night and
*go in to load or tip the next morning before replacing the card. All he
*stood to gain was a few metres of distance and an hour or so of time.
*--
*Allan
*
*U.K. Amateur Radio Operator G7UZW
*
*
We have put both speed limiter as black box on the same fuse. If drivers
want to tamper with it's quite easy to detect, you don't even have to have a
close look at the tachos, just compare the total distance on the tacho's
with the total distance as registred by the black box. Another advantage is
if they tamper with it the black box does register this as "rest" which
means; no pay.

ABS

Sep 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/8/98
"Asphalt Junkie" <asphalt...@usa.net> wrote:

>We have put both speed limiter as black box on the same fuse. If drivers
>want to tamper with it's quite easy to detect, you don't even have to have a
>close look at the tachos, just compare the total distance on the tacho's
>with the total distance as registred by the black box. Another advantage is
>if they tamper with it the black box does register this as "rest" which
>means; no pay.

Well no pay?
Sometimes I'll put my tachograaf on rest when unloading or loading my
truck ... just so that the disc is according the RTW (driving hours
law) ..... no pay You say???

Why should a driver want to tamper with a tacho?
It's in ... tjonge dat engels zeg ... maar het is in het voordeel van
de werkgever wilde ik zeggen!!!
(the employer has the benifit of it)

Angelique

Asphalt Junkie

Sep 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/8/98

ABS heeft geschreven in bericht <6t3sr3$ink$1...@news.worldonline.nl>...
[...]
No Liq, what I ment was tampering with the speed limiter either by switching
the ignition key slightly (Scania -3 series) or removing fuse No. 12
(Scania -3 and -4 series) will both have the same effect on the black box,
it wil register the time while the speed limiter is switched off as "rest",
However the tachograph will offcourse still register. As drivers are being
paid according to the hours registerd by the black box, they will think
twice before they'll switch of the speed limitor.

Marco
*
*

montana

Sep 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/9/98
Gee, that must mean we're all badmaouths and none of us do anything right.
Hate to tell you buddy, but CB's also save lifes, help keep from getting
stuck in places we aren't supposed to be, keep us out of wrecks and many 4
wheelers who carry them also. Not only that, but it wil also radio an
officer for emergencies as well for many of them run cb's in their cruisers
and personal vehickles. Instead of loking at the bad, which really are very
few, try looking at the good-it far outnumbers the bad and I'll bet $5, you
probably swear too. The advantage to a cb if you don't want to listen to
it, is that it has an off/on switch.

ABS

Sep 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/10/98
"Asphalt Junkie" <asphalt...@usa.net> wrote:

>No Liq, what I ment was tampering with the speed limiter either by switching
>the ignition key slightly (Scania -3 series) or removing fuse No. 12
>(Scania -3 and -4 series) will both have the same effect on the black box,
>it wil register the time while the speed limiter is switched off as "rest",
>However the tachograph will offcourse still register.

By the way what does fuse No 14 do???
I thought that would "kill" the speed limiter ... ???
Must be wrong there ...

And DAF ... how can you "kill" the speed limiter there ?
I'm was told you had to hold (switch) the engnition key for a few
seconds and the computer will turn the thing off ...

> As drivers are being
>paid according to the hours registerd by the black box, they will think
>twice before they'll switch of the speed limitor.

No I know what you ment ... snelheidsbegrenzer ... but don't they
have to pay the speed fines themselves???
But your right ... killing the speedlimitor ... why do that anyway ?
If you have to do that there must be something wrong with the guy
(m/v) who laysout the trips (planner) for the drivers.
And you don't win that much time anyway ...

jbradl...@gmail.com

Sep 24, 2015, 12:05:00 PM9/24/15
On Sunday, August 30, 1998 at 8:00:00 AM UTC+1, Jesse wrote:
> On 30 Aug 1998 04:55:02 GMT, sc...@aol.com (SCHT3) wrote:
>

> >from mark middelton :>Some makes of truck will go through the speed limiter if
> >the ignition key
> >>is<BR>
> >>played with. I.E. turn it off then straight back on again, this will let
> >>the<BR>
> >>engine surge for 3-5 seconds which will normally be enough to get past
> >>the<BR>
> >>vehicle you're trying to overtake.<BR>
> >>Be careful if you try this at night because some trucks have the lights<BR>
> >>wired through the ignition.:-(<BR>
> >>Also on some vehicles it doesn't do the alternator any good.
> >
> >THIS IS ABOUT AS STUPID AS IT GETS,
> >PLEASE PUT YOUR NAME ON YOUR TRUCK SO ANY NORMAL DRIVER CAN PULL OVER WHEN YOU
> >DECIDE TO PERFORM THIS TRICK , i know i was raising my voice but is was
> >justified i think
> yea well you must be the stupid one! I know it can be done i know of
> two trucks it was done on! and as soon as i see one of the guys again
> i am going to ask how they did it, there trucks are the same as my
> truck and they can blow my doors off. one of them told me the basics
> of it but he just said a wire on the back of the transmission.... well
> there are 4 wires white green red and black, i just thought someone
> here might know! Since you don't.... shut the fuck up!

good on ya jesse. magnet on the gearbox will do it 100%....just dont let VOSA catch you with it on.

jbradl...@gmail.com

Sep 24, 2015, 12:08:51 PM9/24/15
will defo work on iveco`s but it WILL burn the ignition out,,,trust me , i know lol

ryanu...@gmail.com

Nov 6, 2015, 3:35:41 AM11/6/15
Hello sir.how are you?i just want ask about the speed limiter of my MAN TGA18.430 2006 model.i have problem on my speed limiter.i want to bypass it or disable it.coz my truck can only run up to 60kph.and i always getting a ticket coz of this slow running truck.the speed limit here in my place is 100kph for truck.please can you give me a helping hand on what to do on my truck speed limiter.

musicma...@gmail.com

Jan 3, 2017, 10:49:03 PM1/3/17
You obviously have no idea what a 400 big cam Cummins can do then huh

luke...@gmail.com

Jan 6, 2018, 11:54:10 PM1/6/18
Fucking square. He didn't ask you if he should. He wants to go faster. Your lame ass cones back with a lecture. Thanks Dad, lol.

txtru...@gmail.com

Sep 8, 2018, 9:14:38 AM9/8/18
It works though. I used to do it.

txtru...@gmail.com

Sep 8, 2018, 9:16:13 AM9/8/18
They couldn't figure out how I was doing it.

stib...@yahoo.com

Oct 5, 2018, 9:00:14 PM10/5/18
I will back him up the Ralph Owens trucks would do that so obviously you are getting upset about something you don't know

stacys...@ymail.com

Oct 23, 2018, 7:26:17 PM10/23/18
What did you say leave it along because of road safety lol there putting dumb ass thru school like running cattle thru the auction that should never even stand near a big truck much less drive one there crashing them left and right at 62 miles per hour road safety. Another them by the book duds that think you can truck from coast to coast in 3 days were there laws made there laws made to be broken cow trucker 101