What does the term "members draw" mean on a balance sheet?

Troubled

Oct 4, 2015, 1:45:03 AM10/4/15
Google doesn't seem to have anything on this.

I looked at a balance sheet that has members draw as a entry under equity. The proprietor tell me that it means additional money she has paid into the company. If so, it seems to be phrased poorly, as draw implied money taken out; doesn't it?

--
<< The foregoing was not intended or written to be used, >>

Alan

Oct 4, 2015, 8:20:04 PM10/4/15
On 10/3/15 10:44 PM, Troubled wrote:
> Google doesn't seem to have anything on this.
>
> I looked at a balance sheet that has members draw as a entry under equity. The proprietor tell me that it means additional money she has paid into the company. If so, it seems to be phrased poorly, as draw implied money taken out; doesn't it?

A sole properietor's balance sheet would have three equity accounts: the
initial equity, the owner's draw and the net profit. The owner's draw
represents the amount of distributions OUT of the owner's equity.